As if NJ doesn't already have enough problems....

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
Just like a communist state, not only limiting what you can do but encouraging snitches. East German Stasi and Soviet KGB come to mind as similar. Not only fines but maybe even jail time for violators should be put in place. Let the stupid leftists reap in spades what they have sown in electing authoritarian Democrat politicians.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
NJ is turning into East Berlin. I can see a certain poster falling directly in step with the Stasi.
New Jersey is great. We now have legal weed and sports gambling. (And we have servants to pump our gas)

Reactions: Ezcheez

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
So.......in the progressive mindset......you can riot, loot, commit arson as long as you are wearing a BLM t shirt. ........You can teach kindergarten kids about gay sex or that they are not really boys or girls but can pick any gender they want....... Or foreigners can enter our country no matter if they are gang members, drug smugglers, sex traffickers or carrying the Wuhan virus.....kill any unborn baby you don’t want.....BUT DON’T YOU DARE USE ANY DAMN PLASTIC BAGS YOU SELFISH UNCARING SCUMBAG!

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
So.......in the progressive mindset......you can riot, loot, commit arson as long as you are wearing a BLM t shirt. ........You can teach kindergarten kids about gay sex or that they are not really boys or girls but can pick any gender they want....... Or foreigners can enter our country no matter if they are gang members, drug smugglers, sex traffickers or carrying the Wuhan virus.....kill any unborn baby you don’t want.....BUT DON’T YOU DARE USE ANY DAMN PLASTIC BAGS YOU SELFISH UNCARING SCUMBAG!

BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA.... Well said...... Priorities my friend. Priorities. Imagine the smug self satisfaction of a liberal like NJ walking out of a grocery store with paper bags. He'd be smiling. Self congratulating himself.......

MarkPSU

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So naming a rest stop after a musician makes NJ great? In all seriousness, outside of areas like Trenton and Newark (which most states have) I hear NJ has some beautiful country. Aside from the high taxes and politics I'm sure it's a lovely place.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
So naming a rest stop after a musician makes NJ great? In all seriousness, outside of areas like Trenton and Newark (which most states have) I hear NJ has some beautiful country. Aside from the high taxes and politics I'm sure it's a lovely place.
It is indeed. So many of the Philly pro athletes choose to live in South Jersey. We even had an Eagle living in my neighborhood.

tIUguy2

May 25, 2016
BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA.... Well said...... Priorities my friend. Priorities. Imagine the smug self satisfaction of a liberal like NJ walking out of a grocery store with paper bags. He'd be smiling. Self congratulating himself.......
Wait...paper bags KILL TREES! Trees help mitigate global warming by using CO2. NEW JERSEY LOVES GLOBAL WARMING!

Reactions: bison13

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001

Notice how Murphy got this to come into effect after the election? He passed it back in 2021.

Reactions: m.knox

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001
Oh, and he also bowed to the association because they were going to allow paper bags because they're biodegradable, but the association didn't want that because they're more expensive. So they agreed to not fight the ban if it was both paper and plastic.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Wait...paper bags KILL TREES! Trees help mitigate global warming by using CO2. NEW JERSEY LOVES GLOBAL WARMING!

Seriously, that is the issue with these self congratulatory liberals. Everything comes from somewhere and resources are consumed regardless. Just like this EV stuff. It's still a car. Has rubber tires. A metal body. Nice paint job. Has a synthetic interior. And alas, the energy used to make the car go from point A to point B comes from man made resources no matter how you slice it. But the left really like to congratulate themselves for doing something......

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
Seriously, that is the issue with these self congratulatory liberals. Everything comes from somewhere and resources are consumed regardless. Just like this EV stuff. It's still a car. Has rubber tires. A metal body. Nice paint job. Has a synthetic interior. And alas, the energy used to make the car go from point A to point B comes from man made resources no matter how you slice it. But the left really like to congratulate themselves for doing something......

Libs believe plastic comes from solar energy.

Reactions: m.knox

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
...paper bags KILL TREES! Trees help mitigate global warming by using CO2. NEW JERSEY LOVES GLOBAL WARMING!
We won’t use disposable bags whether paper or plastic.
R.f782a5a824e25b741dacc2e100a5fb67

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Lets not forget paper bags cost a lot more the paper ones.

500 paper grocery bags--35.00

1000 plastic grocery bags--26.00

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Lets not forget paper bags cost a lot more the paper ones.

500 paper grocery bags--35.00

1000 plastic grocery bags--26.00
There are no paper bags. People will use reusable bags made from recycled material.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Yep. I used these for the first time this week and it’s actually more convenient as they hold more groceries and won’t tear.
Win-win.

They do tear.... Trust me. And they get very dirty, so unless you are washing them, there is likely a microorganism party going on inside.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Plastic bag ban rule-breakers can face daily fines. Here’s how to report them.​

This is really a product of the fact that littering laws arent enforced anymore.

Pretty common to see a guy launch his entire Popeyes bag with all the wrappers from his car on the Turnpike off ramp.

In NYC the river is so full of trash now it could catch fire.

Instead of making it easier to put trash in the right place, NYC launched these ridiculous electronic garbage cans which take someone stronger than NJ PSU to open.

LdN

LdN

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
This is really a product of the fact that littering laws arent enforced anymore.

Pretty common to see a guy launch his entire Popeyes bag with all the wrappers from his car on the Turnpike off ramp.

In NYC the river is so full of trash now it could catch fire.

Instead of making it easier to put trash in the right place, NYC launched these ridiculous electronic garbage cans which take someone stronger than NJ PSU to open.

LdN

LdN
Littering should be a capital crime. Spent decades cleaning up the highway in front of my property. Have even chased down litterbugs when I saw them.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Littering should be a capital crime. Spent decades cleaning up the highway in front of my property. Have even chased down litterbugs when I saw them.

When I originally moved to NYC and saw people just throw their mcdonalds trash on the ground as they walked I was kind of shocked.

A trash can was just a few feet away generally.

But since then i have gotten used to it.

And, unfortunately with all the immigration it has gotten worse.

LdN

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Some of the best graffiti in the country.
Third highest income in the Country.

3. New Jersey

Median household income:
$85,751
U.S. News’ analysis found that Somerset, Hunterdon and Morris counties in New Jersey ranked 15th, 13th and 12th wealthiest per capita in the U.S., respectively. The lowest-ranking of the three – Somerset County – had a median household income greater than $113,000, according to 2015-2019 Census dat

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
Third highest income in the Country.

3. New Jersey

Median household income:
$85,751
U.S. News’ analysis found that Somerset, Hunterdon and Morris counties in New Jersey ranked 15th, 13th and 12th wealthiest per capita in the U.S., respectively. The lowest-ranking of the three – Somerset County – had a median household income greater than $113,000, according to 2015-2019 Census dat

That's because of New Yorker's who are seeking cheaper housing. Not because of chumps like you.

After taxes, the average NJ resident can't afford to pay rent in NYC. The median rent for a two-bedroom apartment is $6,191 in New York City.