ADVERTISEMENT

Asked 5 coeds today why they just don't boycott fraternity parties if they

LealandLoyal

Mar 11, 2012
Don't like how women are treated there? Response was "F?!,'/ no! We are underage and frats are where you can go, get drunk and have a good time!" Good luck changing that culture, PC police.

Could easily be stopped by police stopping drunks stumbling

back towards east halls at 3am. Hitting them with underages (loss of driver's license is part of penalty). But if police actually cared about anything, there would be DUI checkpoints after football games as well.

Want to REALLY put and end to DUI? How about a $20,000 fine !!! That will do it :)

So it's politically correct that girls get soo drunk they pass out ....

...and a major crime to take their picture as such? I'm sorry but I have a problem with that. I'm not condoning the frats behavior, I just can't feel the compassion for the "victims" that were stupid enough to get themselves in that position. If there are pictures of the frat boys holding them down and pouring drinks into them, I change my position. Both parties are morally irresponsible

This post was edited on 3/26 11:29 PM by 81b&w

17-18k for a DUI in Dallas. Almost 20k.

MADD is very active in the court system pushing
the fines up.

State of TX gets 3500. County, City, and lawyers
all get a piece of the action.

It doesn't seem like it's stopped people from
drinking and driving here.

Just put UBER and Lyft into business.

Unless you put interlocks in everyone's car or
Put prohibition back in, some people are still going to
Drink and drive.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-n_RQ2724bhbmun/animal_house_1978_defending_delta/

This post was edited on 3/27 12:50 AM by indynittany

This post was edited on 3/27 12:50 AM by indynittany

Re: So it's politically correct that girls get soo drunk they pass out ....

Morally irresponsible? What the hell is immoral about drinking to excess?

Originally posted by HoustonNit:
17-18k for a DUI in Dallas. Almost 20k.

MADD is very active in the court system pushing
the fines up.

State of TX gets 3500. County, City, and lawyers
all get a piece of the action.

It doesn't seem like it's stopped people from
drinking and driving here.

Just put UBER and Lyft into business.

Unless you put interlocks in everyone's car or
Put prohibition back in, some people are still going to
Drink and drive.
The problem is that the threshold is so low. So there will always be DUI. If the DUIs stop, the threshold will be lowered to restart the cash machine.

Originally posted by LealandLoyal:
Don't like how women are treated there? Response was "F?!,'/ no! We are underage and frats are where you can go, get drunk and have a good time!" Good luck changing that culture, PC police.
I'll never understand this mentality. We always made fun of frat parties for being lame. Don't people have apartment/house parties anymore?

I think the use of the word "coeds" answers this question. Not sure anyone under 40 would consider this term.
flush.r191677.gif

Originally posted by 81b&w:
...and a major crime to take their picture as such? I'm sorry but I have a problem with that. I'm not condoning the frats behavior, I just can't feel the compassion for the "victims" that were stupid enough to get themselves in that position. If there are pictures of the frat boys holding them down and pouring drinks into them, I change my position. Both parties are morally irresponsible

This post was edited on 3/26 11:29 PM by 81b&w
So because a girl is stupid, gets drunk, and passes out, that gives guys a license to assault them and/or take naked pictures of them???? Good lord.

Well that's pretty sick

Look, if you're also equally drunk and take some pic, but then get rid of it in the light of day, ok I can at least listen to the justification based on your state of mind at the time it happened. But if you wake up the next day and share it with all your friends online, as you do regularly, then you're disgusting.

I have long thought that fraternities contained a minority of

members who were sort of the progenitors of the blame-the-victim program. This KDR business has proved it in spades. We have guys on this page saying you have to wait until all the facts are in to decide whether the frat boys did anything wrong, and SIMULTANEOUSLY saying w/o any evidence at all that these girls should not have passed out at the frats. Of course, if the stories are false to begin with, which is their notion when they are defending the frat boys, then it is likely that no girls passed out at the frats.

Women should be safe. That you get drunk and pass out does not mean someone has the right to do something to you they would have no right to do if you were not passed out. You either get consent or you do not, without regard to the condition of the victim.

When people speak of 'male privilege,' this is what they are talking about--we get due process, but until that is over we get to both maintain OUR innocence and trash the victims even without evidence.

If men in their 30s 40s and 50s think like this, imagine how their sons think.

No matter how drunk a woman gets your rights do not

change. And sorry, but it IS a major crime to take advantage of someone who is sleeping or unconscious REGARDLESS of how they got that way.

When whatever you intend to do requires CONSENT, whether it be photos OR sex, it is on YOU if you do not obtain that consent. As much as you would like to blame the victim, you can't.

I am truly shocked to have to explain this to a man in his 50s.

Google car save us.

Computer driven cars and, while we're at it, how about a computer system that keeps you from flying a plane into the side of a mountain. Humans can't be trusted.

Originally posted by 81b&w:
HOLY HELL, MAN!

Why don't you just say if women stopped wearing skimpy outfits, they'd be less likely to be raped. Because its not really a fraternity brother's fault if a woman is raped IF she's wearing some revealing outfit.

WTF?!?

How far do you want to take that?

If I have my buddy over for a Super Bowl party and he gets drunk and passes out, what am I allowed to do to him?

Steal his wallet and use his credit card to buy a new 60" TV? Beat the crap out of him? Stab him to death?

Oh yea? All it takes is a few visits by undercover ABC and

you'll be shoving your cock-sure statement up your arse.

The old "she had it coming defense" classy.

I am sure glad I am older.
It seems to me if young women would dress like elegant ladies of the distant past maybe.....
I watch a particular business show: the women appear with dresses bunched up @ least 1-2 feet above their knees.
Pls tell this hopeless fool what message that sends out.

Look, here's the basic lack of any logic with the "she had it coming" defense...

1) Hey, its not fair that people just ASSUME that all fraternity brothers are date-raping monsterous creeps.
2) Besides, she should have known better wearing that outfit and being all alone in that fraternity house.

If anybody here doesn't see the contradiction in those two statements, ring me up...

If people are still too thick to see it, here's the horrible flaw in the argument: "Its her fault that she wore that outfit and was all by herself in that fraternity house, because it turned those otherwise perfectly angelic boys into monsters."

If we're REALLY going to "blame the victims" here, by using the "she should have known better" argument, then you pretty much HAVE to acknowledge that you're much, much, much more likely to get raped in a fraternity house than most other places.

If somebody sneaks into a lion cage at the zoo, and gets mauled to death - maybe in THAT case we might wonder what the victim was thinking, but only because its pretty much common knowledge that lions can be vicious, wild creatures that can kill you.

Contributory Negligence is not a criminal defense; it is exclusively a civil defense, which is not the issue here yet to my knowledge. Every link that turns up in the search results you gave - including Wikipedia - refers to contributory negligence exclusively as a civil defense. Wbcincy is correct.

Originally posted by Media Fan:
It seems to me if young women would dress like elegant ladies of the distant past maybe.....
I watch a particular business show: the women appear with dresses bunched up @ least 1-2 feet above their knees.

Umm, other then you are a sexist jerk?

Originally posted by stf110:

Ouch. Not sure Media Fan had THAT coming. His post was pretty mild, IMO. I just want to know what business show has women appearing with dresses bunched up 2 feet above their knees. LOL..

Originally posted by LafayetteBear:
Originally posted by stf110:
Ouch. Not sure Media Fan had THAT coming. His post was pretty mild, IMO. I just want to know what business show has women appearing with dresses bunched up 2 feet above their knees. LOL..
It seems rather obvious that the "message" that is sent is that to get an old sexist like him to watch their "business" show, the show needs to use female announcers wearing short skirts. We don't think that he'd be watching if they had someone who looked like Madeline Albright on the air every day, do we?

ADVERTISEMENT