ADVERTISEMENT

At the airport - things dudes shouldn’t do

I’m going to hurt some feelings here, but I just saw this multiple times at the airport - it rankles me:

Dudes with neck pillows

Outside of airport context:

Bringing a blanket to the movie theater
Saying “veggies”

Bigger travel offense IMO is anyone trying to take on an obviously oversized suitcase in addition to a large carry on bag/item. Or people who don’t wait their turn to disembark after the plane has landed - as if their time is more valuable than yours. Neck pillow? Better than someone sleeping on my shoulder.

there are "dudes" and there are men
Just don’t say “veggies”. I’m begging you.

I did laugh watching the Walking Dead one time and a group of raiders were attacking the main settlement. A bad guy asked a girl what she was doing - she said she was going to the garden to pick some veggies. He warned her never to say “veggies”. Cracked me up

there are "dudes" and there are men
giphy.gif

Ah, the oversized carry on. Then people look dumbfounded when the bag won't fit in the bin and they've held up boarding for the last 5 minutes

+100. What is astounding to me that the one of the constant complaints to the airlines is delayed flights and missed connections, There was just an article about it in Yahoo last week. When all the airline has to do is enforce the carry on rule at the gate. It would speed up the boarding process by at least 10 minutes.
Just a few months ago I was at the gate waiting for my plane when the attendant made the woman use the "size" gauge at the gate. I watched her cram and shove the "travel" bag into the sizing gizmo. She finally got it in but couldn't get it back out. After about 3 minutes of pulling at it the attendant told her to take some items out so she could remove it. So she did. And then, right in front of the attendant proceeded to put them back in AND then they let her board. WTF? I wondered how long she made people wait while she tried to cram it into the over head bin. It was ridiculous but entertaining in a twisted sort of way.

Bigger travel offense IMO is anyone trying to take on an obviously oversized suitcase in addition to a large carry on bag/item. Or people who don’t wait their turn to disembark after the plane has landed - as if their time is more valuable than yours. Neck pillow? Better than someone sleeping on my shoulder.
I always wondered how many others on a given flight were thinking the same thing. Looks like I'm not the only one. I've noticed in the last year that airlines are starting to get tougher on oversized carry-ons though.

Reactions: BBrown
I love the idiot who takes the oversized suitcase onto the plane and is seated in Row 28. They get to their seat, realize they can't fit their suitcase in the overhead compartment, and then try to take the suitcase to the front of the plane to get it checked, going against the grain while others are trying to get to their seats. Said idiot is pushing their way forward in the narrow aisle with the huge suitcase, pissing everyone else off.

Stupid people have no right to board an airplane. Take the bus.

Neck pillow are acceptable on international flights, red-eyes, and flights that leave before 6:30AM or leave after 10PM (ie...because you woke up at some crazy time or land a very late time). But other than those specific instances, i agree.

The worst part of traveling is toilet stalls and idiots who piss all over the toilet seats. Kick up the goddamn toilet seat before you piss. So many jackasses in this world.
Travelling?
You just described my workplace to a T. Go in to use the facilities and there's piss on every freakin seat.

The announcement to let others who have tight connections off first - it never works and logistically it is nearly impossible to let the person on the window who has a tight connection and a bag burring two rows back, out of your row. Assuming you get total cooperation from your row, that person gets hung up behind everyone else ahead of them jockeying to disembark. Time savings of what, 30 seconds?

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Plus the airlines know you have a connection. Airlines aren't going to close the gate knowing they have connecting passengers who just arrived prior to the next flight's scheduled time.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Plus the airlines know you have a connection. Airlines aren't going to close the gate knowing they have connecting passengers who just arrived prior to the next flight's scheduled time.

LOL totally NOT the case. I arrived as they were closing the door of the gate while people were fully lined up still entering the plane. The entire ramp was full of people and I was told "sorry too late". Airlines get fined if that door closes after a certain time. They could not care less about you making that flight. Means nothing to them.

my biggest gripe is when they start boarding the plane, and everyone stands up and congregates in the walkway while they wait for their group to be called. It's like dodging a damn minefield trying to walk from gate to gate. That and when people from group 2847529 gaggle to the front and then you have to push your way through them to get to the gate. ridiculous....

Want to bet - they don't care.

Men who wear PJ Pants at the Airport
People in zone 6 who stand in front of the gate so if you are in zone 3 you cant get bye them - I heard the gate agents call them Gate Lice.

A couple years ago when I had mid level status on Delta flying wasn’t too bad.

While Delta had a few big screwups with me, for the most part the worst part of travel is other people.

Getting to board early and through the priority lane eliminated whether I watched or cared about the gate lice or people trying to jam their steamer trunks in the overhead. I get on, sit down, and start watching whatever I had downloaded.

I never really got worked up about how people dressed or what accessories they brought as long as they didn’t bother anyone. Over the years I’ve seen anything from the asshole at the gate playing his guitar loud enough the announcements couldn’t be heard to the guy across the aisle from me shadow boxing the seats around us - that one was on something and they still served him once but refused after that.

A blanket in the movies, could have saved Pee Wee Hermans career.

Which reminds me of this - What do Pee Wee Herman and John Wilkes Booth have in common? Scroll down for answer

Both shot someone in the back of the head in a theater.

Reactions: harbest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT