ADVERTISEMENT

Are any PSU players opting out of the bowl game?

73 on the offensive line...wishful thinking
Phil said last week 73 was no longer on the team, and said today Brisker is not playing in the bowl as well. Who knows my guess would be no Dotson, Walker, EK, Brisker, Smith and Brooks for the bowl game.

Porter leaves and it's an upgrade. Walking flag machine all year with zero ball skills or play recognition...another of Frankins super freak athletes who can't actually play the game of football.
Yeah, that guys stinks so bad he will get a multi million dollar contract in the NFL within six months from now. WHAT A STIFF!

Yeah, that guys stinks so bad he will get a multi million dollar contract in the NFL within six months from now. WHAT A STIFF!
Actually, yeah, stiff is the right word. Kid never got turned around in time to find the ball, was usually holding or interfering with the receiver, and in the rare case that neither happened, either gave up the completion or dropped the interception when it hit him in the hands.

Phil said last week 73 was no longer on the team, and said today Brisker is not playing in the bowl as well. Who knows my guess would be no Dotson, Walker, EK, Brisker, Smith and Brooks for the bowl game.
So there will be lots of new faces starting. Kinda looking forward to watching them. See how PSU does with lots of "next man up". Looks like the defense taking major losses for the bowl game.

I think Porter comes back but disagree witgh you on one thing. I think Hardy is already a good CB (possibly our best) and King is on his way to becoming one.
Except for Michigan guffaw. That will burn in him for 3 more years. I was seated behind the bench after the 47 yd td pass to a relative "cripple"...King was staring into space as if his worst nightmare had been realized. Prior to that play he had been pretty solid. Hope that experience drives him to greatness.

Can't imagine JPJr will get a multi million dollar contract after his performance this season. Maybe down the line but not now, IMHO. I guess we'll see in a few months

I would hope anyone opting out would have done so by now. Bowl practices are going on and the coaches have to know who will be playing.

Walker, Smith and Brooks (and even AK47) skipping the bowl game is laughable.

As far as decisions, I think we will see a decision a day until all is known. Penn State usually controls when a player announces.

The Miller commitment today might have pushed todays until this afternoon.

I would hope anyone opting out would have done so by now. Bowl practices are going on and the coaches have to know who will be playing.
The coaches likely knew before the bowl practices began, but it's up to each player to make his announcement when he chooses to.....

There is a podcast on the other site that talks about which young players were on the field as replacements for the upper classmen that have announced and those that are likely leaving.

The coaches likely knew before the bowl practices began, but it's up to each player to make his announcement when he chooses to.....

There is a podcast on the other site that talks about which young players were on the field as replacements for the upper classmen that have announced and those that are likely leaving.
What other site are you referring to?

Personally, if a player refuses to participate in a bowl game they should be required to pay back a pro-rated portion of their scholarship package that covers everything they have been given to that point in the year. For a Penn State players whose scholarship is worth in excess of a 100K, they should be paying PSU about 70K since the lions share is payed out during the season. They are obligated to play. If not...they are sorry individuals not worthy of being Penn Staters.

The only people this game means anything to are those who every time you see them are decked out head to toe in PSU gear.

Personally, if a player refuses to participate in a bowl game they should be required to pay back a pro-rated portion of their scholarship package that covers everything they have been given to that point in the year. For a Penn State players whose scholarship is worth in excess of a 100K, they should be paying PSU about 70K since the lions share is payed out during the season. They are obligated to play. If not...they are sorry individuals not worthy of being Penn Staters.
If only your mother swallowed you

• Wow
Reactions: katchthis
The only people this game means anything to are those who every time you see them are decked out head to toe in PSU gear.
What games DO mean anything then? Which ones matter? I keep hearing this bowl game is a "meaningless game". Aren't they all, then? If not, which games have meaning?

What games DO mean anything then? Which ones matter? I keep hearing this bowl game is a "meaningless game". Aren't they all, then? If not, which games have meaning?
They pretty much all are past the regular season. Think differently all you want, but they are now just pumped up exhibitions outside the playoffs. Kids majoring in "Pro Football" are stupid to play. The school did its job.

They pretty much all are past the regular season. Think differently all you want, but they are now just pumped up exhibitions outside the playoffs. Kids majoring in "Pro Football" are stupid to play. The school did its job.
Why does the regular season matter? For example, why didn't players "opt out" of the Michigan State game? Why risk getting hurt?

Yep once the season has passed the ones lucky enough to prep for the draft and combine have a decision to make. Some people still want to pretend it's not a business, but the players have free agency now and can sign deals in college now. Very few here had the opportunity to earn at least 660k for one year walking out of college, but these same fans/alums who are upset by it need something to fake outrage against.

Some kids will play and more power to them. Others want to get a jump start on combine/PRO Day training. Guess what, the NFL teams won't hold that against them either as it shows someone that is willing to work for their job. The regular season is the audition to get an interview....most that skip have talked to enough people to know where they may or may not go. I think this comes down to some fans being hurt more than anything else. Coaches, friends, and family aren't going to talk down to someone trying to make their life better.

LMAO, I'm sure this is a joke, correct.

Yep once the season has passed the ones lucky enough to prep for the draft and combine have a decision to make. Some people still want to pretend it's not a business, but the players have free agency now and can sign deals in college now. Very few here had the opportunity to earn at least 660k for one year walking out of college, but these same fans/alums who are upset by it need something to fake outrage against.

Some kids will play and more power to them. Others want to get a jump start on combine/PRO Day training. Guess what, the NFL teams won't hold that against them either as it shows someone that is willing to work for their job. The regular season is the audition to get an interview....most that skip have talked to enough people to know where they may or may not go. I think this comes down to some fans being hurt more than anything else. Coaches, friends, and family aren't going to talk down to someone trying to make their life better.
The fans are hurt because they're the customers. I don't blame the players. I blame the people responsible for making the rules. No other sport I can think of allows free agency before the season ends.

ADVERTISEMENT