ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

Another positive CV test today for Iowa. They say one more and they get shut down. I think our chances of a dual are going to be 50/50. This sucks.

The 4 match minimum needs to be dropped. Sorry but teams are losing matches due to testing on other teams. I say if a dual doesn't get rescheduled them it should count towards the 4. Fair is fair.
Who? Young?

RBY should come out with both hands behind his back. After his first spin around takedown DeSanto's head would explode.

The evil empire, I can feel the hate. Decent predictions though. Homer at end thinks we didn’t discover Penn State till Cael, hmmm 1/2 their team are PA kids. I’m thinking there was a year PA had 6 National champs 1988.
BTN Tournament Seeding/Results Predictions
Next
Chalkdaddy94
Team MVP

Yesterday at 2:32 PM
Well since it’s looking like we won’t get any more dual meets in before Big Ten’s I guess it’s time to start looking forward to the next time we will get to see our Hawkeyes on the mat... What does everyone think our guys will be seeded? And how will they place?

125: Seeds don’t matter here. Lee cruises to a title.
1. Lee
2. Deaugustino
3. Cronin
4. Heinselman
5. Foley
6. Schroder
7. McKee
8. Howard (oh how I hope he is the 8 seed...)

133: I honestly think Desanto has a great shot to win this. Improved from last year and Micic’s health is a ?
1. RBY
2. Micic (apparently he is 50/50 to even wrestle, don’t know if he deserves the 2 seed but would probably get it based on his career)
3. Desanto
4. Alvarez
5. Cannon
6. Byrd

141: Huge to be on opposite side as Lee and Rivera. Picking Eierman to win this bracket as well.
1. Eierman
2. Lee
3. Rivera
4. Red Jr
5. Duncan

149: Love this draw for Murin. Loses to Sasso in the finals. Nervous about Bartlett if he gets the 7 seed.
1. Sasso
2. Murin
3. Storr
4. Carr
5. Thomas
6. Parriott
7. Rooks
8. Bartlett (this would be another fun 8 seed for PSU)

157: Kind of a tough draw for Young but I think he is capable of making the finals and then losing to Deakin.
1. Deakin
2. Young
3. Lee
4. Coleman
5. Berge
6. Lewan

165: Marinelli is a huge favorite here. Looking forward to him against the Amine/Lee winner.
1. The Bull
2. Braunagel
3. Smith
4. Amine
5. Lee
6. Sparks
7. Robb

174: Kemdawg is my pick to win it here. Tough weight for sure.
1. Kemerer
2. Labriola
3. Starocci
4. Massa
5. Romero
6. Washington

184: Very deep weight. Brooks will win it easily. If Brands shows up he has a good shot to finish in the top 4, if not he might get 8th or worse...
1. Brooks
2. Weiler
3. Malczewski
4. Webster
5. Braunagel
6. Brands
7. Venz
8. Lyon
9. Jordan

197: I hope Beard gets the 5 and not the 6 if Warner is the 3. Warner has the potential to win it but I don’t see him getting past Amine. I’ll pick Amine to win this weight.
1. Shultz
2. Amine
3. Warner
4. Caffey
5. Beard
6. Davison
7. Penola

HWT: Picking Steveson to win it and Cass to get 3rd. Another deep weight in the Big Ten.
1. Steveson
2. Parris
3. Big Cass
4. Nevills
5. Luffman
6. Lance
7. Hilger
8. Orndorff

Reactions:TarpHawk, SDHN2013, just_somebody and 5 others
K
KuwaitHawk
HR Legend

Gold Member
Yesterday at 2:52 PM
How do those placements stack up point wise for Iowa?

23 so far
HR Heisman

Yesterday at 3:06 PM
KuwaitHawk said:
How do those placements stack up point wise for Iowa?
Better than everybody else.

Reactions:andegre, dirt33, VansontheMoon44 and 7 others
Chalkdaddy94
Team MVP

Yesterday at 3:12 PM
23 so far said:
Better than everybody else.
Yeah I think that my pretty optimistic, but not unreasonable predictions would give us the title and the team in 2nd probably wouldn’t be that close to us points-wise.

Reactions:Jrjt0518
J
Jrjt0518
HR MVP

Yesterday at 3:44 PM
Chalkdaddy94 said:
Yeah I think that my pretty optimistic, but not unreasonable predictions would give us the title and the team in 2nd probably wouldn’t be that close to us points-wise.
Good I’m tired of the psu banter all over the place. They have this they have that. So what. Not the last two years and on top of that half of them weren’t psu fans until Cael got there. They didn’t even have a rivals page now there are so many of them. Like leeches. Makes me sick!!

From "The Bird" himself:

Then have him Wrestle 12 days later! Guess he doesn't give a damn about his wrestlers ? What could you possibly shoot the kid up with where in less then 2 weeks he goes from being injured and out to not only practicing but Wrestling a match!

From a Jr Bird:

Does surgery mean rehabbing at The Treigning Lab?

It sounds to me like...
giphy.gif

From "The Bird" himself:

Then have him Wrestle 12 days later! Guess he doesn't give a damn about his wrestlers ? What could you possibly shoot the kid up with where in less then 2 weeks he goes from being injured and out to not only practicing but Wrestling a match!

From a Jr Bird:

It sounds to me like...
giphy.gif
Or it was cartilage work that generally doesn’t require a big brace on the return, and doesn’t have a heavy structural element. I’m guessing the plan was let him try a couple minutes’ work to log a couple results to widen the qualification options, and if anything feels funny or it goes too long he could just MFF and walk off.

