ADVERTISEMENT

Are you OK, losing more ugly games.......

Every game we lose gets blamed on the coaching staff. How is that going to change if we change the coaching staff? We get blown out, it’s blamed on the coaches. We lose a close one, it gets blamed on the coaches. So unless we can find a coach that wins every single game, it makes no sense to change coaches.

Reactions: Shadow99
Every game we lose gets blamed on the coaching staff. How is that going to change if we change the coaching staff? We get blown out, it’s blamed on the coaches. We lose a close one, it gets blamed on the coaches. So unless we can find a coach that wins every single game, it makes no sense to change coaches.
Did you see how unbelievably unprepared this team was today?
special teams have been beyond atrocious!
D can’t dirty an opposing QBs jersey
O can’t get a first down, when it matters!
All of the above.....COACHING

Good post. How has firing coaches every few years worked out for nebraska, Tennessee?

Did you see how unbelievably unprepared this team was today?
special teams have been beyond atrocious!
D can’t dirty an opposing QBs jersey
O can’t get a first down, when it matters!
All of the above.....COACHING
I didn’t know the coach was running or passing the ball or blocking when they needed a first down. Dumb statement. How do you know what the coaches worked on in practice or focused on every day? If the players don’t execute it doesn’t make a shit bit of difference what the coaches work on.

Reactions: 81b&w
All of the last 5 losses with blown 4th quarter leads are fixed if there would be a solid short yardage run game. Need to be able to get under center and get 3 yards. Just a fact.
Thank you. Game plan, schemes and play calls fall under the coaching column. Flat out, this season has fallen perfectly for PSU as far as other teams losing, etc. and they have a 12 point lead with 8 minutes left being blown and losing to a two touchdown road dog to blame for not being undefeated. Clearly enough talent is there to be in the hunt, but two straight seasons now, this team has found ways to play themselves out of the playoff hunt. A departure from 2016, when they almost became the first two-loss team to qualify. Fact is, this staff does. It make adjustments. There is no Plan B, and when they do try something (like the Lion package), it is an utter failure. Very frustrating. I do not want to be that team that is a great name on other people’s win lists. We are essentially the Auburn/Texas A&M of the Big 10. Unreal.

We lost this game for a number of reasons. But the most glaring problem with this team is the talent level of our DTs. We need DTs. If you want to put that on the coaches, fine. DTs are the toughest positions to recruit on that side of the ball. Until we get some studs up front we will always have difficulty closing out games. Givens is undersized and if he plays a lot of snaps he fades late in the game. Windsor is average. And there is little depth. 93 looks like he has a future but he's very inexperienced. Hope Hansard's injury isn't too serious.

We lost this game for a number of reasons. But the most glaring problem with this team is the talent level of our DTs. We need DTs. If you want to put that on the coaches, fine. DTs are the toughest positions to recruit on that side of the ball. Until we get some studs up front we will always have difficulty closing out games. Givens is undersized and if he plays a lot of snaps he fades late in the game. Windsor is average. And there is little depth. 93 looks like he has a future but he's very inexperienced. Hope Hansard's injury isn't too serious.

The most glaring problem is the repeated and complete inability of this offense to close out games when they have the ball and he opportunity. Dantonio has absolutely no concern Penn state could move the ball at the end of this game. None. Hope this game puts all of the Trace Heisman talk to bed.

So according to all the armchair experts we shouldn’t have lost these close games the past couple years. That would mean we would have 29 game winning streak going back to Michigan 2016. That would be the best record in the country with recruiting which ranked about 15th.

Let me know when you identify that coach

It's not a question of talent. The talent is there. They need to learn how to play under pressure . This was yet another blown opportunity and sometimes your defense had to make a play to win a close game. By my count we've been involved in 7 tight games since OSU and the defensive has failed 7 consecutive times to stop an opponent on their last drive of the game. This is the psychological hurdle they have to get over, I think CJF knows this better than anyone.

Reactions: MaconNitt
By my count we've been involved in 7 tight games since OSU and the defensive has failed 7 consecutive times to stop an opponent on their last drive of the game. This is the psychological hurdle they have to get over, I think CJF knows this better than anyone.

7? Are you talking OSU 2016? PSU has only lost 5 games since then...

Rose Bowl to USC...had a lead in the 4th quarter
At the Horseshoe...had a lead in the 4th quarter
At Sparty...lead in 4th quarter
2 weeks ago...up 26-14 with 8:00 left, up 5 with 4:00 left and opponent backed up to 4-yard line
Today...up 17-14 with 1:30 left

I'd start at the top. Franklin is an ass.
I love Franklin but he needs to reevaluate some of his philosophies. He's no longer at Vanderbilt where the team talent level was often less than the opponents. It was more necessary to be conservative late in games to prevent the superior talent of the other team from asserting itself in close games.

At Penn State he is now the guy with the superior talent but he chooses to handcuff it in close games. He needs to let to talent do it thing.

By my count we've been involved in 7 tight games since OSU and the defensive has failed 7 consecutive times to stop an opponent on their last drive of the game. This is the psychological hurdle they have to get over, I think CJF knows this better than anyone.

7? Are you talking OSU 2016? PSU has only lost 5 games since then...

Rose Bowl to USC...had a lead in the 4th quarter
At the Horseshoe...had a lead in the 4th quarter
At Sparty...lead in 4th quarter
2 weeks ago...up 26-14 with 8:00 left, up 5 with 4:00 left and opponent backed up to 4-yard line
Today...up 17-14 with 1:30 left
Iowa 2017 and app st. Would have lost those 2 if they didn't score so fast and we could actually tackle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT