ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any audio or video options for the NLO?

T J

May 29, 2001
Post 'em if ya got 'em.

If not, hopefully some Wrestling Room regulars will provide some updates.

How about any live chats?

Thanks in advance.

that info is almost always in the Match notes, which Knocker posted earlier this week.

"ON THE AIR

TV - none
Live Web Video - none
Radio All Season - Penn State Wrestling Radio Network (1390 WRSC AM locally); go to http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/110915aad.html for full listing. All audio is streamed live thru GoPSUsports and College Sports Live (CBS)."

I take it from that Ironhead's radio coverage will be streamed for the NLO, though the above writing is somewhat unclear about that.

Post 'em if ya got 'em.

If not, hopefully some Wrestling Room regulars will provide some updates.

How about any live chats?

Thanks in advance.
Listed in the match notes for the NLO as NO radio broadcast.

Listed in the match notes for the NLO as NO radio broadcast.

Yes, that is what I'd seen too doublehaul. Was wondering if the NLC had some option that PSU didn't mention. So far it appears, we get nada.

Reactions: lionlover
Yes, that is what I'd seen too doublehaul. Was wondering if the NLC had some option that PSU didn't mention. So far it appears, we get nada.
If you think about it, Ironhead trying to cover six mats at one time would be pretty entertaining.

If you think about it, Ironhead trying to cover six mats at one time would be pretty entertaining.

He does it all the time at The Scuffle, Big Ten and NCAAs. I have always thought that he should have a sidekick to spot for him because he does miss things when he gets focused in on one match.

Reactions: T J

That's what he does in the early rounds of NCAAs, and the early rounds of the B1G and the Scuffle. In the later 2, he mostly focuses on PSUers on the match, and even when there are multiple ones he'll do his best to update each of their scores. At NCAAs he primarily focuses on PSUers (always PSUers when they are wrestling), but he will also do play-by-play of guys from PA if no PSUers are wrestling, as well as providing updates from the mats of how members of teams that are battling PSU for the team title are doing.

Returning to TJ's question, I noticed that on page 5 of the Match Notes it shows which events are covered by the Penn State Wrestling Radio Network, and the NLO is not shown on that schedule.

Reactions: T J
That's what he does in the early rounds of NCAAs, and the early rounds of the B1G and the Scuffle. In the later 2, he mostly focuses on PSUers on the match, and even when there are multiple ones he'll do his best to update each of their scores. At NCAAs he primarily focuses on PSUers (always PSUers when they are wrestling), but he will also do play-by-play of guys from PA if no PSUers are wrestling, as well as providing updates from the mats of how members of teams that are battling PSU for the team title are doing.

Returning to TJ's question, I noticed that on page 5 of the Match Notes it shows which events are covered by the Penn State Wrestling Radio Network, and the NLO is not shown on that schedule.

Yes, Ironhead does a very good job keeping listeners informed, even with multiple matches. Too bad if he won't be covering the NLO.

Perhaps someone can do a running update here in The Wrestling Room, or in a live chat on some platform.

Will the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club have a web page with running match results?

Anyone who wants to step up and add comments from mat-side, please do so.

Reactions: lionlover
Yes, Ironhead does a very good job keeping listeners informed, even with multiple matches. Too bad if he won't be covering the NLO.

Perhaps someone can do a running update here in The Wrestling Room, or in a live chat on some platform.

Will the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club have a web page with running match results?

Anyone who wants to step up and add comments from mat-side, please do so.

Flowrestling will have the brackets at arena.flowrestling.org

No luck there either.

its coming. there was an issue with the bracketing this morning. tournament had to get started, the online brackets are a bonus.

plus along on twitter for now. Pat D doing a masterful job.

No luck there either.
I just went on the NLWC website and they list the tournament and have a results link to click on, but nothing there either. How can the "Largest Open Tournament on the East Coast" have such terrible coverage? You'd think there would be more interest/support, particularly if you're trying to promote the sport.

I went to the link Tom posted above and if you scroll to the bottom of the page, they are providing twitter updates. BTW Gulibon just TF'd his opponent, so did Nico and Nolf had a pin over Brady MAson of Pitt, Moss had a TF as well ...just quick observations. Other than Nolf's pin, I don't know who the wins were over because they don't mention that on the twitter updates.

Here's the link again: http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/110915aad.html

I just went on the NLWC website and they list the tournament and have a results link to click on, but nothing there either. How can the "Largest Open Tournament on the East Coast" have such terrible coverage? You'd think there would be more interest/support, particularly if you're trying to promote the sport.

Yes, one would certainly think so.

ADVERTISEMENT