ADVERTISEMENT

Articles for Tuesday

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Box Elder High School in Brigham City, Ut has had some solid guys over the years. Bridger might be a pretty fair fill in at 125 or 133 at some point. You never know with 106 lb Freshmen.

Box Elder High School in Brigham City, Ut has had some solid guys over the years. Bridger might be a pretty fair fill in at 125 or 133 at some point. You never know with 106 lb Freshmen.

Was surprised to hear on the Nebraska vs Illinois dual broadcast the other day that Taylor Venz (Neb) wrestled at 106 as a HS freshman. Amazing to go from that to wrestling at 184 as a college freshman. Made me wonder about other notable growth spurts in college wrestlers.

Was surprised to hear on the Nebraska vs Illinois dual broadcast the other day that Taylor Venz (Neb) wrestled at 106 as a HS freshman. Amazing to go from that to wrestling at 184 as a college freshman. Made me wonder about other notable growth spurts in college wrestlers.
Cenzo was also a 106-lb HS freshman, and now he's a 250-lb college junior.

Zahid hit a pretty big spurt.

Another big recent one -- Riley Palmer from Council Rock South. IIRC his FR or SO year he was undefeated, nationally ranked, and #1 PA AAA at 106, but didn't make weight at sectionals and missed the entire postseason. The next year he wrestled 138 or 145.

Reactions: diggerpup
Cenzo was also a 106-lb HS freshman, and now he's a 250-lb college junior.

Zahid hit a pretty big spurt.

Another big recent one -- Riley Palmer from Council Rock South. IIRC his FR or SO year he was undefeated, nationally ranked, and #1 PA AAA at 106, but didn't make weight at sectionals and missed the entire postseason. The next year he wrestled 138 or 145.

Kemerer wrestled 106 as a HS freshman and is now a 174 lbser

DT wrestled 103 as a HS frosh and is now a World Champ at 189.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT