ADVERTISEMENT

As Penn State fans, are we happy with the first day?

A team can't win a tournament on Thursday, but they can definitely lose it on Thursday.

Friday is the day where the cream rises to the top.

Friday is the day where a team will pull ahead w/ all the monster placement points awarded.

Dean gave me a heartattack in the 2nd round, but he survived.

PSU is in great shape. People whining on the board today are clueless at what they are watching.

Good first day! The likelihood of Hilde and Berge making it past the 2nd round on the topside was pretty low to begin with (however, with hindsight, maybe they had a better shot than I would have given them!). But both won their first round consolation bouts and Berge came up with a big bonus, so it all came out as a wash anyway!

All in all, lots of bonus, everyone is still alive, and we are favored in all 6 QF matches tomorrow. Oh, and we're in first. Good place to be after day 1!

A team can't win a tournament on Thursday, but they can definitely lose it on Thursday.

Friday is the day where a team will pull ahead w/ all the monster placement points awarded.

PSU is in great shape. People whining on the board today are clueless at what they are watching.
Thanks, Digger

OL

Reactions: diggerpup
I like where we are.

Left a few bonus points on the mat but that's life.

Iowa s has problems. ScUM is about to have problems. ASU is a nice story but won't really threaten.
And as a Pens fan I would be remiss if I didn't post this:

tenor.gif

Yep, it’s Moving Day. On paper, we look to be in good shape to score big in the Quarters, maybe even tack on some bonus points that wouldn’t have been predicted if things had otherwise gone chalk yesterday. As long as everyone is feeling good and has his head on straight this morning, today could be big enough to provide some breathing room tomorrow.

Keep and eye on Korbin Myers and Hunter Willits to lend a helping hand. We’d also like McGee and Marinelli to do their jobs this morning.

I’m quite happy after day one. I like our Quarterfinals matchups a lot. Michigan is wrestling well though and we need to keep up the pressure. Dean pulling out that win yesterday was HUGE. If it had gone the other way, then I’d have some more anxiety.

I WILL NEVER BE HAPPY UNTIL WE HAVE 10 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. says spyker

I'm definitely happy with the way it went. Early on in the opening round was a little disconcerting, but the heavies righted the ship and the late session yesterday couldn't have gone any better (unless Beau pulled off a stunning upset, but that was always unlikely). So, yeah, it wasn't a perfect day, but it was good, certainly good enough to keep PSU as the big favorite.

I'm happy with the results. While somewhat frustrated with Berge in particular. He is great when he wrestles more open.

I can't help but think something is physically wrong with Drew. He just doesn't look like himself. Was hoping he would see the podium for his last go, but I just don't see it.

I hope we see the same kind of aggression from Beau that he showed in his match against Sasso. He has an excellent shot at the podium if he does. Another frustrating guy to watch at times. Why does Beau wrestle like that against Sasso but seems so passive against others.

The big guns left a couple points out there. But survive and advance is the ultimate goal. I'll be thrilled if we get 5 into the finals. Which is a real possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT