ADVERTISEMENT

Apple Watches

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
When you have a question, this is the best place for an answer. Want to buy an Apple watch for my wife, she currently wears a Rolex, ready again for maintenance at about $1000. What do you, the wise board recommend I buy for her, money isn't a big issue. Question, are Apple watches compatible with Samsung phones, she has a Samsung?
Thank you,

Thank you, did not know Samsung offered watches, would features be compatible with Apple?

If your wife is Into high end time pieces and cost isn’t an issue go with the Apple Watch but dress it up with a Lagos band. Just make sure you get the silver apple face to match it. I found that my wife wouldn’t wear her Apple watch until I spruced it up with a high end band.

Lagos Band

Reactions: NedFromYork
If your wife is Into high end time pieces and cost isn’t an issue go with the Apple Watch but dress it up with a Lagos band. Just make sure you get the silver apple face to match it. I found that my wife wouldn’t wear her Apple watch until I spruced it up with a high end band.

Lagos Band
Thanks, now appears she won't give up the Rolex, not sure she in into watch collecting, she does have an old Borel.

Tag just came out with a combo smart watch. If you are into projection of brand that is a nice gift option. However my tag has appreciated in value and I don’t think the fast paced world of digital will allow for that

Can someone please tell me the benefit of an Apple Watch? I don’t need text messaging or calling capabilities on my watch. Also, two friends and I went camping this past June (both of them have Apple watches) and we went on long hikes each day in the neighborhood of 6-9 miles a day. Anyways, both of their Apple Watches were Wrong when it came to tracking distance; in fact, one guys watch was .25 miles off and the other guys watch was 1 whole mile off. Disappointing quality and performance to say the least. So again, can someone tell me the benefit of having an Apple Watch?

Can someone please tell me the benefit of an Apple Watch? I don’t need text messaging or calling capabilities on my watch. Also, two friends and I went camping this past June (both of them have Apple watches) and we went on long hikes each day in the neighborhood of 6-9 miles a day. Anyways, both of their Apple Watches were Wrong when it came to tracking distance; in fact, one guys watch was .25 miles off and the other guys watch was 1 whole mile off. Disappointing quality and performance to say the least. So again, can someone tell me the benefit of having an Apple Watch?
The benefits of an apple watch over an android watch? I dunno. Looks? Prestige? If your wife was already in the Apple ecosystem, it might make sense.

To some people, a watch is as much about style as is it about function. If she has been dropping hints about being interested in an Apple watch, then go with Apple. Otherwise, there are better Android options IMO.

Reactions: Obliviax
A watch? Huh. I don't care what day of the week it is. The only months I am concerned about is when Pennsylvania starts to get cold, then I go South. When Pennsylvania warms up then I will come North.

Reactions: Fayette_LION
Here the reason I love my Apple
watch

1. I like being able to get alerts and read text messages pulling out my phone. All I have to do is look at my watch and I can see who it is. No more hearing the phone vibrate in the table ect. It not on my wrist.

2. I can leave my phone in the car or home and still have connectivity. If I go the gym I can just pair my headphones to my watch and have all my music.

3. I use it for payments. Anywhere you can tap to pay you can use your watch to pay. It more secure and no longer digging for the credit card.

ADVERTISEMENT