ADVERTISEMENT

AP All-America teams; Kentucky with two 1st teamers

Third team RB as well

I looked at the season game by game statistics for the UK RB and really don't understand why he would be selected over a RB such as Sanders..... with Sanders having a considerably higher ypc.... Not that there are not other RB's more deserving, but just a comment on the SEC bias.

I looked at the season game by game statistics for the UK RB and really don't understand why he would be selected over a RB such as Sanders..... with Sanders having a considerably higher ypc.... Not that there are not other RB's more deserving, but just a comment on the SEC bias.

The additional 5 rushing TDs was probably a huge factor. That's a big number. Sanders only had 9 rushing scores which pretty much rules him out. Honestly, the voters probably gave him a ton of credit for the games against Florida & Miss State.

The additional 5 rushing TDs was probably a huge factor. That's a big number. Sanders only had 9 rushing scores which pretty much rules him out. Honestly, the voters probably gave him a ton of credit for the games against Florida & Miss State.

Could be, but we know that if Trace wasn't such a great finisher down near the goal line Sanders would have gotten enough opportunities to get 5 more rushing TD's. The UK RB is described as a hard runner that breaks tackles and may make a good NFL player, but would you trade Sanders for him?

Last edited:

Probably some cumulative effect too - third straight 1,000+ yard year for him.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25500665/alabama-puts-four-ap-all-america-team

Bunchy Stallings offensive Guard, and Josh Allen, Linebacker both 1st team

Not a surprise, but Bama (Four first-teamers) and SEC dominate these selections
I was hoping that Josh Allen would decide not to play in the Citrus bowl. No such luck. He's going to be tough, especially with our inconsistent offense. Let's hope McSorley is 100% and JJ is back and not dropping passes.

Could be, but we know that if Trace wasn't such a great finisher down near the goal line Sanders would have gotten enough opportunities to get 5 more rushing TD's. The UK RB is described as a hard runner that breaks tackles and may make a good NFL player, but would you trade Sanders for him?

They're pretty even. Neither is a huge threat as a receiver. Similar backs but Sanders is more elusive. Snell having three good seasons in a row probably was a factor but I really don't think that Sanders was ever in the discussion for AA status. You're right about Trace taking TDs away from him but numbers matter. We see that every year with the Heisman. Singletary from FAU probably deserved consideration but they had a bad year and his numbers were way down from 2017.

I was hoping that Josh Allen would decide not to play in the Citrus bowl. No such luck. He's going to be tough, especially with our inconsistent offense. Let's hope McSorley is 100% and JJ is back and not dropping passes.
I can't tell you how little i'm worried about this game. We'll be healthy across the board and no one on this team (or fan base) will confuse KY with bama. It's a good team and will require a real effort, but this is a W unless we phone it in.. in which case they'll clean our clocks.

Trace wants to go out hot and this guarantees it.. PSU -6. [BTW, pleased as punch their guy got 3rd team and Sanders got ignored... added incenitve.]

We managed to handle Wisconsin's All American offense in check and I'm not worried about 1 great defensive player. I'll give the kid credit, but if we're not able to out scheme one guy, we probably don't deserve to win.

ADVERTISEMENT