ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS

Lyco1990

Jan 14, 2014
I’ve been contemplating this thread for several months. I’ll admit to being an HR long time lurker and find their fantasy amusing. I would like to start a thread to highlight some of the posts that I find entertaining. Feel free to share.

OK...queue up the meme machine for @mvattivo

Once again you can call it whatever you like? One thing is very clear. F*** st is able to pull in at least twice as many Top Recruits as ANY other school! For most schools it is way above 2X and is more like 3,4,5X+.

It has been posted here several times but if you look back over the last 10 years it is almost ridiculous to compare and I would bet that they would be close to having as many top tens as IOWA, ohio st, and Ok st COMBINED!!!

So it is no secret for the coaches really. Either figure it out and get to their level if it is all fair/legal, or shut them down as has happened in other sports.

As others have pointed out. Brands and company better figure out how to bring in several Blue Chips every year! They also have to be very good at filing need weights and not missing!

I would have a direct "Bat Phone" type line to Strittmatter!!! I would also get very "creative" with current wrestlers getting in top prospects ears!

IRONWILL
25 IRONBIRD, Today at 8:41 AM

From rich HWC donor bnichols~

"Great to see Murin win. I was at the meet last year in MN where he suffered a tough loss to the same guy, broke down after the match. Then was humiliated by McKee who mimicked him crying."

I could understand getting the wrestler wrong but someone explain to me how the hell you confuse being at the Minnesota arena when you were at the Illinois match?

From rich HWC donor bnichols~

"Great to see Murin win. I was at the meet last year in MN where he suffered a tough loss to the same guy, broke down after the match. Then was humiliated by McKee who mimicked him crying."

I could understand getting the wrestler wrong but someone explain to me how the hell you confuse being at the Minnesota arena when you were at the Illinois match?

0G2Gk32.gif

Yes, anytime the car turns directly head on into the wall at speed it isn’t good. Immediately thought of Earnhardt.
Yup - that was ugly. Earnhardt’s looked like a softer hit, but he didn’t have the HANS device on.

That said, Earnhardt’s car didn’t then flip over and get tboned. Ugly crash

Reactions: ccdiver

HoundedHawkHR Legend
All physical evidence, if you closely examine the movement that caused the pain, is at least a partial MCL tear. You either tear some of it or you don't. Didn't seem like the knee caught, so I highly doubt meniscus. He would be wrestling if there was no damage. A minor tear takes about 3 weeks to heal.

This Desanto comment didn’t age well. Miraculous recovery!

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Steveson Open Handed Punch

1234Next >

1. Is_there_vodka_in_heavenHR All-American
    Haven't seen comments on Steveson's punch, but I didn't read the play by play thread so maybe it was discussed there. The ref awarded Cassioppi a point but that could've been an ejection.

o_O
    WTF is an open handed punch lmao. Thinking Vodka works for MSNBC fake news. To most of us it’s a slap or aggressive tie up, puncho_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Another Ironbird gem.
It seems pretty clear to me the way I am reading what has been said by coaches, fans, those looking subjectively at the matter etc....

My thoughts on what the coaches are saying is. They do not want what is going on in HAPPY HAPPY joy joy F*** st to effect Wrestling/wrestlers.

In other words, if the NCAA gets involved. it could screw up opportunities for the Wrestlers, especially those supported by clubs.

The fact that Happy joy st. does not seem to give a rats ass and /or have a compliance dept. helps them use this amazing 5 million slush fun anyway they choose.

:p:p:p:D:p:cool::p:p
IowabandwagonAll-Conference
Oh...injuries you say? Kind of like berge coming off injury...reminds me of kem, except berge not as severe and only more recent. Marinelli? Oh, that brace...just a fashion accessory! Spencer’s? Same thing. What about desanto faking his injury? All to save face! Cassioppi? Wrapped his leg because he likes it like that..reminds him not to injure that leg. Hey guys, D1 wrestling. That’s all. Penn state has their injuries and Iowa has theirs. Sounds like roles have reversed for once though in that psu is making the excuses. Nice to see. Iowa hasn’t won it yet but it’s nice to see penn state fans already sweating.

Guess this guy is plain ignorant. Most if not all Penn State fans understand Iowa is the odds on favorites so no sweating here, kinda nice to be an underdog. I still have faith and am willing on betting PSU wins.... with the right odds say 10-1 or points say give me 25 as they are favored by 50+ (seeHR)

Another Ironbird gem.
It seems pretty clear to me the way I am reading what has been said by coaches, fans, those looking subjectively at the matter etc....

My thoughts on what the coaches are saying is. They do not want what is going on in HAPPY HAPPY joy joy F*** st to effect Wrestling/wrestlers.

In other words, if the NCAA gets involved. it could screw up opportunities for the Wrestlers, especially those supported by clubs.

The fact that Happy joy st. does not seem to give a rats ass and /or have a compliance dept. helps them use this amazing 5 million slush fun anyway they choose.
In his defense at least he admitted that the only people who think that way are looking at it “subjectively”. The definition of subjective is:

“existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought”

:p:p:p:D:p:cool::p:p
IowabandwagonAll-Conference
Oh...injuries you say? Kind of like berge coming off injury...reminds me of kem, except berge not as severe and only more recent. Marinelli? Oh, that brace...just a fashion accessory! Spencer’s? Same thing. What about desanto faking his injury? All to save face! Cassioppi? Wrapped his leg because he likes it like that..reminds him not to injure that leg. Hey guys, D1 wrestling. That’s all. Penn state has their injuries and Iowa has theirs. Sounds like roles have reversed for once though in that psu is making the excuses. Nice to see. Iowa hasn’t won it yet but it’s nice to see penn state fans already sweating.

Guess this guy is plain ignorant. Most if not all Penn State fans understand Iowa is the odds on favorites so no sweating here, kinda nice to be an underdog. I still have faith and am willing on betting PSU wins.... with the right odds say 10-1 or points say give me 25 as they are favored by 50+ (seeHR)
I’ll take a blown knee to whatever is hurting Berge. Not as serious my ass.

Reactions: PSUer1989
  • :p

Great Advertisement

• BloodrazorHR All-State

I really don't understand all the anger, bitterness, and hate in this thread. Especially given where Iowa currently sits.

Nor do I understand the assumption that the pulling of Nevills shirt was a unilateral decision by Cael. Anyone stop to consider the possibility that Nevills himself wanted to wrestle? And that he knew all the risks and wanted to go anyway?

Seems like some just look for things to be angry about.
    My, my, my. You must have a TON of posters on BWI on ignore if you don't see the "anger, bitterness, and hate" from a pretty good portion of the regulars on that board, and these are fans that have been spoiled for the last decade. Almost every thread over there pops up a "meltdown on HR coming up" or random shot at Iowa on threads not pertaining to Iowa in the first place. Desanto's fake injury, the 3" binder, Iowa's ducking again, gonna score 150 at nationals, Brands is gonna gas Brooks,the list goes on. I would say the level of venom on BWI is far worse than here, and for sure the amount of posters spewing it.

There is this too. What douche bags https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/as-the-bird-turns.260741/#post-4695249

255 Today at 7:08 PM

Lmao, our beloved IRONBIRD.

I honestly do not believe this cat would be a favorite over BIG Cass. Unless he went the "Cassar quick special route to becoming a Heavy?"
I just don't see him being big/strong enough.

Granted, I have not seen any photos or videos of him in a pretty long time. Someone said he wrestled at some tournament. Has anyone seen videos?

Gobblin's finest. Lmao.

Caels audacity and lack of ethics is unrivaled. It’s a fact. Something is either going to come to a head, or the NCAA simply doesn’t care.

The Iowa staff and fans should be incredibly proud that we’re in the position we’re in despite the challenges they must overcome in Columbus and Happy Valley.

Gobblin's finest. Lmao.

Caels audacity and lack of ethics is unrivaled. It’s a fact. Something is either going to come to a head, or the NCAA simply doesn’t care.

The Iowa staff and fans should be incredibly proud that we’re in the position we’re in despite the challenges they must overcome in Columbus and Happy Valley.

It’s just my opinion but I think it’s rather childish to have a thread devoted to how childish another board is and then to have the moderator of the board participate in the thread. As much as you hate HR and the stupidity that happens there, do you really need to bring the nonsense here?

It’s just my opinion but I think it’s rather childish to have a thread devoted to how childish another board is and then to have the moderator of the board participate in the thread. As much as you hate HR and the stupidity that happens there, do you really need to bring the nonsense here?
Lighten up. At least we have mods here. It's lighthearted humor.

Gobblin's finest. Lmao.

images

Gobblin's finest. Lmao.

What on earth is going on in HV and Columbus that hasn’t gone on in Iowa City for years? Ethics... Gable was doing what Cael and Ryan are doing with very little less competition in his day. He was the JWooden of his era! Slush fund? Hmmm. Come on man. It’s college sports and don’t tell me the Brands bro’s aren’t playing.

The bottomline is that Iowa has not recruited anywhere near what PSU and OSU have over the last ten years. It’s all about cruitin and developing and Iowa hasn’t been up to the challenge until this year but it took 10 years to get close. You have to have top ranked HS wrestlers in your lineup. It’s all about the 5* and top 4* cruits. Then you have to develop them and hope for a dash of luck that they maintain the edge and their health over 4-5 years of intense competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT