ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

I took the Spencer vs Jesus thread as a tongue-in-cheek response to all the “generational” accolades being thrown Spencer’s way in recent days in other HR threads.

Spencer Lee is great. I wish we had him. But if a guy that is 2 for 4 at his conference championship tournament and that was pinned by a guy that’s never made an NCAA final is “generational”, then I’m not sure I know the meaning of the word.

I thought “generational” meant once in a generation. In Iowa, it apparently means being one of the two or three best in college in any one given year.
Once in a generation I would think in wrestling would be more like one in a 3, 4 or 5 year cycle.
Uetake
Dan Gable
Wade Schalles
Lee Kemp
Ed Banach
Pat Smith
Tom Brands

Cael The once in a century stands alone

Kyle Dale
Louie Bear.

Spencer and Yanni may end up on this list, but we shall see.

Everybody I am certain can come up with a different list of just as deserving once in a generation types.

Reactions: mcpat
I tried to stop them….
You’re the voice of reason - like the Walter Cronkite of wrestling message boards.

“For it seems now more certain than ever, that the bloody experience of Penn State fans on Hawkeye Report is to end in a stalemate. To say that we are closer to victory today is to believe in the face of the evidence, the optimists who have been wrong in the past.

To say that we are mired in stalemate seems the only realistic, if unsatisfactory conclusion. On the off chance that @smalls103 and @CSauertiegPSU are right, in the next few months we must test the enemy's intentions, in case this is Ironbird and Grip220’s last big gasp before negotiations.

But it is increasingly clear to this son of the tragic river town of Johnstown that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors, but as honorable posters who lived up to their pledge to defend Cael and his all-conquering program against those who shall slander and defame it, and did the best they could.”

Last edited:
Real question, who is this ironbird? Is he an actual Iowa alum? Was he a actual wrestler for the gawks? Does he have dementia or just drunk/high all the time? Is he married and his wife is in hiding from abuse? Are Iowa moderators so afriad of him they allow his BS?
Ironbird popped up over there about the same time that Spyker disappeared from here. Just sayin ;-)

Reactions: NCHawk55
Real question, who is this ironbird? Is he an actual Iowa alum? Was he a actual wrestler for the gawks? Does he have dementia or just drunk/high all the time? Is he married and his wife is in hiding from abuse? Are Iowa moderators so afriad of him they allow his BS?
R U gathering intel before challenging him to a wrestleoff?

We really need to get Ironbird and Bushwood together somehow.
giphy.gif

The comment that pushed him over the edge a) wasn't remotely related or directed at him, b) was not trolling, c) was to a reasonable Hawkeye poster, @Nashville_Hawkeye, and d) was a reasonable opinion. Despite all that, now I gotta wrestle the guy.

Nashville chose to use Meyer v. Hall as his David v. Goliath example for Murin v. Yianni. I simply asked if he couldn't come up with a better example, considering all of the circumstances with Hall in that match. True freshman, Carver, first match out of redshirt.

And, that is what led to a 54 year old and a 68 year old having a wrestling match. Sheesh.
Sorry my friend. Hate that I was a part of this puzzle. LOL! That said, I think you can take him. :)

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
Has anybody seen footage of a different camera angle or in slow motion?
Several on Youtube

Eric Bishoff and Jeff Jarrett do a great joint Podcast on it also.
Clearly a ruse, but its kinda too late to walk it back now I spose. The fact of the matter is you just cant get away with that stunt anymore, this aint the WWE we live in.

Reactions: Ski and PD4thespawn
I wish NChawk could see this stuff.. I know he'd like it.
I can picture him now angrily gumming his lumpy cream of wheat and chocking down his cold Sanka.
I just wish we'd know he's ok, if he could just like something we'd know for sure.

Any chance Slush wants to create a story? I have an idea for one.
think wrestling and bridges.

I wish I could make it to 5:00AM to pee.
But I'm up at 4:30 every day!
4:15 for me. I've been trying to hit the gym before work this month. It takes some getting used to but I like it. Less people there that early and I don't talk myself out of going after a long day of work.

Plus there is a women's yoga class 3 times a week at 5 am. Yeah I know I'm married but I'm allowed to sneek a peek! 😁 Much better than looking at a naked uncle in a basement like JTS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT