ADVERTISEMENT

Articles for Thursday

Dresser is turning things around quickly at Iowa State. That's great to see. I still scratch my head about Jackson's tenure there. He took over a team that finished 3rd his first year, lost only two guys that would have been in the 2009-10 recruiting class and managed to drive the program into the ground in pretty short order. A real puzzler.

Dresser is turning things around quickly at Iowa State. That's great to see. I still scratch my head about Jackson's tenure there. He took over a team that finished 3rd his first year, lost only two guys that would have been in the 2009-10 recruiting class and managed to drive the program into the ground in pretty short order. A real puzzler.

He's just not a good head coach. His recruiting sucked (freestyle guys with no folk capabilities) and development of those was even worse.

I know it’s just students, but kind of a harsh take on Schnupp in the Collegian there. I for one would be happy if they keep Teske’s shirt on, and send him out next year.
#Schnupp2019

I agree. If that's going to be Ben Jenkin's hot take, then he needs to argue it a lot better and address (or even mention) the reasons why this hasn't already happened.

In other words, Ben Jenkins might want to be careful taking shots at other people's lackluster, mediocre performances.

I know it’s just students, but kind of a harsh take on Schnupp in the Collegian there. I for one would be happy if they keep Teske’s shirt on, and send him out next year.
#Schnupp2019

Exactly, it’s utterly ridiculous to believe Teske scores at NCAAs this year anyways, did the writer see his loss at the Scuffle? I’d have to believe Schnupp is giving it to Teske , Schnupp gets better every match IMO

I dunno. After losing 2 top recruits to transfer at 125, rumor has it Sandy is seriously considering making a change at HC, and this Jenkins kid is an early front runner. :rolleyes:

Well, there is a simple solution (and maybe this can be the topic of Jenkins' next editorial):

Cael should just stop recruiting 125 lbers that later transfer.

Reactions: PSU-Knocker
Most Collegian writers are bad-to-awful.

That’s why they’re in school. Lol.
To improve.

Reactions: nitlion6
Exactly, it’s utterly ridiculous to believe Teske scores at NCAAs this year anyways, did the writer see his loss at the Scuffle? I’d have to believe Schnupp is giving it to Teske , Schnupp gets better every match IMO
And from my cheap seats, Brody could benefit from another year of growth and mature muscle. I see no hurry, and frankly.....anyone who says Schnupp isn't improving has zero credibility. He has, and it shows in more than his record. In fact, he too could stand a little more mature muscle. His technique is improving and more often than not, his strength lets him down.

I see no need for a change.

Reactions: jschrantz
I agree. If that's going to be Ben Jenkin's hot take, then he needs to argue it a lot better and address (or even mention) the reasons why this hasn't already happened.

In other words, Ben Jenkins might want to be careful taking shots at other people's lackluster, mediocre performances.

I don't know if it's Ben Jenkins who provides the picture captions, but I'm curious how he or someone on the Collegian staff knows that Cael "sits in disbelief ." I'm not sure Cael's expression ever changes.

I don't know if it's Ben Jenkins who provides the picture captions, but I'm curious how he or someone on the Collegian staff knows that Cael "sits in disbelief ." I'm not sure Cael's expression ever changes.

IDK. I saw a wry smile on his face at the Scuffle when RBY got caught by Gomez and I've seen a couple of very enthusiastic celebrations from him. :)

Agree with the sentiment of your post, but would be shocked to learn Schnupp is beating Teske. I think people are focusing too much on Teske's awful loss at the Scuffle and not enough on his wins. He beat a two-time NCAA qualifier who had two wins at nationals last year. Schnupp has never come close to beating anyone of that caliber.

It's certainly not hard to root for Schnupp, he gives it all he has every time out and I'm hoping he can have a big Rec Hall moment at some point. He deserves it.

IDK. I saw a wry smile on his face at the Scuffle when RBY got caught by Gomez and I've seen a couple of very enthusiastic celebrations from him. :)

Oh, I agree that we've seen some celebrations at Nationals. I was there when he picked up Q after Q pinned Gambrall. And, of course, there have been others. I guess the point I'm trying to make is how can the Collegian know that Cael is sitting in disbelief.

Oh, I agree that we've seen some celebrations at Nationals. I was there when he picked up Q after Q pinned Gambrall. And, of course, there have been others. I guess the point I'm trying to make is how can the Collegian know that Cael is sitting in disbelief.

I understand. Cael is very level in the corner (almost always). I was trying to underscore your point.

I hope Devin invites him to do a one hour training session with him, my guess after that he would be Ben....tover, probably puking his guts out, maybe he would learn to stfu, and leave the coaching to Cael.

edit: of course that's just my opinion ;)

The lone reply to the Collegian article:

Celonia US
It's always difficult to be certain in regards to lineup decisions, but history and this article can leave us positive of of three things...

1). Cael Sanderson knows everything about NCAA wrestling.
2). Devin Schnupp knows something about NCAA wrestling.
3.) Ben Jenkins knows nothing about NCAA wrestling.

@NYWRESTLER94 -- have you seen Vespa wrestle multiple times? If so, how does his cradle compare to Shak's cradle in high school?
He actually wrestled my younger brother at the state tournament a couple of years ago but I haven’t seen him wrestle in a while but from what I’ve seen he’s a tough out. Cradles solid but not as lethal as Shakurs. He practically walked through the postseason with his cradle in HS as a junior and senior with the exception of his semifinals match his senior year.

#Schnupp2019

Schnupp NQ 2019!

He's got it in him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT