ADVERTISEMENT

anyone watching the NFL draft?

kind of amazing the crowd it draws ? Size and types :)
No. I prefer to watch the Nats whip on the Mets, while my wife chose watching the Caps beating the Rangers. I can read the results of the draft in a few minutes in the morning, thus saving considerable time. Just not a draft watching fan, but I understand many love the stuff.

No, this is Hokey Pokey night for the wife and me.
ERM-2013-03-27-Hokey-Pokey-Clinic.jpg

Yeah baby! Love the draft even though my Iggles tend to screw it up such as drafting a 27 year old fireman or getting 2nd round talent in the 1st.
you mean like they just did?

seriously. a 2nd round pick who is purely a slot receiver, will likely be unable to get free of tough (aka strong) CB's who will manhandle him, and has zero size or intangibles (short of being a good punt return man and maybe being a candidate to convert to DB).

i saw that name pop up and my stomach rolled over.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJPSU

seriously. a 2nd round pick who is purely a slot receiver, will likely be unable to get free of tough (aka strong) CB's who will manhandle him, and has zero size or intangibles (short of being a good punt return man and maybe being a candidate to convert to DB).

Sorry, to hear that. I had hope for a Macklin type ?

Sorry, to hear that. I had hope for a Macklin type ?
dude's too slow. like they say, has quicks. but without muscle won't be able to shake free ez. then watching the 'boyz get our best pick at 27 (kid from uconn.. and when did i ever think i'd utter those words??) made it really bad. not sure which knucklehead made this call, but i sure hope he/they know more than virtually everyone else.

it seemed like when they couldn't make the trade for MM they had no backup plan.

if this guy is plan B, we're in deep barney.

but hey... at least no one bit on that team-killing trade kelly was shoveling. seriously? 2 first, a 3rd, 3 starters including your team mvp? yeah, that makes sense. :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah baby! Love the draft even though my Iggles tend to screw it up such as drafting a 27 year old fireman or getting 2nd round talent in the 1st.
I wouldn't mind second round talent in the first, its when they get f/a talent in the first, followed by 7th rd talent in the second!!!

The Eagles like drafting 2nd round talent in the first round, although last year's 1st round pick has yet to show he was even 7th round worthy. Kelly is so damn overrated (literally as I type this I'm listening to a caller say he's a Tom Landry/Bill Parcels type coach) and I don't think he understands the NFL draft. He's only 2 years removed from college, so I don't know if he's still stuck in a college recruiting mentality or what. I don't know what Kelly is thinking and nobody else does either. Last year's 1st round pick was considered a reach and people blamed it on Roseman. This year's pick is considered a reach and it was 100% Kelly's - makes me think last year's draft was more Kelly's as well, given the same mentality. At the time of the Eagles' pick there were better receivers plus Jones that would've filled their huge need for a CB. I still think in 3 years Kelly is back in college.

Also, I just heard this was the 8th PAC-12 player Kelly has drafted since being the Eagles coach, which supports my thought that Kelly is still stuck in a college recruiting mindset. Of those 8 picks, there are only 1 or 2 players at this point who can play.

ADVERTISEMENT