ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know whether it’s possible to get tickets to match at Maryland?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
I went to the Maryland website and one page shows the price for season and single match tickets but no link to purchase. The ticket page lists many sports, but not wrestling.

• Wow
Reactions: Dogwelder
I went to the Maryland website and one page shows the price for season and single match tickets but no link to purchase. The ticket page lists many sports, but not wrestling.
Wakuan stood in front of a picture of Bodhidharma. In the picture, Bodhidharma was wearing a beard. “Now why doesn’t that fellow wear a beard?” asked Wakuan. ;) #zenkoanday

Reactions: bwfight
It appears to be at their big arena, you will be able to walk up. I think the match lasted a little over an hour the last time they wrestled there.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Last PSU visit to MD, I purchased ticket ahead of time using the website.

I see Wrestling is neither yet listed nor on the individual event calendar like other sports. I expect they eventually will be after MD's season ticket sale period ends.

All seats were general admission with festival-style seating when the gates openned.

Also then it was not all electronic ticketing and I printed my ticket PDF with barcode. With COVID ticketing that has likely changed. Downloading to a mobile device may now be required.

Your OP just struck me as very cool. Dream-like, theater-of-the-absurd, Kafka, zen-koan. A page lists sports, but not wrestling which is a sport. Another page tells the price but won't let you buy. One hand claps. ... We don't get what we expect. :)
I can assure you that this is the first time anything I’ve been associated with was called zen like…

• Haha
One caveat is which gym they hold the match in. They have a much smaller venue (seats around 1,000) on the ground floor. I still doubt it comes anywhere near selling out but that entirely depends on how many PSU fans show up. When watching MD duals in recent years when they were not wrestling a team like PSU they had maybe 100 fans in attendance.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Your OP just struck me as very cool. Dream-like, theater-of-the-absurd, Kafka, zen-koan. A page lists sports, but not wrestling which is a sport. Another page tells the price but won't let you buy. One hand claps. ... We don't get what we expect. :)
Exactly. 😉

• Haha
According to the UMD website, this year’s dual is being held in the Pavilion. Presumably some of the “seats” will be spectators hanging from the rafters.

According to the UMD website, this year’s dual is being held in the Pavilion. Presumably some of the “seats” will be spectators hanging from the rafters.

To be clear since SHP didn't say so the dual will be in the Xfinity Center but ssmaller gym on the ground floor I mentioned which only seats about 1.000, but is still in the same building.

Yes. The Pavilion is the side gym, where they hold volleyball and other small turnout events. The last time PSU wrestled there it was advertised as being in the Pavilion, and tickets were purchased in advance. (Yes, you could get them at the box office walk up too) Advance sales were high enough that they moved the match to the arena. Open seating, like others said. Every seat was a great seat with the low attendance of mainly PSU fans. I would expect the same to occur this year. Advance ticket sales and a decision on the venue.

Don't get me wrong. The small gym is nice, and you are close to the floor (been there for several events), but it is a bleacher system and certainly not as comfortable as the arena. If you are going, get your tickets in advance and they will react by moving the location.

Yes. The Pavilion is the side gym, where they hold volleyball and other small turnout events. The last time PSU wrestled there it was advertised as being in the Pavilion, and tickets were purchased in advance. (Yes, you could get them at the box office walk up too) Advance sales were high enough that they moved the match to the arena. Open seating, like others said. Every seat was a great seat with the low attendance of mainly PSU fans. I would expect the same to occur this year. Advance ticket sales and a decision on the venue.

Don't get me wrong. The small gym is nice, and you are close to the floor (been there for several events), but it is a bleacher system and certainly not as comfortable as the arena. If you are going, get your tickets in advance and they will react by moving the location.
Just a note, the Xfinity Center isn't booked for anything that night, so moving it there is very much feasible.

Just show up at the door you and will have your choice of an abundance of good seats. I think their average home crowd is measured in hundreds. There hasn't been a scalper in Maryland since the 1800's :)
Lord.......I.....you know the drill.

He was still there last time I watched a MD dual but his voice seems to have deserted him as he got older so you don't really notice his noise any more.
Plus he'd run around the arenas finding Maryland's best wrestlers to cheer on. Frankly, I'd like to see the Terrapin's get better, but from a Ficker standpoint, what's to cheer about today, who's he going to run and see? Sheptock's gone ;).

Good on him that he continued doing what he does for such a long time during lean years, but what's worse than lean? 2021 saw them go 0-8, with 2 points at the Big Ten Championship. The year before they had "0" at B1G's!!

ADVERTISEMENT