ADVERTISEMENT

Army West Point Invite Thread

Answer the phone!!!!!

(Inside joke for those watching on flo)

One more edit on this stupid post. Turns out it was my daughter's friends phone. I simply didn't recognize the ring. I assumed it was the flo broadcast.

Mark Hall dominates for the win! Please continue with your regularly scheduled program.

Last edited:
Great job to RBY, Lee, Verk and Hall taking home titles!

Nice 3rds for Teske and Kraisseg and a solid tourney from Gardner.

Interested to see if Cael pulls Beards shirt next week. I don’t know if it’s injuries, gas tank, whatever but Conel doesn’t have it and IMO it’s Beards time to shine

I saw Michael teched the same kid Conel lost to today within 2 minutes (16-0 within 2:06) last year at the Edinboro open so I understand the noise for Beard getting his redshirt pulled. Kyle has a few months to get healthy and look like an AA instead of a fringe qualifier.

I'm at the point (and I think 95% of PSU fans are as well) where I'll just say what ever Cael chooses to do with 197, he is making the right decision.

Keep in mind he probably wants Michael aligned with Middle Lee, Carter Sriracha, AB and Big Snacks. (Sorry I had to use nicknames and I made up Joe Lee's) It's possible Cael is confident even without much points from 197, who knows? (I'm certainly not but I am not Cael Sanderson)

I saw Michael teched the same kid Conel lost to today within 2 minutes (16-0 within 2:06) last year at the Edinboro open so I understand the noise for Beard getting his redshirt pulled. Kyle has a few months to get healthy and look like an AA instead of a fringe qualifier.

I'm at the point (and I think 95% of PSU fans are as well) where I'll just say what ever Cael chooses to do with 197, he is making the right decision.

Keep in mind he probably wants Michael aligned with Middle Lee, Carter Sriracha, AB and Big Snacks. (Sorry I had to use nicknames and I made up Joe Lee's) It's possible Cael is confident even without much points from 197, who knows? (I'm certainly not but I am not Cael Sanderson)
You share being undefeated in college wrestling with Cael

Cael spoke to Byers after match, conel was a precautionary move to forfeit, Bergy is in the room doing stuff, shack is also in the room doing stuff, Anthony is all right , and is working out. I think Cael might be sand bagging on bergy meaning he may go friday and shack is not wrestling vs ASU.

125 results:

Teske - 3rd
Chauvin, Army - F 6:10
Cray, MD starter - dec 8-3
Hildebrandt, CMU starter - L 0-6
Chauvin, Army - MFF
Medley, Michigan starter - 5-4

Meredith - 5th
Hildebrandt - L 0-8
Gannone, Bloomsburg - MD 12-4
Schnupp, PSU - dec 4-2
Medley, Mich - L 2-7
Chauvin, Army - TF 22-7

Schnupp - DNP
Chalifoux, Army starter - L 1-3
Cray - dec 5-3
Meredith - L 2-4

197 results:

Hoopes - 6th:
Capello, MD starter - L 2-3
Conel, PSU - MFF
Murphy, Bloom - dec 3-2
Pelham, CMU starter - L 4-10
Bolo, CMU - L 2-3

Conel - DNP:
Smith, MD starter - dec 2-1
Bolo - L 3-5
MFF out

No HWT entrant.

Cael spoke to Byers after match, conel was a precautionary move to forfeit, Bergy is in the room doing stuff, shack is also in the room doing stuff, Anthony is all right , and is working out. I think Cael might be sand bagging on bergy meaning he may go friday and shack is not wrestling vs ASU.

"Suriano is wrestling in the room right now" only Cael knows the truth

Reactions: Dogwelder
Sanderson said that the plan going in was for Conel to wrestle two matches only. He then said that the Conel MFF was precautionary. He then said he is hopeful that Conel can go against Arizona State, and IIRC, adding that "it's up to him" (aside - he said the same thing about Jersey Kid when the Kid had a broken ankle). Of course, there was zero information about the type or severity of Conel's injury.

Interpret all that as you will, but based on past results I'm not expecting to see Conel on a wrestling mat any time real soon. Wouldn't mind at all to be wrong about that.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
At this stage of the game, there were likely be 0 points at NCAAs from either 125 or 197 (barring the Beard). 149 might garner 2 to 4 points (although there is room for improvement). 157 and 184 are still open questions. Both have the potential for AA points, but injury issues are still a big contingency.

Looks like 5 guys really have to score some major points: Hall, Joseph, Cassar, Lee and RBY.

At this stage of the game, there were likely be 0 points at NCAAs from either 125 or 197 (barring the Beard). 149 might garner 2 to 4 points (although there is room for improvement). 157 and 184 are still open questions. Both have the potential for AA points, but injury issues are still a big contingency.

Looks like 5 guys really have to score some major points: Hall, Joseph, Cassar, Lee and RBY.

Good thing it’s Nov and not March

RBY.... Just my thoughts, As quick as ever, wrestled a lot with one arm at his side (after what Desanto did to RBY), As one person mentioned: good "chain wrestling", and last today he kinda reminded me of NOLF... is that possible?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT