ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

And then this...

Spooner- "Add the HWC itself and now at least 3 board members to those refuting his claims. Still siding with him?"

Why yes Spooner....yes I am.
So those same board members don’t know what’s going on with their very own club, but speak authoritatively about Cael, PSU wrestling and the NLWC like they impersonated a cleaning crew and put bugs in all the light fixtures at the Lorenzo Complex

So those same board members don’t know what’s going on with their very own club, but speak authoritatively about Cael, PSU wrestling and the NLWC like they impersonated a cleaning crew and put bugs in all the light fixtures at the Lorenzo Complex
^^This^^

Let me get this right. Tom actually lies to his fan base about unlimited funds and the woman’s program getting canned.

No. He actually believed those things, so it's not lying. Tom's not real big on paying attention to details. Ask Virginia Tech.
giphy.gif

No. He actually believed those things, so it's not lying. Tom's not real big on paying attention to details. Ask Virginia Tech.
I stand corrected. So he is not dishonest just misinformed head coach... much better?

Tom Brands while discussing HWC women...

"My direct report, (Iowa deputy director of athletics) Barbara Burke, is a fan. But she’s also going to defer to our coaching staff on how she’s going to operate, so we’re going to operate within the philosophy of our program.”

Can anyone break this down for me because I'm confused what Tom was trying to say here. I'm kinda stuck on the word "defer" I think.. Since the discussion was about HWC athletes, I'm confused as to why he'd bring up someone from the University's athletic department. Is he saying he was looking for consultation from her? Not really clear. And if he was.... why?

Seems like something we should look into if ya ask me. University athletic departments shouldn't be vested in these clubs should they?

Signed,
BWIsVodka

1. sdvikeHR All-State
    Wasn't sure if this was ever brought up before but Hawks have #1 college wrestling program both historically and currently. And Gable/Brands are the best in the business at teaching and motivating. That's all.
    Historically, think Okie St may take issue, current defending back to back to back national champs take issue with the other fallacy.

1. sdvikeHR All-State
    Wasn't sure if this was ever brought up before but Hawks have #1 college wrestling program both historically and currently. And Gable/Brands are the best in the business at teaching and motivating. That's all.
    Historically, think Okie St may take issue, current defending back to back to back national champs take issue with the other fallacy.
Iowa has a great team. Ohio State has a great program.

Reactions: Grass

1. sdvikeHR All-State

(ahem)

back to back to back to back

Iowa is old news Next year starts another run with all on hr crying about cheating and how we get the best recruits lol

Reactions: nitlion6
Pat Downey III

✔@PatDowney

i cant wait to compete with @magicman_psu again
203c.png
i really respect all the extensive measures he does to be so well conditioned & jump weight classes. its as if he along w every 1 else @treigning_lab is willing 2 go above & beyond with 0 regard of the side effect #BaldHead

Hey Tiki, this slander/libel?
Libel, and probably not actionable. A clear and detailed allegation that a wrestler took steroids that the speaker knew or had good reason to know was likely false might be actionable, but Downey's wording is vague and weaselly, capable of too many meanings. Additionally, defamation is understood as how a reasonable person could interpret the statement. To that end, and some might see this as unfair, but people who talk trash all the time are more insulated from defamation claims than people who are highly regarded; that is, reasonable people generally disregard what comes out of Pat Downey's mouth.

Libel, and probably not actionable. A clear and detailed allegation that a wrestler took steroids that the speaker knew or had good reason to know was likely false might be actionable, but Downey's wording is vague and weaselly, capable of too many meanings. Additionally, defamation is understood as how a reasonable person could interpret the statement. To that end, and some might see this as unfair, but people who talk trash all the time are more insulated from defamation claims than people who are highly regarded; that is, reasonable people generally disregard what comes out of Pat Downey's mouth.
Epic.

So in other words, Downey got some professional legal advice before he posted his tweet. :cool:

Is tHR still a thing?

I went there for the first time in months and it looks like a) every thread is started by same guy trying to get paid for his sports journalism skills b) same haters hating c) one great joke about minnysoda

The joke was well worth the pages of nonsense by the way.

I can understand why the HR faithful are a bit cranky. They thought they had their NC in the bag this year and it didn't happen. Now they are faced with the likelihood that several teams will be much improved next year.

What really bugs them is that their most hated rival is one of them.

Is tHR still a thing?

I went there for the first time in months and it looks like a) every thread is started by same guy trying to get paid for his sports journalism skills b) same haters hating c) one great joke about minnysoda

The joke was well worth the pages of nonsense by the way.
But, if the joke is the one I'm thinking of, it was a PSU guy that cracked it, right?

Tikk is advising him. He literally told Downey, "Reasonable people generally disregard what comes out of your mouth." And, Downey said, "Yeah! Darn right they do!" Maybe a little more colorfully.

Here's the real rub! If Tikk10 has Downey on retainer, he can't tell us because of client/attorney confidentiality. :rolleyes:

The hatred is palpable.

DirtyJohns
All-Conference

Gold Member
Today at 9:58 AM
Let's send Cashman out there to get his hand raised and bump Lee up to 133 to teach RBY a lesson and maybe actually get a decent workout in for once.

Reactions: danoftw
The hatred is palpable.

DirtyJohns
All-Conference

Gold Member
Today at 9:58 AM
Let's send Cashman out there to get his hand raised and bump Lee up to 133 to teach RBY a lesson and maybe actually get a decent workout in for once.

There's a bunch of commenters on HR that seem to believe:
A) Wrestling with an arm behind your back is somehow an advantage
B) Wrestlers are obligated to allow opponents to wrestle/set up takedowns in the exact way they want to

B) Wrestlers are obligated to allow opponents to wrestle/set up takedowns in the exact way they want to
This is pure gold.

Reactions: soonerbd

A is an advantage. That is why RBY does it and since he has beaten AD twice in a row me thinks it works. :)

As to B well that is a common HR point of view. LOL

Reactions: ClarencButthorn
Another positive CV test today for Iowa. They say one more and they get shut down. I think our chances of a dual are going to be 50/50. This sucks.

The 4 match minimum needs to be dropped. Sorry, but teams are losing matches due to testing on other teams. I say if a dual doesn't get rescheduled then it should count towards the 4. Fair is fair.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT