ADVERTISEMENT

At least the SEC apologized for the mess up already.....

Probably already drawing up plans for a personal foul call on PSU for winning/losing the coin toss

Rules for the first 55 minutes: let them play

Rules for the last 5 minutes:
PSU run > 5 yards = Holding
PSU complete pass = Holding
PSU long TD = throw a flag at mid-field, Holding
PSU FG = Holding
PSU blocked FG = Leaping
PSU fumble recovery = the runner was down and no review
PSU interception = PI, personal foul, or both

• Haha
Reactions: Phil's Rug
yep. And I didn't really see that last night. The mess up on downs happened early and, although it was the dumbest thing I have ever seen, it didn't turn the game. We likely would have punted anyway unless we picked up 12+ yards on 3rd down.

With B1G crews, especially from the 2000s, you would have seen that PI called on us late.

Simply not true, this is taken directly from the NCAA's Rules Interpretation Manual for Officials:

Note 1: In all cases except when the ball is thrown directly into the ground, there is no foul unless there is pressure on the passer. This is implicit in all guidelines
below

So the call they made on 1st Down was FUNDAMENTALLY INCORRECT and called in contradiction to NCAA rules. Beyond that, Clifford Completed 28 of his 32 passes on the day for 280 yards (i.e., an average of 10 yards per completion). How you figure the SEC Officials didn't steal that entire series from PSU 10 ways from Sunday is quite beyond me. They penalized them 7 yards on an utterly corrupt call under the ACTUAL NCAA Rules and Rule Interpretations Manual. Then they literally steal a play from them.... and your hear saying it was really no big deal???? LMAO. Some of you people are really ludicrous.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Who supplies the crew that does the chains? I would guess that is handled by a local team from PA? The fact that whoever was changing the marker on the field was wrong a few times during the game......you have one job....
Based on a lot of the guys I see on the chain gang I think the local nursing homes supply them.

ADVERTISEMENT