ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS

You're wearing people thin because you're being incessant about this topic. Agree to disagree and move on. You don't always have to have the last word. Btw, that's a great gif of Cenzo and Marinelli.
Go back and look at this forum. I said I didnt like the gesture and spent the rest of the time defending myself. Who exactly is being incessant?

Also, thanks on the gif. I thought it would fit in nicely here.

Deflect and try to make it about an Iowa wrestler. It seems to be the default mode for some here.
I have no problem with him leaving his shoes on the mat. It was a gesture of thanks to NJ fans and I am not from Jersey. You made a point of coming to a PSU board to complain about it and I replied by giving you a lightweight whose behavior bothers me. I wouldn't have brought him up at all if you hadn't felt the need to start complaining here about a kid you don't know.

I have no problem with him leaving his shoes on the mat. It was a gesture of thanks to NJ fans and I am not from Jersey. You made a point of coming to a PSU board to complain about it and I replied by giving you a lightweight whose behavior bothers me. I wouldn't have brought him up at all if you hadn't felt the need to start complaining here about a kid you don't know.
I never made it about the kid, just the act. Also its on flo and reported on several sites. Me taking a position on it isnt out of line IMO.

I never made it about the kid, just the act. Also its on flo and reported on several sites. Me taking a position on it isnt out of line IMO.

Understood. The good news is what any of us wanna be message board posters think has zero effect on a guy like Howard. The guys who like the attention of stardom sometimes shine brighter on the biggest stages. I having a feeling Howard may be one of these guys.

You took a position, I took a position. The difference is I didn't bother to go to HR with my opinion of Gilman's antics bc I knew it would only create issues.

Reactions: PASLP2
I know I'm childish but this cracked me up..... lol

JackHawk87: My wife could fill up this thread with non Iowa wrestlers. RBY comes on - “I don’t like him” Red up next - “he’s a punk. I don’t like him” Sasso up next - “He never shoots and stalls a lot. I don’t like him” Gable - “He’s lazy and a creep.

Goldengopherpride: "Sounds like a racist."

Geography a major at Iowa?

Zalesky Out at Oregon State?

1. Neo_HawkHR MVP
    Just saw a tweet by Willie. Sad if true but not surprising. All time great Hawk wrestler. Wish he would have stayed closer, OSU is a long way from most talent these days, gotta be a tough sell to recruits.

1 23 minutes ago
    Grip220 and 23 so far like this.

2. Neo_HawkHR MVP
    The program has a great history but just not much happening in the NE and I don't see that changing any time soon. Be in or around the Big10 or it's a tough road to hoe.

Who cares what Howard did with his shoes in his last match. We watched Nolf take his anklets and diligently place them on start circle when he was done with his matches. I'm certain a few people had issue with that.
It just was Nolf being Nolf. I don't think it was intended to iratate anyone. No difference in what Howard did. It was just his statement that his high school career was done.

I know you're being sarcastic but click <here> for an interesting geography nerd article about it.

That was interesting. Being in the epicenter of the Midwest, I have never really thought about the debates that those on the mythical edges would have or that it was so hotly contested.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Geography a major at Iowa?

Zalesky Out at Oregon State?

1. Neo_HawkHR MVP
    Just saw a tweet by Willie. Sad if true but not surprising. All time great Hawk wrestler. Wish he would have stayed closer, OSU is a long way from most talent these days, gotta be a tough sell to recruits.

1 23 minutes ago
    Grip220 and 23 so far like this.

2. Neo_HawkHR MVP
    The program has a great history but just not much happening in the NE and I don't see that changing any time soon. Be in or around the Big10 or it's a tough road to hoe.
It is even sadder that an Iowa boy would think you hoe a road. ROW...say it again..Row

Ya know, yall cant let it go. I spent most of this thread defending myself. I apologize for disrupting your echo chamber.

Russlescout please tell me you are also MSU! You two/one guys/guy sure continue your very similar positions to no end every time. I enjoy many posts from each of you, so this isn't a slam. You obviously follow the sport closely. I would much rather hear your thoughts on the upcoming NCAA and who you expect to out perform seed than this silly debate. I'm certain I would enjoy talking wrestling with you in person.

Russlescout please tell me you are also MSU! You two/one guys/guy sure continue your very similar positions to no end every time. I enjoy many posts from each of you, so this isn't a slam. You obviously follow the sport closely. I would much rather hear your thoughts on the upcoming NCAA and who you expect to out perform seed than this silly debate. I'm certain I would enjoy talking wrestling with you in person.
Well I have been willing to let this topic die, but cant help but respond when some are taking pot shots at me.

I am not the same guy as MSU. I post under this name and this name alone on here, HR, and themat.com.

Reactions: Fatmarc
That was interesting. Being in the epicenter of the Midwest, I have never really thought about the debates that those on the mythical edges would have or that it was so hotly contested.
The red blip in the middle of PA is Centre County, where State College is located. Penn State has been branding itself as a midwestern school ever since joining B10.

Should also note that Pittsbugh and Erie are very different from Philly in the same state.

Rhode Island and SE Mass in the midwest ... sadly those people likely vote in real polls too.

Well I have been willing to let this topic die, but cant help but respond when some are taking pot shots at me.

I am not the same guy as MSU. I post under this name and this name alone on here, HR, and themat.com.

Soooo....Who do you see as a darkhorse high AA candidate? I'm on record predicting Ian Parker and would love to hear your thoughts on this and a variety of other real wrestling topics. Do you think Nebraska can finish with a trophy? Can Tucker actually win 133 or will it be a BIG guy for certain in your mind. You follow and understand wrestling at a high level and I really would like to hear your thoughts on all of these items.

Soooo....Who do you see as a darkhorse high AA candidate? I'm on record predicting Ian Parker and would love to hear your thoughts on this and a variety of other real wrestling topics. Do you think Nebraska can finish with a trophy? Can Tucker actually win 133 or will it be a BIG guy for certain in your mind. You follow and understand wrestling at a high level and I really would like to hear your thoughts on all of these items.
Not to cop out, but I want to see seeds before talking dark horse candidates. Mostly because I forget about people.

No way Tucker makes it to the finals. He could be a semi guy and beat Desanto, but he won't touch the other 3 Big10 guys.

I think Nebby gets 5th behind Iowa, PSU, tOSU and N'western in that order.

Why N'western? DeAugustino low AA, Davison low AA and I think they get champs at 33 and 57. Thomas and Oster look like guys who will score some points too.

Nebby will have too many guys finish right around the round of 12. AA's 141, 165, 197. A very consistent line-up with little top end scorers.

Not to cop out, but I want to see seeds before talking dark horse candidates. Mostly because I forget about people.

No way Tucker makes it to the finals. He could be a semi guy and beat Desanto, but he won't touch the other 3 Big10 guys.

I think Nebby gets 5th behind Iowa, PSU, tOSU and N'western in that order.

Why N'western? DeAugustino low AA, Davison low AA and I think they get champs at 33 and 57. Thomas and Oster look like guys who will score some points too.

Nebby will have too many guys finish right around the round of 12. AA's 141, 165, 197. A very consistent line-up with little top end scorers.

I pretty much agree. I still think NC State and the Pokes will finish ahead of Northwestern, but some of that is my gut feeling that Hidley will upset Deakin. I also think Picc from OSU beats everyone not named Spencer Lee he runs into.

I pretty much agree. I still think NC State and the Pokes will finish ahead of Northwestern, but some of that is my gut feeling that Hidley will upset Deakin. I also think Picc from OSU beats everyone not named Spencer Lee he runs into.
Seeding at 25 will be:

Lee
Mueller
Glory
Picc

Dont you think?

Speaking of which: a special Shut Up Because Sandusky award goes out to The Rock!

Seriously, @Dwayne_Johnson33 refuting Krispy Kreme on Hawkeye Resistance ... that couldn't possibly go sideways.
Eh, I don't think it went so bad. I don't go looking for trouble, but I generally enjoy engaging with members of opposing tribes. A few ignorant people calling me names doesn't discourage me from having those discussions.

Spooner (on Pat Mineos predictions on Perry, Gilman and the Hawkeye woman being on their way out)

"If Tom, Terry, Perry and Novak are to be believed, Pat was NOT correct."

Reactions: Dogwelder
Spooner (on Pat Mineos predictions on Perry, Gilman and the Hawkeye woman being on their way out)

"If Tom, Terry, Perry and Novak are to be believed, Pat was NOT correct."
And then this...

Spooner- "Add the HWC itself and now at least 3 board members to those refuting his claims. Still siding with him?"

Why yes Spooner....yes I am.

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT