ADVERTISEMENT

Are you part of the 14%

I am not saying it's the smartest thing I have ever done. I am saying that I have done it, I am honest about it, and I was not the one to initiate it. Most times, it was just a few laughs/short term thing and over. Only once did it turn into something more, and that's because her and I had dated, seriously, before she met and married her husband. We had some left over emotions that had never been resolved.

But, I will say this to you guys who think your wife will never cheat - yes they will. And based on my experience, it's not always about money, or great looks or best body. I am not unattractive, although I am not 25 any more. I do OK financially, and I don't have a great physique anymore. But, what is the common thread is that I 1. listened to the woman 2. paid attention to details about her 3. had a good sense of humor 4. kept challenging her on things, meaning she had someone she could relate to intellectually.

Those four things are what drew the attention of these women.
You are so ****ing full of shit.

Reactions: Mixolydian
I will say this to you who has slept with married women- you don’t know every married woman. That’s a hell of a thing to generalize.

You are correct, I don't know every married woman. However, I feel comfortable in my perspective based on the experiences I have had.

Believe me or don't - makes no difference to me. I am simply telling you what I have observed and still observe.

I gotta agree with Connor on this one. I’ve been with my wife for 33 years and I can say without hesitation she wouldn’t cheat on me. How do I know this? Because I know my wife and I’ve never had a single reason in all those years to even have a hint of suspicion. I’ll rely on past performance to predict future behavior.

That's fair too. My comment was a bit broad, and perhaps touched a nerve with you guys. But I still stand by the rest of my post on what drew those women to make the moves they did.

You are so ****ing full of shit.

Why is it so absurd? I had a 40 year old married woman who I used to joke around with stop me in the hallway at my bosses office to tell me a joke. She looks around to make sure no one is around and asks me if I have seen her mouse. She was afraid her pussy ate it, and proceeds to show me hers. Twenty five years later I still reflexively look at office doors to see if they have locks.

Ditto. Being a single engineer in my twenties was a pretty good time. I had a pretty good laugh when Clinton was caught.

Yeah, so did I. Being young, reasonably in good shape, with a nice job and salary - can be a turn on for women that age. I had a lot of fun. But what really did it was working long hours away from home, and it being easy to "hook up".

Why is it so absurd? I had a 40 year old married woman who I used to joke around with stop me in the hallway at my bosses office to tell me a joke. She looks around to make sure no one is around and asks me if I have seen her mouse. She was afraid her pussy ate it, and proceeds to show me hers. Twenty five years later I still reflexively look at office doors to see if they have locks.
Was she married?

You are correct, I don't know every married woman. However, I feel comfortable in my perspective based on the experiences I have had.

Believe me or don't - makes no difference to me. I am simply telling you what I have observed and still observe.

One strong belief I have is that people tend to attract those that are similar to them. I would agree with you that your experiences would probably show that all married women are willing to cheat on the husbands.
Anyway, carry on.

Reactions: ChiTownLion

Then what happened....:)

Oh and was she wearing a skirt?

Reactions: psuro
The disrespect to women and not understanding why posting shots of nearly naked women would offend a lady all makes sense now.

Reactions: Picnits
The disrespect to women and not understanding why posting shots of nearly naked women would offend a lady all makes sense now.

Does it really? I have never done anything with anyone that they did not agree to do. How is that disrespectful? If they said no then I stopped. No questions asked. Never have I forced myself on anyone.

I never claimed to not understand why people get offended by the photos. I fully understand why. But I have the right to post pictures within the guidelines of this board. If the photos bother you then you can toggle them off in your settings. They are not going to stop being posted.

If you wish to try to connect the two items then you are misguided. Not me.

Last edited:
I am not perfect, but cheating on a wife or girlfriend is something I would never do, nor would I fool around with a married woman. I did have a chance or two, but never acted on them. I know enough from my friends and acquaintances to say that it happens a lot.

I had a drinking buddy in my younger days that used to say that a gold ring never held up a zipper.

I worked with a guy who would go to remote railroad repair centers out west. The repair guys would be called out for weeks at a time, while he was one of the only men between 18 and 65 in the town. He said that he had a whole lot of fun, so to speak, with the bored housewives when their husbands were away.

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan
Not sure what is more hilarious in this thread; Todd going off on some tangent not related to Dusky or the guys who are upset that someone would think their wife would cheat on them. Good times.

Reactions: bytir
I haven't.....I'm a firm believer that you dont shit where you sleep. I am aware, however of two married people (not to each other and now formerly married) having sex in a conference room, unaware that there was a VTC upcoming and the equipment in the room had already been dialed in.

I am not perfect, but cheating on a wife or girlfriend is something I would never do, nor would I fool around with a married woman. I did have a chance or two, but never acted on them.
+1

No offense to those who’ve had thrilling and memorable times taking advantage of opportunities I still sometimes regret passing on. And I’m not judging. I’ve always enjoyed the game when single.

