ADVERTISEMENT

Army ROTC Cadet Mason Manville - in service of country! Following in the footsteps of . . .

This is something everyone in wrestling should be proud of seeing. A young man putting service before self is inspiring to say the least. I hope we see more of our college wrestlers involved in our military and growing into leadership roles. I always cheer for any Air Force,Army, or Navy Cadets if they qualify for the NCAA tournament. It takes an amazing amount of discipline to attend school at one of those places and I can't imagine the strain of trying to compete in a sport while doing the workload in school and duty.

I was lucky enough to get to know a couple of young men (casually) who were very good wrestlers and great students. They both graduated from the USAFA a couple of years ago and though the wrestling dreams didn't quite pan out life certainly is offering them plenty these days. Matt,Morgan, and Mason are a feather in the cap of PSU wrestling and guys I would point out front and center when talking about the program. Not how TanTom would have done it though.

I had no idea, I don't know where II have been on this one. Mason just jumped several levels in my book. No wonder he takes on all commers at any weight class. The kid is loyal and a fighter, and does whatever is asked of him. Another bonus, he doesn't count against the 9.9. :)

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
ADVERTISEMENT