ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

(wonders if I'm still welcome here}...To old for all the bitching,arguing etc . Been sick and here nationals is in my home state and gonna have to miss it..Sure going to be some great matches lots of good head to head matches maybe.
Joseph, Bull, Kem, Hall, RBY and Desanto.

(wonders if I'm still welcome here}...To old for all the bitching,arguing etc . Been sick and here nationals is in my home state and gonna have to miss it..Sure going to be some great matches lots of good head to head matches maybe.

Sorry about the bad luck, Minn -- hope you get well soon and at least have a good viewing experience on TV. Keep on keepin' on, and you're always welcome here in my book.

Sorry about the bad luck, Minn -- hope you get well soon and at least have a good viewing experience on TV. Keep on keepin' on, and you're always welcome here in my book.

Thanks slush back at ya welcome at HR u are also..back about well almost 10 years when Cael started I was a bad dude in a way lol but really he made me mellow out.
Had lots of back and forth with Amalone does he even post any more ???.

Reactions: slushhead
Just from the jerks, real fans are respectful and just love the sport.
Pretty sad I shared to those who weren't aware that this board is a great place to post and talk wrestling and get attacked for it. Lol
Lot of good people on HR too. Jerks on all boards.
a little heads-up, you might not want to end a sentence with a preposition.

you
F*ck off. You're what's wrong with the boards. Only ass I've seen on BWI so far.
Just looked at your posts. Jerk.
Negative sob.
Do you ever have a positive post? You have mass shooter potential.
you scare me when you talk like that. looks like you came here to start some shyte. i was positive we should give desanto the benefit of the doubt. how did that go? just trying to have some fun fella, simple, ignore me.

turns out it was just something on my screen. funny thing, i was being sincere. grammar matters here. seems you are trying to pit psu and iowa fans against each other.

Last edited:
Thanks slush back at ya welcome at HR u are also..back about well almost 10 years when Cael started I was a bad dude in a way lol but really he made me mellow out.
Had lots of back and forth with Amalone does he even post any more ???.

Yeah, well, we're not all perfect. But you've been a character, and a pretty solid dude when it comes right down to it -- good for board material, right?

@amalone is still around. Doesn't
post the long narratives so much (as far as I can tell), but has been contributing pics, vids, social media content, etc.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Yeah, well, we're not all perfect. But you've been a character, and a pretty solid dude when it comes right down to it -- good for board material, right?

@amalone is still around. Doesn't
post the long narratives so much (as far as I can tell), but has been contributing pics, vids, social media content, etc.

Ya I saw he posted the one the other day about all the hardware Penn State has collected since the run started is amazing and all real good darn good wrestlers..U.S.A. should have a good olympic team just hope that does not get canceled because of the flu deal..

Just from the jerks, real fans are respectful and just love the sport.
Pretty sad I shared to those who weren't aware that this board is a great place to post and talk wrestling and get attacked for it. Lol
Lot of good people on HR too. Jerks on all boards.

I think the reason you got attacked on HR was that you were duplicating threads. That’s the way I took it anyway. I don’t mind an enthusiastic Iowa fan so it didn’t bother me any.

This is my first post on the “enemies” board. Looking forward to the postseason...the end of dual season to big tens is always the longest wait. Have fun everyone and good luck...to an extent ; )

Get well. Stinks to have something to keep you out of nationals this far ahead.

Enjoy the wrestling and most important, here's to your health. In the end that's all that matters. We all figure that out eventually! We get our kicks out of the posts sometimes but we do know that guys like you are the ones that truly represent Iowa wrestling fans.

I think the reason you got attacked on HR was that you were duplicating threads. That’s the way I took it anyway. I don’t mind an enthusiastic Iowa fan so it didn’t bother me any.

This is my first post on the “enemies” board. Looking forward to the postseason...the end of dual season to big tens is always the longest wait. Have fun everyone and good luck...to an extent ; )
Welcome to the Dark Side ;)...Seriously, welcome!

