ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS

You may be onto something, ya bastard.
tumblr_mjnt9wTmQK1rm4mpho1_1280.jpg

No Ironbird posts since Friday morning. Suspended?

I left them both under the bridge they'll be back at some point lol. Just kidding. They haven't grown a set yet

I’m limiting my posting on HR so to not end up banned, but on the following post over there:

“Obviously don’t know the ins and outs, but I often wonder why a kid wouldn’t choose to be part of one of the top programs in the nation in Iowa. Cornell is a good program, but come on …”

I think the OP lacks the following knowledge:

I’m limiting my posting on HR so to not end up banned, but on the following post over there:

“Obviously don’t know the ins and outs, but I often wonder why a kid wouldn’t choose to be part of one of the top programs in the nation in Iowa. Cornell is a good program, but come on …”

no matter how much Mike may want the clicks of a back and forth, it is a new day.

#growth

Reactions: mcpat

Over that span, only 2 Hawkeyes have won a trophy their Sr year.

You would think a few fans would begin to question development when most of the wrestlers are reaching a plateau halfway through their career.

I remember when Vodka pretty much posted his same diatribe in every thread here. That's when I created my Rivals account just to be able to use the IGNORE feature. I wasn't retired yet, then, so my time was much more limited. Must be shortly after that he was banned.

I like tHR Vodka much better. He doesn't $#!+ where he eats, so much.
Are you sure?

Z

Try some Dizzy Pig spices. Good stuff!
Wait a minute, back to brisket for a second: I have been ruining good pieces of brisket for a long time. I can’t seem to get it right. Everybody down here in Texas, who would have you believe they are the best meat smokers in America (and I’m sure some of them are😉)…low and slow is how they do it. 225 for 14-16 hours!

I want more info on @bourbon was describing. What are you cooking it in that you are pouring a beer in it? I pour beer when I’m doing it too, but it’s generally into my stomach!

more details please!

Z

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Wait a minute, back to brisket for a second: I have been ruining good pieces of brisket for a long time. I can’t seem to get it right. Everybody down here in Texas, who would have you believe they are the best meat smokers in America (and I’m sure some of them are😉)…low and slow is how they do it. 225 for 14-16 hours!

I want more info on @bourbon was describing. What are you cooking it in that you are pouring a beer in it? I pour beer when I’m doing it too, but it’s generally into my stomach!

more details please!

Z
I have a Pit Barrel Cooker and it is great. I have had fantastic Brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and chicken wings come from it. Very easy to use.

Reactions: hlstone

more details please!

Z
If you want to retain the bark and still keep it moist and tender you have to wrap it in peach paper when it hits the stall. Usually around 165 degrees.
94488a7e3716b1a32f60031165184797_w200.gif

GlaringIcyEasternnewt-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

more details please!

Z
Mike, I screwed up several.
I wrap mine in foil at the 160ish before it stalls, then take it to 203-206ish..
Take it from the smoker and put it in a towel in an empty cooler and let it set for a while..
It's been good ever since..
I'm not saying this is the brisket is winning any awards but it's very good.

I have a Pit Barrel Cooker and it is great. I have had fantastic Brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and chicken wings come from it. Very easy to use.

I have one of these as well and I love it. Great smoker for those who want to get started and will not be disappointed on how things turn out. I have made briskets in half the time as low and slow method and the flavor is fantastic. I keep it simple. I use Dijon mustard as a binder, lots of salt pepper and some celery salt. That's it. As someone else commented you should not need to jazz up good meat. When I get BBQ out I always ask for it naked. I cringe when I see someone pour A1 on a good Ribeye. But we all have our favs.

I have one of these as well and I love it. Great smoker for those who want to get started and will not be disappointed on how things turn out. I have made briskets in half the time as low and slow method and the flavor is fantastic. I keep it simple. I use Dijon mustard as a binder, lots of salt pepper and some celery salt. That's it. As someone else commented you should not need to jazz up good meat. When I get BBQ out I always ask for it naked. I cringe when I see someone pour A1 on a good Ribeye. But we all have our favs.
I always say, if I need A1 for your steak, I'm not eating your steak. I do like A1 for fries though.

more details please!

Z
I also wrap mine at a certain temp. I don't think mine is traditional but I think it's tasty , along with the guests .😎

Reactions: Mike Zierath
I wrap mine in foil at the 160ish before it stalls, then take it to 203-206ish..
Take it from the smoker and put it in a towel in an empty cooler and let it set for a while..
I've heard of people taking it up to a certain temp, wrapping it and letting it finish in a yeti like cooler wrapped in towels . My son did it that way, be right back , lol.

Over that span, only 2 Hawkeyes have won a trophy their Sr year.

You would think a few fans would begin to question development when most of the wrestlers are reaching a plateau halfway through their career.
Now that's a stat that would be concerning if I was a coach just saying

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Kinda similar.

Smoker at 200-225 for 6-8 hours. Take it off, wrap in foil, add a little apple juice and stick it in the oven for 4-6 more, 12-14 total. Then, stick it in a cooler for a few more hours.

Any traditionalists or contest smokers can KMA. I'm not cooking this for you. And, this brisket is melt in yo mouth, slap yo momma good.

And, if anyone is interested in the recipe, my homemade pastrami is even better than my brisket, but it takes eight days.

Kinda similar.

Smoker at 200-225 for 6-8 hours. Take it off, wrap in foil, add a little apple juice and stick it in the oven for 4-6 more, 12-14 total. Then, stick it in a cooler for a few more hours.

Any traditionalists or contest smokers can KMA. I'm not cooking this for you. And, this brisket is melt in yo mouth, slap yo momma good.

And, if anyone is interested in the recipe, my homemade pastrami is even better than my brisket, but it takes eight days.
i’ll take the recipe. Text me please

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT