ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ask The Staff -- FREE FRIDAY EDITION!

First question: In the brief time you've had access to the practices, have you been able to get a glimpse of the starters on the OL, DL, LBer? Or have you heard anything if you have not seen them lineup @ practice.

2nd question: Is CJF going to hold a Q & A this week with the press?

First question: In the brief time you've had access to the practices, have you been able to get a glimpse of the starters on the OL, DL, LBer? Or have you heard anything if you have not seen them lineup @ practice.

2nd question: Is CJF going to hold a Q & A this week with the press?
Hey so for your first question - I'm actually going to use it for a fall camp Q/A I'm putting together right now, so your answer to that will be up around noon.

2nd question: Yes, Saturday afternoon for the program's media day. We'll also meet with both coordinators and players.

I, probably like some others, am very skeptical about Jonathan Sutherland’s effectiveness as a starter this season. If there was another LB who is most likely to win some reps away from him, who would it be? Also, what do you think the likelihood is of this occurring? Thanks!

Reactions: Gitzit
I, probably like some others, am very skeptical about Jonathan Sutherland’s effectiveness as a starter this season. If there was another LB who is most likely to win some reps away from him, who would it be? Also, what do you think the likelihood is of this occurring? Thanks!
I would Jamari Budden would be the primary name to watch there. Definitely something that could happen as the season progresses.

Very interested in who is getting 1st team reps on OL and DL, will be better at running the ball. Will we be better at stopping the run. May be difficult to tell.....last year it was the movable object versus the resistable force.

Very interested in who is getting 1st team reps on OL and DL, will be better at running the ball. Will we be better at stopping the run. May be difficult to tell.....last year it was the movable object versus the resistable force.
I'll have a free Q/A story with this in a little. Hard to say who will be the week one staters for sure but I feel like I have a pretty good idea.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
IF we can beat Purdue on the road and Auburn again things may start to feel slightly optimistic on this generally " Chicken Little" board. Why do you think things will be different this year? (if you do...QB injury free and effective is obviously #1). Thanks for you feedback...

Something that I have always thought could be changed or questioned is. When you watch a game there are alway's missed assignments that can swing the game such as a missed blocking assignment, or the wrong route was run etc. Then watching any football practice some of the drills that are performed seem useless, and the player even looks as if he is going through the drill half heartedly. I never understood why more time couldn't be spent going over every scenario that comes in games instead of endless drills like sled drills etc.. Where does the coach balance this? Just seems every game could be won if more time was spent teaching players through repetition to be in the correct spot in every situation, or at least more often than they are now.

Hey so for your first question - I'm actually going to use it for a fall camp Q/A I'm putting together right now, so your answer to that will be up around noon.

2nd question: Yes, Saturday afternoon for the program's media day. We'll also meet with both coordinators and players.
Thank you Dylan.

ADVERTISEMENT