ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS

Can you take us through how injuries caused each of his five losses?

Ruth did lose out on winning four by injury. Nolf won an ncaa tournament on a torn knee. In fact, both had an injury default loss too. CStar just won nationals with a broken hand. Are you sure you know enough about our guys’ injuries to have this argument?
Probably not. Maybe because I don’t care enough about your guys to know those things!

Just like I wouldn’t expect you to know, or care, about our guys! And I think that is a fair position for either side to have!

Ruth did lose out on winning four by injury. Nolf won an ncaa tournament on a torn knee. In fact, both had an injury default loss too. CStar just won nationals with a broken hand. Are you sure you know enough about our guys’ injuries to have this argument?
Agreed. For a fanbase that loves the tagline "excuses are for wussies" - well, you know what I'm going to say.

And that has been something that has stuck in my craw with Spencer as well for a long time. When it comes to the guy who coined the tagline above, somehow everyone always knows and is publicizing the "amazing feats" accomplished while posting x-rays, or whispers about an injury or illness after a loss - right back to in HS. To be fair, it is most likely coming from his circle and maybe not from Spencer himself. Probably part of the 3-inch binder.

I never heard Nolf say one thing about his knee even when asked about it repeatedly by the media. Just went out and wrestled, no excuses. Never heard Ruth mention missing out on being a 4xer either because of injury. Still don't know what Brooks was dealing with.

Honestly, the tagline is attached to the wrong program - you don't need to look past the coaching staff to see that.

Agreed. For a fanbase that loves the tagline "excuses are for wussies" - well, you know what I'm going to say.

And that has been something that has stuck in my craw with Spencer as well for a long time. When it comes to the guy who coined the tagline above, somehow everyone always knows and is publicizing the "amazing feats" accomplished while posting x-rays, or whispers about an injury or illness after a loss - right back to in HS. To be fair, it is most likely coming from his circle and maybe not from Spencer himself. Probably part of the 3-inch binder.

I never heard Nolf say one thing about his knee even when asked about it repeatedly by the media. Just went out and wrestled, no excuses. Never heard Ruth mention missing out on being a 4xer either because of injury. Still don't know what Brooks was dealing with.

Honestly, the tagline is attached to the wrong program - you don't need to look past the coaching staff to see that.
You're being paid to say this, aren't you...

Probably not. Maybe because I don’t care enough about your guys to know those things!

Just like I wouldn’t expect you to know, or care, about our guys! And I think that is a fair position for either side to have!
Fair is generally biased on the internet.

Reactions: donboy6499
Well, I think it’s fair to say that I’m not all Iowa fans. I recognize when other teams have exceptional athletes. Many won’t.

I think it’s also fair to note that your boys, while having outstanding careers, never really had to deal with the types of injuries, (or wrestled with the types of injuries) that Lee has had

personally, I’d love to see a Lee vs RBY meeting. I got Lee.
You would.

Wasn’t Ed behind significantly when he got dinged against Mooch?

Reactions: naddabluechip
Spencer is so dominant that his farts sniff him.
YFuLBX.gif

Humor for the day. Courtesy of @24timenattychamps:

If we’re getting crazy we should just bump Spencer to 33 for the PSU dual and have Cullan take out Howard. Would be the ultimate troll if it works out

It would be pretty one sided. Especially close after weigh ins like it would be for a dual. Most of the shots Austin got in on against RBY, Spencer will finish. RBY would have a terrible time on bottom as well.
This conclusion from the same brain trust that brought us:
Brands owns Cael
Cael will never beat Brands
St John is closing the gap.
Just wait until Ruth and Taylor graduate
Everybody on the planet who beats a Hawk is stalling
Folkstyle pushouts is offensively an aggressive wrestling style

Everybody on here could add numerous other examples.

Lee wrestling RBY at 133 could get ugly as I see no way Lee doesn't gas bad.

Bumping up a weight class while maintaining a weight that is within making 125 in a week or two means risking the health of the knees.

Personally I would love to see it. A 4 time national champ with a single dual loss that puts the Hodge back on the PSU shelf.

RBY vs Lee, I’m taking RBY. When this kid shoots, he always gets it bc he goes for broke. Lee just hasn’t wrestled the same quality of competition. I root against PSU on general principle but RBY is the one kid I’m really pulling for this year.

I'd like to see the best of 5 matches between those two.
Our thoughts of RBY rolling him are as interesting as HR's report of Spencer taking the wood to him.
But sign me up I'd watch.
To be clear, at 133 I believe RBY is too much for Spencer. If RBY were to cut to 125 I pick Spencer.
I think we would all love to see the match, it just isn't going to happen.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
NO, Ed was up 2-1 when the injury occurred.

Yeah, pretty shitty of the ref to have allowed him to capture the toe against his abdomen locked by his free hand. The toe is supposed to be free, like the way Zain, Nick and Dean all practice. It just adds that much more power to hyper extending the knee.

Yeah, pretty shitty of the ref to have allowed him to capture the toe against his abdomen locked by his free hand. The toe is supposed to be free, like the way Zain, Nick and Dean all practice. It just adds that much more power to hyper extending the knee.
Mouch's style is dirty. Every Scramble he is not trying to score, he is trying to hurt his opponent.

Mouch's style is dirty. Every Scramble he is not trying to score, he is trying to hurt his opponent.
See above for a list of excuses from @nitlion6 who acted like it only happens in Iowa.

every fan base is guilty of observations that are occasionally, well, ridiculous. Period!

Z

I re-watched the video to make sure about this, but all of the cranking was on Ed's right leg and yet the injury ended up being to Ed's left knee. I have no idea how it happened.

See above for a list of excuses from @nitlion6 who acted like it only happens in Iowa.

every fan base is guilty of observations that are occasionally, well, ridiculous. Period!

Z
Not Iowa, HR! I don't imagine all Iowa fans are as a collective nearly as idiotic as HR is. And no, all fan bases, nor team's message boards are anywhere near the collective stupidity as generally exhibited on HR.

Reactions: danoftw
An empty can rattles the most, unfortunately they have several empty cans.
I miss our empty cans..

Not Iowa, HR! I don't imagine all Iowa fans are as a collective nearly as idiotic as HR is. And no, all fan bases, nor team's message boards are anywhere near the collective stupidity as generally exhibited on HR.
That would be one persons opinion. I think you would get the same thing from HR towards this board.

it is what it is, and won’t change.

Z

this will upset some people why do Pa kids go to iowa because they cant start at PSU with very few exceptions!why dont iowa kids go to PSU they wouldnt be starters!!Have a great day everyone

Spencer Lee is incredible but he’s wrestling kids who are eventually gonna bump up. I think he’s an amazing wrestler without any real competition. I hope he bumps up to wrestle RBY. I think RBY could make 125 but why bother when he’s won two titles at 133? Plus, I love RBY’s story!! He personifies the Tucson, AZ vibe!

Reactions: hlstone
Spencer Lee is incredible but he’s wrestling kids who are eventually gonna bump up. I think he’s an amazing wrestler without any real competition. I hope he bumps up to wrestle RBY. I think RBY could make 125 but why bother when he’s won two titles at 133? Plus, I love RBY’s story!! He personifies the Tucson, AZ vibe!
Gross /Merideth 2

Need more of this!

He's back. What a loser. I was going to bold the really dumb stuff but after scanning it the whole thing is dumb.
They still can't understand that part of coaching D 1 wrestling is your ability to recruit. I gave the text of one post. You can find the rest over yonder. Can anyone tell me what rules are being broken? SMH

Today at 10:30 on HR.
Ironbird
OK great, this has been discussed before. The much bigger picture, if the OP wants to do some more work? Is looking back at the last 10 years or so. F*** st I will bet has out recruited the next 3-4 teams combined when it comes to top 10 talent!!!

It was/is all about the $$$$ and an un-level playing field. Everyone seems to think that The Brands, Smiths, Ryans of the world are stupid or something. "GEE guys, do you think it would be smart for us too to bring in top tier guys by the truck load???"

It was the ability to do it without any rules that gave the F*** st great Kale a ridiculous advantage. No other way to look at it!!! Now with NIL $$$, the field is starting to level off some, but, kael did a smart thing and started buying club members. Dake, Snyder, and lil whats his face soon to be smashed by LEE!

So YES, what the OP said makes great sense, getting it done is the hard part.

He's back. What a loser. I was going to bold the really dumb stuff but after scanning it the whole thing is dumb.
They still can't understand that part of coaching D 1 wrestling is your ability to recruit. I gave the text of one post. You can find the rest over yonder. Can anyone tell me what rules are being broken? SMH

Ironbird
OK great, this has been discussed before. The much bigger picture, if the OP wants to do some more work? Is looking back at the last 10 years or so. F*** st I will bet has out recruited the next 3-4 teams combined when it comes to top 10 talent!!!

It was/is all about the $$$$ and an un-level playing field. Everyone seems to think that The Brands, Smiths, Ryans of the world are stupid or something. "GEE guys, do you think it would be smart for us too to bring in top tier guys by the truck load???"

It was the ability to do it without any rules that gave the F*** st great Kale a ridiculous advantage. No other way to look at it!!! Now with NIL $$$, the field is starting to level off some, but, kael did a smart thing and started buying club members. Dake, Snyder, and lil whats his face soon to be smashed by LEE!

giphy.gif

Ironbird

Bob Odenkirk Whatever GIF by SAG Awards

ADVERTISEMENT