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Here's what you should know. Everyone who is respectful is welcome here. The only ones that get banned are those that go off the rails like Vodka. He knows exactly why he was banned but lies about it. Grip was cool here, until he had to go off as well. I actually banned a poster that got pretty stupid. 5 minutes later, I reinstated him because he's a pretty good poster. I don't post at all on HR. I'm done with the crazy running so much of the board. From Vodka to MVP, the nonsense is over the top. It's great entertainment, that's it.

It’s just my opinion but I think it’s rather childish to have a thread devoted to how childish another board is and then to have the moderator of the board participate in the thread. As much as you hate HR and the stupidity that happens there, do you really need to bring the nonsense here?
Since posting here, I have realized that there is more discussion of Iowa and HR than anything else. I can barely say anything without someone trying to turn it into a Pi$$ing match about Iowa vs PSU. A bit of projection going on here, not by all, but certainly enough to pervade most threads.

Since posting here, I have realized that there is more discussion of Iowa and HR than anything else. I can barely say anything without someone trying to turn it into a Pi$$ing match about Iowa vs PSU. A bit of projection going on here, not by all, but certainly enough to pervade most threads.
Scout, you're a fairly reasonable guy and your posts are almost always on point. However, you're overstating the facts a little bit in this regard. There is certainly plenty of mention of HR peppered throughout different threads. And of course there is this one that basically is a lampooning of HR posts that are over the top. But the bulk of discussion here is about wrestling, and Penn State wrestling in particular.
More important, when we are "taking shots" at HR and Hawkeye Nation, you don't see references like f*^keyes. You don't see anyone accusing Iowa of cheating.About the most I've seen here is the numerous posts on the RBY vs. AD match and the extent of AD's injury. But that was discussed in depth by every major wrestling media outlet. We had posters here accusing AD of quitting and Ben Askren accused AD of quitting. Of course you would see more of that here. But in the end, we poke fun at nonsensical posters on HR, not the University, its fans, its wrestlers, the wrestler's families, and coaches. Well, we do make fun of the coaches from time to time ;). But we don't call them cheaters!
The two forums have significant differences, as do the universities.

Scout, you're a fairly reasonable guy and your posts are almost always on point. However, you're overstating the facts a little bit in this regard. There is certainly plenty of mention of HR peppered throughout different threads. And of course there is this one that basically is a lampooning of HR posts that are over the top. But the bulk of discussion here is about wrestling, and Penn State wrestling in particular.
More important, when we are "taking shots" at HR and Hawkeye Nation, you don't see references like f*^keyes. You don't see anyone accusing Iowa of cheating.About the most I've seen here is the numerous posts on the RBY vs. AD match and the extent of AD's injury. But that was discussed in depth by every major wrestling media outlet. We had posters here accusing AD of quitting and Ben Askren accused AD of quitting. Of course you would see more of that here. But in the end, we poke fun at nonsensical posters on HR, not the University, its fans, its wrestlers, the wrestler's families, and coaches. Well, we do make fun of the coaches from time to time ;). But we don't call them cheaters!
The two forums have significant differences, as do the universities.
I don't know if I am overstating it though. First, I made sure to say not all posters here. Second, I feel like I am always seeing a post that says, "I bet HR is saying that Cael is (insert ridiculous accusations) again". Then several posters jump in and act like that is the case even though its really not. Some take a lot of enjoyment by making Cael a victim of HR criticism all the time.

I'm not saying that HR doesn't have its nuts. Some so call PSU cheaters all the time. It gets old. However, this thread is a prime example of BWI trying to pretend they are above all the childish behavior. Except this is also kind of childish.

Last edited:
I don't know if I am completely overstating it though. First, I made sure to say not all posters here. Second, I feel like I am always seeing a post that says, "I bet HR is saying that Cael is (insert ridiculous accusations) again". Then several posters jump in and act like that is the case even though its really not. There is enjoyment had by some who want to make Cael a victim of HR criticism all the time.