From "The Bird" himself:

From a Jr Bird:

It sounds to me like...
giphy.gif
Can you imagine if we had a huge 174 who was in his mid 20s who had moved up easily from 157 - and looked very vascular?

Or a 149 who all of a sudden looks like Tomasello?

Can you imagine the accusations that would be thrown out?

Can you imagine if we had a huge 174 who was in his mid 20s who had moved up easily from 157 - and looked very vascular?

We have a poster or two who occasionally steps out onto the ledge. I go out there once in a while myself. What we do not have is a regular poster as imbecilic as ironbrain.

Last edited:

Or a 133 who has to be helped off the mat one day, then looks like nothing ever happened within a week?

We have a poster or two who occasionally steps out onto the ledge. I go out there once in a while myself. What we do not have is a regular poster as imbecilic as ironbrain.
Ironburd isnt schick, I believe he is who he is. Like Weh8, that's just who they are.

I believe our guys see mud and are like cool mud, I'll play.

When done our guys clean the mud off and go home.

We don't have to imagine it, unless we've forgotten Zain's back zits that are visible only in CHA.

Reactions: diggerpup
From "The Bird" himself:

From a Jr Bird:

It sounds to me like...
giphy.gif
Too be fair, he is used to heavyweights with gunshot issues ;-)

They are back. Now accusing PSU wrestlers of blood doping. From HR:
Bluroptimo:
"It means it’s all about the blood. If you don’t know go take a look around pro cycling. They cracked the code three decades ago."

Ironbird “I am really lost on this Manville guy. Listed as only a JR. they talked about a black shirt???? Give Fale and F*** st credit for adding yet another color shirt. Not sure how long you can stay in school and wrestle over there? Guess as long as they are paying, what the hell!”

How does this guy not realize what an idiot he is by saying this? Better question, how is that no one over there is telling him what an idiot he is for saying that?

Ironbird “I am really lost on this Manville guy. Listed as only a JR. they talked about a black shirt???? Give Fale and F*** st credit for adding yet another color shirt. Not sure how long you can stay in school and wrestle over there? Guess as long as they are paying, what the hell!”

How does this guy not realize what an idiot he is by saying this? Better question, how is that no one over there is telling him what an idiot he is for saying that?

I'm assuming your last question is rhetorical.

I tried to lend him a hand on the black-shirt thing.

#compassion

Terry Brands was Ironbird’s tutor in high school - that’s how dumb the Burd is

Ironbird has been getting you guys for years. It's hilarious how worked up some get from his comments. He is definitely a step behind and a dollar short though. I just shake my head and scroll past him for the most part.

How many truly stupid f#%KS do you know who are actually aware of their own stupidity? If you honestly expect him to understand his own low cognitive skills your expectations are miles too high.

Just saying.

It was mentioned on the broadcast and it was accompanied with video clips of Sasso receiving his black shirt from Tom and commenting. No idea how he got that it had anything to do with PSU.
Lol. I had muted video up on my computer (another Project Runway night in the living room 😫), and went to the kitchen to whip
up some beer bread during intermission. Must have missed the ceremony.

Maybe tOSU can have a Parade of Blackshirts during B1Gs next time they host.

It was mentioned on the broadcast and it was accompanied with video clips of Sasso receiving his black shirt from Tom and commenting. No idea how he got that it had anything to do with PSU.
Sideshow Sammy prides himself on being a savage. He needs to watch some Nolf footage to see how far he needs to go to get to that level

Exactly. You always have. A big reason you have lost it so many times. He is culpable for his own actions. The rest of us are not guilty by association for sharing a free anonymous board with him.
If it’s not guilt by association, what is your excuse for being down at that level?

- S

Sideshow Sammy prides himself on being a savage. He needs to watch some Nolf footage to see how far he needs to go to get to that level
For real? I must have missed that. If so, he needs to score a few more points. More than Richie Lewis, at least.

Reactions: danoftw
The son of Ironberd

"Mvpfan"
PSU= Murin might be ducking vs Wisconsin. (Nevermind if he doesn't wrestle it won't help his seed but beating Gomez would.)

Also PSU= Starocci has a sore wrist. He isn't going vs Romero and nothing to gain (only to lose) by wrestling Romero and Labriola and should sit out until big tens.

Meanwhile Young, Bull and Tony are the only 3 guys in the entire lineup not injured to some degree and Kem walked out and wrestled with a lot more than a sore wrist last weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone

The reason why social media sucks is it gives guys like this (bird, not j-town) a platform to publish ignorance and stupidity. And it gives stupid people (everywhere, not just bird) a place to meet each other and amplify their stupidity and agree with each other. Then morons form a pack and defend the lies and misinformation to the death, even when faced with facts. Even when a pack member goes way off the rails, as bird did above, the pack won't call him out on it because of pack mentality.

Please do not take this as political. These moron-packs cross all ideologies, fan-bases, and sections of society.

It's my opinion that these moron-packs, which used to be isolated individuals alt- newgroup forums, and small newsletter groups, have now been given improper illegitimacy and also attention by media outlets to make them seem large and important. Once it hits the media, people believe these packs are large and influential, not small, vocal minorities.

Facebook is America's cancer. Tweeter is just as bad.

I know, I know. TL/DR and "get off my lawn".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT