Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Tony Negron

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Jarod Verkleeren

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters

GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
Let's see who's crystal ball is the clearest.

I think we have some pretty interesting choices all relatively even. Assuming we head into Bigs with no seed it comes down to who do we think could grab some lightning in a bottle and likely lose the first match only to win 3 (correct?) on the backside to grab one of the allocation spots?

The knee jerk reaction points back to Joe Lee, but he remains an enigma. Gardner (assuming he shakes the rust off) is a tough kid but close to a mirror with Barraclough in terms of ranking and body of work. Negron oozes the 'maybe' factor but hasn't yet delivered. And for the record here, noone is coming down from 165 to save the day.

I am willing to roll the dice that his in season ceiling remains the highest. Big Tony, my man!

Reactions: mcpat
Sounds like Gardner gets a shot on Friday. TB and Tony have "good losses" now but nobody has notched a good win yet, which I guess we can't expect with who we have there. Think Cael is waiting for someone to notch a good win and if not, might end up just being a 4 man wrestle off bracket for Big Tens.

Reactions: mcpat
(In WWE announcer voice)

Man 1: “It can’t be.”

Man 2: “He’s been gone. He was done. I don’t believe it.”

Man 1: “But he had no more eligibility…”

Man 2: “It’s…him. It can’t be, but it is! It’s Zain Retherford!”

(Crowd goes crazy)

Reactions: NittanyChris
I was hoping Matt Lee could make the cut to get down there second half of season. I think he can beat all of them including Joe. And it hurts me to say that..

If whoever goes Friday and bears going they are in I'm going with the claw I think he can catch lightning in a bottle

First off, we are so deep that, barring injuries, we don’t need a qualifier at 157.

Secondly, Cael’s comments today made me think he’s not currently satisfied with any of his options. Is it possible we see yet one more surprise?

Reactions: ccdiver
First off, we are so deep that, barring injuries, we don’t need a qualifier at 157.

Secondly, Cael’s comments today made me think he’s not currently satisfied with any of his options. Is it possible we see yet one more surprise?

Gardner has always shown a good gas tank. That can be a bonus when you're trying to qualify through the consolation bracket.

I doubt he would have returned from the portal if he didn't think he had a good chance of earning the spot.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
The value of a hammer is in the eye of the beholder.

Iowa hammers

Oklahoma state hammers

Ohio State Hammers

Penn State Hammers

This is impressive gif-ing 😂
giphy.gif

…the only legitimate choice is to file an exception with the NCAA for Casey Cunningham getting one more year of eligibility…
…he was a pretty fair 157# wrestler in his day and had a great tournament wrestling in Bryce Jordan…! 😉

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT