ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone upload Windows 10 and lose printer connection

Not my printer drivers, but my NVIDIA driver was wiped out for a default, generic Windows display driver. Simply had to download and reinstall it myself and everything is working fine.

IMO, 10 is an improvement both functionally and in performance over Windows 8.

Go to web page for printer's manufacturer.
Select drivers and downloads for you printer.
Select for windows 10, if none available then you probably will have to purchase a new printer. Decent printer can be had for under $100.

Go to web page for printer's manufacturer.
Select drivers and downloads for you printer.
Select for windows 10, if none available then you probably will have to purchase a new printer. Decent printer can be had for under $100.

Sometimes you can load the old drivers and software and tell windows to run it under an old operating system such as win 7.

Yes...I had this exact same problem last night when Windows 10 showed up.

My HP printer is an older model, so OF COURSE, it wasn't recognized in the list of HP printers when I tried to manually install the new printer.

My "fix" was to install the printer with the driver of a slightly newer HP model. It worked - I assume the driver was pretty much identical for an HP 7250 as it was for a 7400 model. So basically, you have to reinstall or remap your printer, and if your driver doesn't show up, try a slightly different model's driver.

HP customer service was ZERO help.

Not my printer drivers, but my NVIDIA driver was wiped out for a default, generic Windows display driver. Simply had to download and reinstall it myself and everything is working fine.

IMO, 10 is an improvement both functionally and in performance over Windows 8.

Had the same problem with NVIDIA driver...working fine now...the laptop was a 7 yr old Toshiba...

Got a new computer today for the wife. Turns out Comcast mail won't work with Edge. Had to go to Google site and download Chrome (it, along with Firefox wasn't listed as an option).

ADVERTISEMENT