I'm not saying that HR doesn't have its nuts. Some most certainly are willing to call PSU cheaters too. It gets old. However, this thread is a prime example of BWI trying to pretend they are above all the childish behavior. Except this is also kind of childish.
F*** off you pedophile.

Curious russel. How often do you see other teams fans that visit here be treated like I just treated you? You don't. You wanna know why? Not only would the mods put a stop to it but pretty much everyone here would call me out and ask me leave. You wanna know how often its done over there? Pretty much every day. You wanna know what your mods do about it? The answer is nothing. One last question.... do you know how often I see your so called "good fans" stepping in and saying something about the idiots saying it over there? Answer is pretty much never.

The two sites are like night and day. Its just the truth. If childish behavior bothers you why don't you try to curb it over there before doing it here? You won't because you dont want to be treated like your mod was treated when he called your group a bunch of thin skinned pansies...

I don't know if I am overstating it though. First, I made sure to say not all posters here. Second, I feel like I am always seeing a post that says, "I bet HR is saying that Cael is (insert ridiculous accusations) again". Then several posters jump in and act like that is the case even though its really not. Some take a lot of enjoyment by making Cael a victim of HR criticism all the time.

I'm not saying that HR doesn't have its nuts. Some so call PSU cheaters all the time. It gets old. However, this thread is a prime example of BWI trying to pretend they are above all the childish behavior. Except this is also kind of childish.

Scout, below are the 23 most recent threads on this forum. You tell me which ones even mention HR let alone "pervade most threads". Obviously the first one is all about HR. Is it childish? Sure. But it is a lampooning using "quotes from HR posts". It's mostly light-hearted stuff, not making mean-spirited accusations. Besides that, probably the only thread that has mention of HR is "Starting a new streak" because it has 5,114 replies. But one shouldn't have to conduct and excavation when it "pervades most threads". So you overreached. That's all. You don't see that stuff here because Penn State fans in general don't dig it and won't tolerate it. We don't needs Mods for that.
The fact is that universities with fan bases that are not made up of a high percentage of alumni view things differently. That is undeniable. The college experience changes us forever. It is obvious with tOSU, Notre Dame, and Rutgers as examples. They have huge fan bases made up of non-alumni. It makes them different. I'm not saying better or worse either. Just different.

Oh well. It wouldn't let me post the threads. I guess you can look them up as well as anyone else.

F*** off you pedophile.

Curious russel. How often do you see other teams fans that visit here be treated like I just treated you? You don't. You wanna know why? Not only would the mods put a stop to it but pretty much everyone here would call me out and ask me leave. You wanna know how often its done over there? Pretty much every day. You wanna know what your mods do about it? The answer is nothing. One last question.... do you know how often I see your so called "good fans" stepping in and saying something about the idiots saying it over there? Answer is pretty much never.

The two sites are like night and day. Its just the truth. If childish behavior bothers you why don't you try to curb it over there before doing it here? You won't because you dont want to be treated like your mod was treated when he called your group a bunch of thin skinned pansies...
I think the "good fans" are pretty used to just ignoring it over there. Just like they are at annoying PSU trolls, which is a major problem on that site. I feel like they are much more aggressive on HR than the Iowa fans on BWI. It creates a much more toxic environment as a whole.

My point is not that HR is completely innocent. Far from it really. I just don't understand how you can claim to be taking the high road when you are constantly focussed on them and ripping on them.

Let me make this clear though, I don't frequent either of these boards as much as I do themat, so some examples you bring up I don't know about.

