ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here ever fly Spirit Airlines? Had to go to Minneapolis

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
Friday to pick up a car from my sister and drive it back so I can give it to my daughter. OMG what a dumpster fire that is. It is the perfect airline if you are flying to prison.

For those unfamiliar with this, you are only entitled to one tiny bag. Everything else costs extra, including your seat if it is on the aisle or somewhere other than the last two rows. They nickel and dime you all the way to the gate, then continue on the plane. They even sent a flight attendant down the aisle to try and sell us a Spirit Airlines Master Card. I watched closely. Not one person took an application.

It is the same feeling you get when you click on a website with pics of pretty women and the ads cover the screen. Ugh. Never again.

Reactions: Marshall30
Only time I will opt to take spirit is if choice #2 is to walk... walk backwards, that is.. to my destination

Reactions: wslee1
Only time I will opt to take spirit is if choice #2 is to walk... walk backwards, that is.. to my destination
I have flown Spirit numerous times from Latrobe to Orlando, Tampa, and even Vegas (once) over the last couple of years and never had a problem. The flights to Florida were always full so I guess I am not alone. Yes it is no frills flight but it got me there and back at a great price. I had more hassles on United and American.

Friday to pick up a car from my sister and drive it back so I can give it to my daughter. OMG what a dumpster fire that is. It is the perfect airline if you are flying to prison.

For those unfamiliar with this, you are only entitled to one tiny bag. Everything else costs extra, including your seat if it is on the aisle or somewhere other than the last two rows. They nickel and dime you all the way to the gate, then continue on the plane. They even sent a flight attendant down the aisle to try and sell us a Spirit Airlines Master Card. I watched closely. Not one person took an application.

It is the same feeling you get when you click on a website with pics of pretty women and the ads cover the screen. Ugh. Never again.
Frontier is the same. I will never fly either of those airlines...ever

Spirit and Ryanair were (maybe still are) considering charging a fee to use the bathroom on flights 90 minutes or less last year or the year before. Fuel costs have gone down 40% for airlines while ticket prices have gone down 4%. What a racket.

Spirit routinely has to postpone flights - get this - because they don't have a pilot. How f@#$%* up can you possibly be?

train wreck is right, flew it once out of pit, delayed 4 hours cause they didn't have a pilot.

After boarding we sat over an hour while the pilot; in his own words over the intercom;
told us he had to "familiarize" himself with the aircraft.

returning also delayed 2 hours in perfect weather; baggage claim changed 3 times and took over an hour.

and this was a charter flight.

never again

train wreck is right, flew it once out of pit, delayed 4 hours cause they didn't have a pilot.

After boarding we sat over an hour while the pilot; in his own words over the intercom;
told us he had to "familiarize" himself with the aircraft.

returning also delayed 2 hours in perfect weather; baggage claim changed 3 times and took over an hour.

and this was a charter flight.

never again

:eek:

Yeah, they're a complete joke. We flew spirit once and they were so unbelievably rude to people it was laughable. Never again.

Frontier is the same. I will never fly either of those airlines...ever

I remember flying Frontier years ago as a little kid with my parents from Denver to Jackson Hole. Not many airlines flew to Wyoming back then, ha. But I remember on return flight, this old guy must have had a stand by ticket, and wherever we landed, some little airport in between, they made him get off. He refused and they had to call the cops and carry him off the plane. Was pretty crazy, boy was that guy pissed. I didn't understand things at the time, but I probably would've done same thing if it happened now. Be like getting dropped in the middle of West Virginia, far from civilization, with another plane not coming for hours, or days. :)

Reactions: Marshall30
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT