ADVERTISEMENT

Athletic Trainer Tim Bream Resigns

well....I don't know the specifics of Bream's interactions with the frat but here is something I do know: there is a massive shortage of men doing work for kids and women due to the high risk of being accused of something. I know, when I adopted my daughter, I reigned in all of my charity work. The risks are just too high.

I knew that name sounded familiar. The Gym at Gettysburg College is named for Hen Bream, Grandfather? Great Grandfather?

Bream graduated from Penn State with a bachelor’s degree in health and physical education, with an emphasis in athletic training. A native of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, he earned his master’s degree in physical education with an emphasis in sports science from West Virginia.

The Henry T. Bream Physical Education Building was completed in January, 1962. Named in honor of former coach and administrator Hen Bream '24, the 3,000-seat gym is the main stage for the Bullets basketball, volleyball, and wrestling teams. In 2009-10, the gym received several major upgrades including a new floor, bleachers, lights, and sound system.

Last edited:
Reactions: N&B4PSU
Someone please correct me if my information isn't accurate.

Wasn't the young man who died tragically at the Beta Theta Pi party cited for underage drinking the weekend before this incident?

I would think that, if the parents knew this, they'd perhaps realize that their son may have a serious drinking issue and take the necessary steps to avoid further consequences rather then trying to place the blame elsewhere.

Bream is apparently not high enough in the food chain to be protected by the Conspiracy of Silence - - - unlike Damon "Empty Suit" Sims.

The actual letter (from Piazzas to the BOT) that is referenced in the article:

"....Fire anyone in the Administration who turned a blind eye to the issues in Greek Life. This starts with Damon Sims. He knew about the problems. He led the Task Force which by its own admission was ineffective. He and his colleagues told us (and other families) at Parents weekend that there was no hazing at Penn State. When many parents of children who were currently pledging spoke out and talked about the hazing the children were facing, the response was “unless the student reports it, it didn’t happen”. We have letters from other parents telling us the same thing. Again, he (and others) turned a blind eye. Had the Administration listened to these parents, our son would be alive today..."

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/crime_courts/article_c71ca6f6-471c-11e7-ba10-e70a16ccb9cd.html

I wonder why the "independent student newspaper" (The Collegian) didn't mention that in today's article?

Thanks for the reminder of Simms and the other info linked to FB.

Someone please correct me if my information isn't accurate.

Wasn't the young man who died tragically at the Beta Theta Pi party cited for underage drinking the weekend before this incident?

I would think that, if the parents knew this, they'd perhaps realize that their son may have a serious drinking issue and take the necessary steps to avoid further consequences rather then trying to place the blame elsewhere.
I don’t mean any to be offensive to you, but OTL, you’re old and tired ;)

I’m 33 going on 34, not too far removed from my metriculation days. The theory amongst my posse is that if you didn’t get an underage, you didn’t experience college. I know, that sounds stupid, now. But, it is what it is.

There is not one person that I interacted with at school, and I got around and met a lot of people, that didn’t receive an underage. Maybe it’s just a coincidence. Maybe I surrounded myself around the wrong crowd (nah, I didn’t- We all turned out great and still communicate to this day and get our families together when able). But that said, when someone goes to the slammer for processing, the phone call wasn’t to the folks. It was to the roommates. Or, it’s already known you’re going down, and a roommate calls the bondsman and he’s already there waiting for you before you even get to county.

The point is once you’re off to school, the parents are out of the loop so it makes sense that Piazzas parents were unaware of the previous weekends run-in with the law thus making it impossible to intervene. But that’s just me speculating based off of experience. For all I know they did know.

The Piazza situation is tragic and unfortunate. I partied as hard as anyone in my hay day, around thousands of people for several years, and luckily tragedy never struck.

I thought a Beta brother testified under oath in a prelim that he doesn't drink and never drank while pledging. That doesn't exactly mesh w/ the headlines in this case.

I feel badly for the family, but they don't dictate PSU hirings and firings, and they need to let the legal process run its course w/ the nutcase DA out of the picture.

Bream is apparently not high enough in the food chain to be protected by the Conspiracy of Silence - - - unlike Damon "Empty Suit" Sims.

The actual letter (from Piazzas to the BOT) that is referenced in the article:

"....Fire anyone in the Administration who turned a blind eye to the issues in Greek Life. This starts with Damon Sims. He knew about the problems. He led the Task Force which by its own admission was ineffective. He and his colleagues told us (and other families) at Parents weekend that there was no hazing at Penn State. When many parents of children who were currently pledging spoke out and talked about the hazing the children were facing, the response was “unless the student reports it, it didn’t happen”. We have letters from other parents telling us the same thing. Again, he (and others) turned a blind eye. Had the Administration listened to these parents, our son would be alive today..."

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/crime_courts/article_c71ca6f6-471c-11e7-ba10-e70a16ccb9cd.html

I wonder why the "independent student newspaper" (The Collegian) didn't mention that in today's article?

The only thing I object to is the use of "children" to identify adults of college age. Young men and women go off to die for their country, at age 18.

I’m 33 going on 34, not too far removed from my metriculation days. The theory amongst my posse is that if you didn’t get an underage, you didn’t experience college. I know, that sounds stupid, now. But, it is what it is.

There is not one person that I interacted with at school, and I got around and met a lot of people, that didn’t receive an underage. Maybe it’s just a coincidence. Maybe I surrounded myself around the wrong crowd (nah, I didn’t- We all turned out great and still communicate to this day and get our families together when able). But that said, when someone goes to the slammer for processing, the phone call wasn’t to the folks. It was to the roommates. Or, it’s already known you’re going down, and a roommate calls the bondsman and he’s already there waiting for you before you even get to county.

The point is once you’re off to school, the parents are out of the loop so it makes sense that Piazzas parents were unaware of the previous weekends run-in with the law thus making it impossible to intervene. But that’s just me speculating based off of experience. For all I know they did know.

The Piazza situation is tragic and unfortunate. I partied as hard as anyone in my hay day, around thousands of people for several years, and luckily tragedy never struck.

You're absolutely correct, JC. I AM both old and tired. I also have a son about your age and when he was entering his freshman year at University Park I sat down with him and had one of those long father to son talks with him about the perils and pitfalls of college life. I'm sure he'd already heard the lesson before but I felt it was my fatherly duty to give him the bird's eye low down on all the shit to be aware of. I'm sorry that it appears the Piazza parents failed to do so with their son.

You're absolutely correct, JC. I AM both old and tired. I also have a son about your age and when he was entering his freshman year at University Park I sat down with him and had one of those long father to son talks with him about the perils and pitfalls of college life. I'm sure he'd already heard the lesson before but I felt it was my fatherly duty to give him the bird's eye low down on all the shit to be aware of. I'm sorry that it appears the Piazza parents failed to do so with their son.
The University needs to ban hard liquor at Fraternities and welcome draft beer w/ open arms. Hit the reset button. Also lift the downtown keg ban at apartments. Fill them up w/ something other than vodka or rum. This would also aid in portion control.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
I knew that name sounded familiar. The Gym at Gettysburg College is named for Hen Bream, Grandfather? Great Grandfather?

Bream graduated from Penn State with a bachelor’s degree in health and physical education, with an emphasis in athletic training. A native of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, he earned his master’s degree in physical education with an emphasis in sports science from West Virginia.

The Henry T. Bream Physical Education Building was completed in January, 1962. Named in honor of former coach and administrator Hen Bream '24, the 3,000-seat gym is the main stage for the Bullets basketball, volleyball, and wrestling teams. In 2009-10, the gym received several major upgrades including a new floor, bleachers, lights, and sound system.
I graduated from Gettysburg and was wondering the same thing;)

I thought a Beta brother testified under oath in a prelim that he doesn't drink and never drank while pledging. That doesn't exactly mesh w/ the headlines in this case.

I feel badly for the family, but they don't dictate PSU hirings and firings, and they need to let the legal process run its course w/ the nutcase DA out of the picture.
MtN: Perhaps you have your Tims mixed up? .Tim Bream does not drink. I don't think anyone said that about Tim Piazza.

MtN: Perhaps you have your Tims mixed up? .Tim Bream does not drink. I don't think anyone said that about Tim Piazza.
No, I was referring to another random Beta brother (I wouldn't know his name if you mentioned it) that testified in a prelim that he didn't drink and didn't drink through pledging.

I’ve read there were numerous pledges and brothers who didn’t drink that night Mt Nittany

I spent 3 years at Penn State under the age of 21 and managed to both drink alcohol and not get an underage, not even a public urination... Guess I didn't do it right or something?

The Piazza’s just continue to “endear themselves” with their “vindictive grief”.

ADVERTISEMENT