ADVERTISEMENT

Are you part of the 14%

Unless you count "screwing off" or "mental masturbation" then I've not had sex of any type at work. I did find a copy of Glamour magazine in the men's bathroom in our production area once... speaking of Seinfield references.

I am part of the 14% who have.

I am part of the 19% who have been caught.

I am part of the 44% of those who have had office romance.

I am part of the 34% who have been involved in an office romance with someone who is engaged or married to someone else.

Last edited:

I am part of the 34% who have been involved in an office romance with someone who is engaged or married to someone else.

Wow. I suppose context matters (age and all) but I am kind of embarrassed for you.

My last company had some people who were supposedly swingers. I guess that would increase the number of office romances and office romances with someone who was married or engaged.

I appreciate your candor

giphy.gif

I figured psuro works for himself and a Jackson Browne song comes to mind. I think that checks all the boxes for him

No. Always worked for companies. My office/work romances go back to working at Hoss' in State College when I was a student at PSU. And it has happened at a few places in my professional life. It comes with the territory, especially when I was young, working long hours and sometimes at job sites for a few weeks, with some young women.

I make no illusions about who I am. I don't hide behind the keyboard and pretend to be morally superior to anyone else.

Why?

Unlike many on this board, I make no illusions to being morally superior to anyone else. As I said in the US Open Thread as to why I was rooting for Tiger - he represents us who are tragically flawed.

Because it’s a lack of self control I guess. I’m not making any moral superiority claim or accusation. But hooking up at work with a married woman is a serious personality flaw.

I haven't. But I don't have any problem with consenting adults that do. I ran into a guy trying to pick up the female bartender at Uno's in Milwaukee many, many years ago (I was waiting for a to-go pizza). He had a wedding ring on. The gal was getting annoyed with him so I asked him to dial it back a bit and mentioned his wedding ring. he was pretty nice, apologized to her and to me and we started talking. Ten minutes into it he starts telling me his wife is dying, he starts crying, and he starts to get into grim details of his wife's terminal situation. Ouch. Suddenly, my names is called and grab my pizza and head back to the hotel. I've never forgotten than and it was one of many lessons I learned about the situations other people have to deal with.

giphy.gif

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Yes. Just make sure to do it inside the plane.
Unless you do skydiving tours.

Then "business travel" and "workplace" take on new meaning vis a vis the mile-high club.

I haven't. But I don't have any problem with consenting adults that do. I ran into a guy trying to pick up the female bartender at Uno's in Milwaukee many, many years ago (I was waiting for a to-go pizza). He had a wedding ring on. The gal was getting annoyed with him so I asked him to dial it back a bit and mentioned his wedding ring. he was pretty nice, apologized to her and to me and we started talking. Ten minutes into it he starts telling me his wife is dying, he starts crying, and he starts to get into grim details of his wife's terminal situation. Ouch. Suddenly, my names is called and grab my pizza and head back to the hotel. I've never forgotten than and it was one of many lessons I learned about the situations other people have to deal with.

giphy.gif

I am not saying it's the smartest thing I have ever done. I am saying that I have done it, I am honest about it, and I was not the one to initiate it. Most times, it was just a few laughs/short term thing and over. Only once did it turn into something more, and that's because her and I had dated, seriously, before she met and married her husband. We had some left over emotions that had never been resolved.

But, I will say this to you guys who think your wife will never cheat - yes they will. And based on my experience, it's not always about money, or great looks or best body. I am not unattractive, although I am not 25 any more. I do OK financially, and I don't have a great physique anymore. But, what is the common thread is that I 1. listened to the woman 2. paid attention to details about her 3. had a good sense of humor 4. kept challenging her on things, meaning she had someone she could relate to intellectually.

Those four things are what drew the attention of these women.

I am not saying it's the smartest thing I have ever done. I am saying that I have done it, I am honest about it, and I was not the one to initiate it. Most times, it was just a few laughs/short term thing and over. Only once did it turn into something more, and that's because her and I had dated, seriously, before she met and married her husband. We had some left over emotions that had never been resolved.

But, I will say this to you guys who think your wife will never cheat - yes they will. And based on my experience, it's not always about money, or great looks or best body. I am not unattractive, although I am not 25 any more. I do OK financially, and I don't have a great physique anymore. But, what is the common thread is that I 1. listened to the woman 2. paid attention to details about her 3. had a good sense of humor 4. kept challenging her on things, meaning she had someone she could relate to intellectually.

sadly, I agree with you. I had, in my younger days, some opportunities with married ladies but I just couldn't do it...knowing there was some poor stiff on the other side.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y

I will say this to you who has slept with married women- you don’t know every married woman. That’s a hell of a thing to generalize.

Reactions: Mixolydian

Ditto. Being a single engineer in my twenties was a pretty good time. I had a pretty good laugh when Clinton was caught.

I will say this to you who has slept with married women- you don’t know every married woman. That’s a hell of a thing to generalize.
I gotta agree with Connor on this one. I’ve been with my wife for 33 years and I can say without hesitation she wouldn’t cheat on me. How do I know this? Because I know my wife and I’ve never had a single reason in all those years to even have a hint of suspicion. I’ll rely on past performance to predict future behavior.

Reactions: SCBlueFan and Fac
ADVERTISEMENT