But moreso there’s just always been something that’s kept me from going there, like chronic monogamy. Pretty sure i just wasn’t able to get past the heartbreak I knew I’d feel, or risk imposing, if... I’d like to spin it as strength of character and maybe it is in a sense.

But it feels more like a combination of guilt and empathy. And there have been times in a bygone age when I’d wished I could turn that off.

Does it really? I have never done anything with anyone that they did not agree to do. How is that disrespectful? If they said no then I stopped. No questions asked. Never have I forced myself on anyone.

I never claimed to not understand why people get offended by the photos. I fully understand why. But I have the right to post pictures within the guidelines of this board. If the photos bother you then you can toggle them off in your settings. They are not going to stop being posted.

If you wish to try to connect the two items then you are misguided. Not me.

PSURO - I'm curious, do you or did you work in a sales/staffing environment? I'd say the things you admitted to are true for about a quarter of the people I've had the pleasure of working with over the last 10 years and every job I've had revolved around people "hitting their number" or "meeting their quota". If you had a few consecutive months without being able to do that, you were out the door.. so with that, came new faces, of all walks and color.

With that, came all sorts of sexual tension in every job I've ever had... some offices more than others, but it was always there. The trick is understanding when it's okay to act on things, and when it's not.

The folks who commented on this thread who seem offended by your admittance couldn't have worked in similar environments such as sales or staffing.... because I'll tell ya.. when you have to "hit a number" not everyone, but some people will find any way possible they can... to "hit" that number.

I've hit a few quotes here and there over the years...

+1

No offense to those who’ve had thrilling and memorable times taking advantage of opportunities I still sometimes regret passing on. And I’m not judging. I’ve always enjoyed the game when single.

But moreso there’s just always been something that’s kept me from going there, like chronic monogamy. Pretty sure i just wasn’t able to get past the heartbreak I knew I’d feel, or risk imposing, if... I’d like to spin it as strength of character and maybe it is in a sense.

But it feels more like a combination of guilt and empathy. And there have been times in a bygone age when I’d wished I could turn that off.

Sounds like you've had your heart broken in the past, which might be why you refrain from the temptation now? If that's the case, that sucks bro... I've been there. If that's not the case... then more power to you.

50% of marriages end if divorce, that's the world we live in. The world we live in also is an environment where people spend far more times with their colleagues than they do their spouses.

I think those two facts might have something to do with each other.

PSURO - I'm curious, do you or did you work in a sales/staffing environment? I'd say the things you admitted to are true for about a quarter of the people I've had the pleasure of working with over the last 10 years and every job I've had revolved around people "hitting their number" or "meeting their quota". If you had a few consecutive months without being able to do that, you were out the door.. so with that, came new faces, of all walks and color.

With that, came all sorts of sexual tension in every job I've ever had... some offices more than others, but it was always there. The trick is understanding when it's okay to act on things, and when it's not.

The folks who commented on this thread who seem offended by your admittance couldn't have worked in similar environments such as sales or staffing.... because I'll tell ya.. when you have to "hit a number" not everyone, but some people will find any way possible they can... to "hit" that number.

I've hit a few quotes here and there over the years...

No not in sales. Have been on the technical side. But have worked long hours on site in mixed company and that led to the hook ups. Other times it was just circumstantial-like maybe she just needed a shoulder to lean on and it led to something more.

I am sorry if my comments offended some people. I never meant to insinuate all women will cheat. I should have worded it better. I should have said that my experiences have taught me what factors I have seen that led to married women fooling around. I also responded to the OP honestly. I make no illusions as to who I am. I have my flaws and made my mistakes and don't need to hide behind a keyboard and insinuate a false sense of perfection.

But I have also been the poor shmuck who got the wrong end of the stick when someone cheated. When confronting her on the matter I realized that you cannot assume that you know everything about someone. That you only get what they show you.

By the way this is the 63rd post on a non football or weekend jukebox thread and no mention of politics. New. Board. Record.

Last edited:
Sounds like you've had your heart broken in the past, which might be why you refrain from the temptation now? If that's the case, that sucks bro... I've been there. If that's not the case... then more power to you.

50% of marriages end if divorce, that's the world we live in. The world we live in also is an environment where people spend far more times with their colleagues than they do their spouses.

I think those two facts might have something to do with each other.
Actually, I haven’t. But thank you.

And since reaching that 50% mark, the divorce rate receeded to below 50% mostly because people, especially men, have married later.

Did you type that post with one hand? Creepy. :eek:
Yeah, I can see why it might look that way but I was more interested in the logistics. I'm trying to imagine (no, not one-handed) where and how I would ever be able to pull off such a thing where I work. Not that it ever would happen - none of the women where I work are blind. Yes, I realize that none of this means that I'm not actually Creepy.

ADVERTISEMENT