ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone still on the Chambers Bandwagon?

Wins like these are more reason to me he's not the right coach. The fact they can win these games once in a while shows they need more consistency and should be winning more games. Still a lot of season left to make it right.

Let's give them their due tonight. It's been a long drought and Reeves is a big lift. Hope they can gain some confidence much like the the OSU football game in 2016 and move forward in a positive direction. They can be a good team.

They absolutely can be a very good team. That is why this season has been so frustrating so far. Like you, I hope this can be a turning point for the rest of the season.

Reactions: bison13
Wins like these are more reason to me he's not the right coach. The fact they can win these games once in a while shows they need more consistency and should be winning more games. Still a lot of season left to make it right.
I'm all for the PSU BB program. Great win, but Chambers, again almost lost it down the stretch. If not for a lucky shot we could have lost another lead down during the end game. Just think what a great coach could do for our kids!

I'm all for the PSU BB program. Great win, but Chambers, again almost lost it down the stretch. If not for a lucky shot we could have lost another lead down during the end game. Just think what a great coach could do for our kids!

I was happier with our approach down the stretch vs OSU. Their kid made some ridiculously tough shots and they earned their way back into the game. Carr hit his two free throws to get us up 3 before their last 3. There was an attempt to get the ball inside and not rely totally on Tony. Carr took the big shots down the stretch but only shot it 12 total times. Took an early one with 15 seconds on the shot clock with less than two minutes to go but his decisions were better. They shared it and got much better looks. We won't make 10 of 13 threes every night but they only took 13 which means they weren't settling as often. Didn't like that we ran down the court and chucked up a prayer when we had timeouts and 5 seconds on the clock but was certainly happy with the result.. gotta take care of Rutgers today or it's like the win vs OSU never happened. Someone will have the fatigue excuse ready if Rutgers beats us. Today is as big a must win for Chambers as there ever has been in his career.

Reactions: bison13 and Relayer

You can't say we just got lucky on our three without acknowledging it was only necessary because OSU got lucky on their last two.

Anyone who thinks Chambers should be fired before Reaves/Carr/Stevens/Watkins are Seniors/Juniors should be checked into an insane asylum. End of story. If Reaves hadn't missed those games, we are 16-6 (6-3 in conference), possibly 17-5 (7-2) in conference right now.

I'm a season ticket holder that's waited for this for 8 years. I'm not turning the car around after I just drove 18 hours straight to Disney World.

Go get bent if you don't like it.

Your avatar says it all. You're a clown.

Reactions: cfbinsider
Some keep saying what we could do with a great coach. We have never been able to get a great coach. What's changed that we would get a great coach. Crowds are dismal, how how the attraction to be a PSU b ball coach changed. Pat has at least recruited, 1st to do that. Yes, we should be better. Who would be an improvement?

Anyone who thinks Chambers should be fired before Reaves/Carr/Stevens/Watkins are Seniors/Juniors should be checked into an insane asylum. End of story. If Reaves hadn't missed those games, we are 16-6 (6-3 in conference), possibly 17-5 (7-2) in conference right now.

I'm a season ticket holder that's waited for this for 8 years. I'm not turning the car around after I just drove 18 hours straight to Disney World.

While I really hope things work out, we show enough on the court to extend Pat, and everyone significant returns next season, it's also easy for me to see the argument on the other side.

And while I know that Josh increases our chances of winning each game, playing this "we'd be 6-3 or 7-2 with him" is ridiculous when looking at some of our disappointing performances when he was on the court.

Unfortunately, it looks like Sandy will have a very difficult decision to make in a couple of months, but I'm hoping that the guys can make it a bit easier for her by playing to our potential down the stretch.

Reactions: bison13

Give us the list of great coaches that want the job!!

Go get bent if you don't like it.[/QUOTE.

The 10 year plan is almost complete. I’m thinking a nice run in NIT then sign Chambers for another six years. We need stability. Getting to the NCAAs is secondary even though the ACC Challenge and probably only 4 or 5 NCAA Big Ten bids suggests the Big Ten is poor this year. We aren’t that close to being a Top 20 team. But Chambers is recruiting great so we should be close over the next 6-8 years.

PSU went 1-3 the 4 games Reaves missed
Watkins played only 9 minutes versus Purdue and PSU lost by 3
With Watkins out of the lineup, PSU went 2-4

so PSU went 21-13. half of those losses were with out Reaves or Watkins

with both guys in the lineup, PSU was 18-6

if all PSU loses is Shep Garner this season, I like the future of the team Chambers has built

Let’s remember many if not most of the other teams in the country have had starters and / or top reserves miss games too......this is not unique to Penn State.

Let’s remember many if not most of the other teams in the country have had starters and / or top reserves miss games too......this is not unique to Penn State.

no doubt the team needs to build depth, but not being a "marquee" destination program, that's hard to come by.

Chambers has done a great job with what he's built. With the starters healthy, this team is more than competitive

Ugh, this is like the political debates that go on forever. Both sides have some justification in their points.

PC has recruited better than anyone ever for PSU. Current freshman class is a little weak, but he was late to the game without having scholarships available initially. Next years class has two legit guards and a big guy who is hopefully staying on board as well as a Russian kid who is a bit of an unknown. He has a stretch 3/4 signed for the 19 class so far, but needs another top 100 guy to keep momentum going.

PC on game day though is not nearly as polished. Sometimes his ball screen offensive plan with Carr works well, but other games it horrendous. The issue is he doesn't make in game adjustments very well in comparison to his counterparts. My prime example of this was vs Minnesota, he continuously had post-post doubles on their big guy. This left their shooters wide open all game and they took advantage. Watkins could have done the job himself, maybe the occasional double team but all game? That game was lost on coaching, not Reaves being out.

He's normally a little late in calling timeouts during runs, does not have any BLOB/SLOB plays to score, and seems unwilling to try and zone defense to keep Watkins out of foul trouble.

I have said before he should come back next year but if the adjustments are not made with he and his staff, next year should be it.

ADVERTISEMENT