ADVERTISEMENT

Apologies for what will seem like a dumb question for avid PGA fans....

Jack's average drive in 1967 was 276 yds, first on tour. His average drive at the 1986 Masters was 267, 11th in the field but 5th in fairways hit. Rory hit a balata ball with a steel shafted persimmon driver in a simulator and his average drive was 273 yds.

Since the above is about golf I searched for a pertinent comment from Charles Barkley and was unsuccessful.
You called me a racist and I replied "Fu@k You".

Augusta seems to be holding up to all the ling hitters this week. No scores in the 60's yesterday.

What did you mean with this?
I meant what I wrote.

I think you're having a manic episode. You need to calm down. Do you have any lithium handy?

Also, if you're trying to make a point you should include your full post, the one I responded to.

Seriously, though, lithium does wonders.

I have always been amused at the term "Tiger-proofing" Augusta. Tiger hit the golf bar further than just about anyone else out there and they lengthened the course by moving the tees back. Seems to me that this would benefit the players who hit it furthest (like Tiger). Of course, this would fly in the face of those who wanted to paint Augusta as being racist on all levels.
Has it occurred to you to view Tiger as a golfer who used to hit the ball far and not as a person with dark skin who used to hit the ball far?
OK - so here are the two original posts. Why do you insinuate that I am racist?

OK - so here are the two original posts. Why do you insinuate that I am racist?
You did fine until the last sentence.

And, please explain, how would one know that you were referring to something Barkley said in 2002. Who could possibly intuit that? The course was not Tiger proofed, it was longer hitters-proofed. You introduced racism by way of Barkley, of all people. You are definitely the victim here, however, now that you've said that your Saturday has been ruined. Get back to me in a week.

Last edited:
You did fine until the last sentence.

And, please explain, how would one know that you were referring to something Barkley said in 2002. Who could possibly intuit that? The course was not Tiger proofed, it was longer hitters-proofed. You introduced racism by way of Barkley, of all people. You are definitely the victim here, however, now that you've said that your Saturday has been ruined. Get back to me in a week.
Nice to know you are now following my posts. It's also nice to know we agree that the course wasn't Tiger-Proofed; which was, after all, my original point. You missed the inside "joke" and jumped my ass insinuating that I am racist. I agree that I am a victim of your ignorance of an inside golf reference in a golf related thread and accept your apology. Why don't you say you are "out of here" and stick to your guns?

Nice to know you are now following my posts. It's also nice to know we agree that the course wasn't Tiger-Proofed; which was, after all, my original point. You missed the inside "joke" and jumped my ass insinuating that I am racist. I agree that I am a victim of your ignorance of an inside golf reference in a golf related thread and accept your apology. Why don't you say you are "out of here" and stick to your guns?
Were you and peetzpoolboy separated at birth?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT