ADVERTISEMENT

Are we better…

PaJules

Nov 28, 2013
Other than Clay, hardly a peep out of the recruiting crowd on QB Marcus Stokes commitment. He has had massive bumps in QB and overall player rankings in recent weeks. I for one am ”Stoked” to get this guy. Welcome Marcus and enjoy every bit of the journey of which you are about to embark. We Are!

Other than Clay, hardly a peep out of the recruiting crowd on QB Marcus Stokes commitment. He has had massive bumps in QB and overall player rankings in recent weeks. I for one am ”Stoked” to get this guy. Welcome Marcus and enjoy every bit of the journey of which you are about to embark. We Are!
Welcome aboard Marcus and best of luck

I’m stoked right now, and will be up until he gets that in-state committable offer from Florida.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
you have to trust the staff. they've been good at finding QBs that aren't highly rated. they've also had challenges closing the deal with top kids. Allar being the exception. Regardless, the films make it look like he's got really good wheels. He looks like he likes to throw deep on the move but that can just be the films used. My question mark is arm strength.

Reactions: PaJules
Limited information on the kids actual skillset. From what I have read, slots somewhere between a 7 and a 5 on the 10 point scale (used by some coaches/camps to score QBs based on passing ability with 1 to 3 being suited for option/wishbone, 4 to 6 for run first spreads, 7 to 10 for passing offenses). Applying the scale, we need 7s and above for MY's offense so he, like Clifford are at the bottom of the list. For a recent Penn State comparison, Clifford would be considered a 7, McSorley a 5, Hackenberg a 10. I would say based on what I have seen, we are not better but not worse either. Likely a replacement for CV or the freshmen from York. Won't keep all three.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Limited information on the kids actual skillset. From what I have read, slots somewhere between a 7 and a 5 on the 10 point scale (used by some coaches/camps to score QBs based on passing ability with 1 to 3 being suited for option/wishbone, 4 to 6 for run first spreads, 7 to 10 for passing offenses). Applying the scale, we need 7s and above for MY's offense so he, like Clifford are at the bottom of the list. For a recent Penn State comparison, Clifford would be considered a 7, McSorley a 5, Hackenberg a 10. I would say based on what I have seen, we are not better but not worse either. Likely a replacement for CV or the freshmen from York. Won't keep all three.
So much of QB is decision making, in pocket elusiveness, touch, leadership and vision. Nobody has a clue who will be good or not. They just look at the physical attributes. You need a minimum physical tool set in speed, agility, size and arm strength.

Then you combine the physical with the mental it is impossible to know who will develop and who will not. This kid could be a star or he could glance out.

ADVERTISEMENT