Scout, below are the 23 most recent threads on this forum. You tell me which ones even mention HR let alone "pervade most threads". Obviously the first one is all about HR. Is it childish? Sure. But it is a lampooning using "quotes from HR posts". It's mostly light-hearted stuff, not making mean-spirited accusations. Besides that, probably the only thread that has mention of HR is "Starting a new streak" because it has 5,114 replies. But one shouldn't have to conduct and excavation when it "pervades most threads". So you overreached. That's all. You don't see that stuff here because Penn State fans in general don't dig it and won't tolerate it. We don't needs Mods for that.
The fact is that universities with fan bases that are not made up of a high percentage of alumni view things differently. That is undeniable. The college experience changes us forever. It is obvious with tOSU, Notre Dame, and Rutgers as examples. They have huge fan bases made up of non-alumni. It makes them different. I'm not saying better or worse either. Just different.

Oh well. It wouldn't let me post the threads. I guess you can look them up as well as anyone else.
Its possible that I am a little more sensitive to posts that call out Iowa, thereby making me overstate the issue. I do believe there is a bit of hypocrisy here at times with what I have been saying.

I am not really sure what to take from the difference in fan base. I did not go to Iowa. My sister did, but I went to a smaller college where I could wrestle and still get a good education. I fail to see consistent character traits amongst alumni or non alumni to be able to take anything away from it.

Its possible that I am a little more sensitive to posts that call out Iowa, thereby making me overstate the issue. I do believe there is a bit of hypocrisy here at times with what I have been saying.

I am not really sure what to take from the difference in fan base. I did not go to Iowa. My sister did, but I went to a smaller college where I could wrestle and still get a good education. I fail to see consistent character traits amongst alumni or non alumni to be able to take anything away from it.
It's simply that fans that did not attend the University of the teams they follow, look at the teams as fans do professional franchises. They don't care what goes on at the university or most of its other teams.
We are called bandwagon jumpers simply because of recent success. Sure, success brings new fans in any situation. But the PSU fans were fans of the football team, hockey, team women's basketball team, lacrosse team, and more. Plus, Penn State fans take great pride in THON, which last week raised over 11 million dollars to benefit pediatric cancer. We relate to all things Penn State, good and bad. And when the proverbial you know what hit the fan, we didn't run for the hills. We circled the wagons, did a self examination, and worked to make Penn State a better place for all.
So when Penn State wrestling fails to win a national championship (in 2021 maybe), it won't be the end of the world. Because we have so much to be proud of.That's what WE ARE! is. It encompasses everything Penn State.

It's simply that fans that did not attend the University of the teams they follow, look at the teams as fans do professional franchises. They don't care what goes on at the university or most of its other teams.
We are called bandwagon jumpers simply because of recent success. Sure, success brings new fans in any situation. But the PSU fans were fans of the football team, hockey, team women's basketball team, lacrosse team, and more. Plus, Penn State fans take great pride in THON, which last week raised over 11 million dollars to benefit pediatric cancer. We relate to all things Penn State, good and bad. And when the proverbial you know what hit the fan, we didn't run for the hills. We circled the wagons, did a self examination, and worked to make Penn State a better place for all.
So when Penn State wrestling fails to win a national championship (in 2021 maybe), it won't be the end of the world. Because we have so much to be proud of.That's what WE ARE! is. It encompasses everything Penn State.
I don't see how those things can't be true as a non-alumni. I have been an Iowa fan since birth. I have many friends and family members that went there. I grew up watching wrestling, football, basketball, anything with my father as a little kid. Just because I chose to go to a different school does not mean I can't contribute or take pride in the college.

I don't see how those things can't be true as a non-alumni. I have been an Iowa fan since birth. I have many friends and family members that went there. I grew up watching wrestling, football, basketball, anything with my father as a little kid. Just because I chose to go to a different school does not mean I can't contribute or take pride in the college.
I applaud the fact that you do. But most don’t. And because of it, I’d be willing to bet you conduct yourself differently than those that don’t identify in the same way.

Agree. My fandom for PSU runs in line with yours for your Hawkeyes. Probably for different reasons though. While I was raised in a household that bled Blue and White, I never really applied myself enough in school to ever be accepted there. I had no choice but to find a different college to attend. Lol

Dang Minnhawkeye- I hope you get feeling better. I was hoping you would have great seats to enjoy the tournament with it happening so close to home. You guys have one heck of a team to watch this year!

you

you scare me when you talk like that. looks like you came here to start some shyte. i was positive we should give desanto the benefit of the doubt. how did that go? just trying to have some fun fella, simple, ignore me.

turns out it was just something on my screen. funny thing, i was being sincere. grammar matters here. seems you are trying to pit psu and iowa fans against each other.
I apologize for the language in my earlier post.
I'm not a big fan of calling people out for grammar or typos on message boards.
Since you brought it up though, does capitalization matter?

Last edited:
I tried posting on HR a few times and I do mean a few. I was called a dbag for calling out a poster who accused joseph of ducking. I may have also said their forum was a joke. My opinion hasn’t changed. I’m glad to see a few hawk fans on this board who genuinely want to have civil discussions about wrestling. Welcome.

Dang Minnhawkeye- I hope you get feeling better. I was hoping you would have great seats to enjoy the tournament with it happening so close to home. You guys have one heck of a team to watch this year!

Thanks James P. appreciate it..Well Hawks have looked great but now it is March and new season just hope they can keep rolling anything can happen..
Also, no way they gonna win the way some people say I sweat your team all the time it will be close just like the dual was .

My point is not that HR is completely innocent. Far from it really. I just don't understand how you can claim to be taking the high road when you are constantly focussed on them and ripping on them.
Several posters here have done a very good job of explaining exactly what the difference is between the two boards and you don’t dispute the examples they provide, but still you insist that the two boards are basically the same. Like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but .........

Several posters here have done a very good job of explaining exactly what the difference is between the two boards and you don’t dispute the examples they provide, but still you insist that the two boards are basically the same. Like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but .........
Young Scout is coming around. We just all need a little time to back off our initial positions. It would happen in 30 seconds in a conversation over a beer. He’s a good kid (sorry, I’m 56), he deserves our respect in return.

I tried posting on HR a few times and I do mean a few. I was called a dbag for calling out a poster who accused joseph of ducking. I may have also said their forum was a joke. My opinion hasn’t changed. I’m glad to see a few hawk fans on this board who genuinely want to have civil discussions about wrestling. Welcome.
I got banned because I asked them if something was in the corn that was making them so delusional. Guess it wasn't received in jest like I intended it or......they are really touchy about their corn lmfao

I apologize for the language in my earlier post.
I'm not a big fan of calling people out for grammar or typos on message boards.
Since you brought it up though, does capitalization matter?
it only matters to me if it effects the context of the sentence.

I tried HR once, it wasn’t for me. However, I can say unequivocally that this forum is far superior. Especially when you account the for the fact that we’ve only had wrestling for 10 years.

Nah, I don't think they are the same. However, there are commonalities. HR complains about Cael. BWI complains about HR.

I tried HR once, it wasn’t for me. However, I can say unequivocally that this forum is far superior. Especially when you account the for the fact that we’ve only had wrestling for 10 years.
It depends what time of year. I don't like HR as much during the season. I think everyone is TOO focussed on Iowa. You will get a more varied discussion here. I feel like there is more discussion in general on HR in the offseason.

Nah, I don't think they are the same. However, there are commonalities. HR attacks Cael and PSU wrestlers BWI complains about HR.

It depends what time of year. I don't like HR as much during the season. I think everyone is TOO focussed on Iowa. You will get a more varied discussion here. I feel like there is more discussion in general on HR in the offseason.

I fixed this for you.

Nah, I don't think they are the same. However, there are commonalities. HR complains about Cael. BWI complains about HR.

Iceland, smoking meat, beer of all styles and Scarlett Johansson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT