ADVERTISEMENT

Apart from Superman, a few guys who impressed me tonight:

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
1. Juwan Johnson - Really stepped up, not just on the gamewinner but all night long. I think he'll build on this game and really move to the next level.
2. Shareef Miller - Monster game. Constantly providing pressure and in the backfield of IOWA. Very impressed.
3. Trace McSorley - Hear me out. He really struggled a lot tonight, tipped balls, inaccuracy, some bad decisions. However, despite playing a fairly lousy game, he had the cujones to bring the team back to win the game with under 2 minutes to go. GUTS personified.

3. Trace McSorley - Hear me out. He really struggled a lot tonight, tipped balls, inaccuracy, some bad decisions. However, despite playing a fairly lousy game, he had the cujones to bring the team back to win the game with under 2 minutes to go. GUTS personified.

One thing I will say is that he made good decisions by and large on the final drive. In the past in similar situations, he's forced the ball at times with poor decisions. He did a good job with his passes and got rid of the ball appropriately.

Reactions: Nitwit
1. Juwan Johnson - Really stepped up, not just on the gamewinner but all night long. I think he'll build on this game and really move to the next level.
2. Shareef Miller - Monster game. Constantly providing pressure and in the backfield of IOWA. Very impressed.
I'm happy for the win, but we should have been up by two or three touchdowns at halftime. A lot of that is on McSorely's shoulders.

Reactions: psu2016
One thing I will say is that he made good decisions by and large on the final drive. In the past in similar situations, he's forced the ball at times with poor decisions. He did a good job with his passes and got rid of the ball appropriately.

I thought Iowa did a good job keeping him in the pocket until the last drive. He is deadly to defenses when he gets out of the pocket.

Disagree with #1. You can't hang the 'difference maker' moniker on any of our receivers. Not tonight. They weren't enough of a factor early on.

On the big INT, where he got hit as he tried to throw, Gesicki was already breaking wide open and he could have thrown it a little sooner. Would have been a big play for us instead of leading to a TD for Iowa. But that's football.....

Disagree with #1. You can't hang the 'difference maker' moniker on any of our receivers. Not tonight. They weren't enough of a factor early on.

Yet they could have been if someone delivered a pass in their vicinity .... Only drop I saw and loads of wide open receivers running routes, getting open and waiting? They can't throw the ball to themselves.

Didn't know Campbell was a lb...

Well, you should know by now that Campbell is a defensive back.

The two scoring plays in the fourth quarter:

Wadley's 70 yd pass reception was blown coverage by Cabinda......plain and simple. (Scott had a chance at an open field tackle but wiffed.)

Wadley's 30 yd run was blown as all three linebackers lined up on and to the right of Iowa's center, thus the gaping hole on the left side of Iowa's offensive line. (Apke took a bad angle and took himself out of the play.)

LBU was LBU-Oh No on those two plays.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT