ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone hear any truth to this? Kareem Walker de-commit from OSU to Michigan.

Michigan's got 22 commits as of now. They can't go above 25, correct?

I believe the B1G rule is no more than 28 in one year. Of course the NCAA rule of 85 scholies still applies, so that will have to be squared away somehow.

Michigan's got 22 commits as of now. They can't go above 25, correct?

Harby collected a bunch of under-recruited kids early in this years cycle, a bunch of them from down south.

[That was all before the BTN decided to interrupt their 24/7 auto-erotic fixation with "Scarlett and Grey".....and went to 12 X 12 daily cycles - 12 hours of masturbation over Scarlet and Grey erotica, and 12 hours devoted to covering the inauguration of Pope Harby the first.]

Plenty of time for some of those kids to develop "academic issues" between now and February.

Seriously.
You know Harby - just like Urby - will cut and paste as much as necessary if he can find/flip a better prospect.......It is what it is.
Heck, if he has to he'll just take some of the no-longer-wanted recruits into a room. Then stare them down as he utters completely irrelevant jibberish until they decide they might be better off to not spend their next 4 years in the midst of that Maize and Blue pile of mis-firing synapses.
th

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: ram2020
Harby collected a bunch of under-recruited kids early in this years cycle, a bunch of them from down south.

[That was all before the BTN decided to interrupt their 24/7 auto-erotic fixation with "Scarlett and Grey".....and went to 12 X 12 daily cycles - 12 hours of masturbation over Scarlet and Grey erotica, and 12 hours devoted to covering the inauguration of Pope Harby the first.]

Plenty of time for some of those kids to develop "academic issues" between now and February.

Seriously.
You know Harby - just like Urby - will cut and paste as much as necessary if he can find/flip a better prospect.......It is what it is.
Heck, if he has to he'll just take some of the no-longer-wanted recruits into a room. Then stare them down as he utters completely irrelevant jibberish until they decide they might be better off to not spend their next 4 years in the midst of that Maize and Blue pile of mis-firing synapses.

Bitter and clueless table for one. Your table is ready sir. :). Holy stretch batman

I believe the B1G rule is no more than 28 in one year. Of course the NCAA rule of 85 scholies still applies, so that will have to be squared away somehow.

How many ways....and how many times....can folks completely NOT KNOW how this works??

th

And yet, insist on "telling everyone" how it works?

If each of these coaches "dominate" their State, we might be in for a tough road ahead.

Seriously.
th

Are you ok?

"Anyone hear any truth to this? Kareem Walker de-commit from OSU to Michigan"
Some factoids:
Kareem Walker is making an unofficial visit to Michigan this weekend.
KW's high school coach is quoted as saying he is staying at OSU
Four star RB Wisconsin verbal is making an unofficial visit to OSU this weekend. (?Walker's replacement?)
Rumors floating (mainly at Michigan) that OSU has given KW ultimatum. "Really commit or go - window is closing"

"Michigan's got 22 commits as of now. They can't go above 25, correct?"

Michigan has somewhere around 18 four star and at least two five star recruits (2016) visiting over the next month or two. Many are currently verbally committed elsewhere. Several of them are DB's and several are TE's. (think that means that Michigan is going to take at least one more TE and at least one more DB). Our DB verbal commit LH is making at least two visits including next weekend. Bottom line is that Michigan is lining up visits with many more 2016 recruits than they have schollies.

"Anyone hear any truth to this? Kareem Walker de-commit from OSU to Michigan"
Some factoids:
Kareem Walker is making an unofficial visit to Michigan this weekend.
KW's high school coach is quoted as saying he is staying at OSU
Four star RB Wisconsin verbal is making an unofficial visit to OSU this weekend. (?Walker's replacement?)
Rumors floating (mainly at Michigan) that OSU has given KW ultimatum. "Really commit or go - window is closing"

"Michigan's got 22 commits as of now. They can't go above 25, correct?"

Michigan has somewhere around 18 four star and at least two five star recruits (2016) visiting over the next month or two. Many are currently verbally committed elsewhere. Several of them are DB's and several are TE's. (think that means that Michigan is going to take at least one more TE and at least one more DB). Our DB verbal commit LH is making at least two visits including next weekend. Bottom line is that Michigan is lining up visits with many more 2016 recruits than they have schollies.

UM mods shot down the ultimatum. And UM can sign above 25, up to 28. There are some commits that will not end up in this class.

If each of these coaches "dominate" their State, we might be in for a tough road ahead.
I'm not too concerned at Michigan dominating in Michigan. Michigan dominating in New Jersey is another story.

It's never official until a kid signs on the dotted line.

I did not hear much whining on this board when Garrett Taylor flipped from UM to PSU last year. Or when the TE from Mass flipped from BC to PSU this year.

UM mods shot down the ultimatum. And UM can sign above 25, up to 28. There are some commits that will not end up in this class.

Exactly!

As I said earlier:

"Harby collected a bunch of under-recruited kids early in this years cycle, a bunch of them from down south.

You know Harby - just like Urby - will cut and paste as much as necessary if he can find/flip a better prospect.......It is what it is."
th

"Michigan Minions".....starring Harby, as himself

th

And don't look now, Harbs is about to flip both Hill and Nordim from us.
"And don't look now, Harbs is about to flip both Hill and Nordim from us."

Michigan has 7 count them 7 2016 DB recruits visiting them. These are recruits that are currently verbally committed to other teams. Hill is only one of them. They are all competing for the same 1 or 2 DB schollies left. I think he wants to flip but he may have to wait until Michigan chooses from the plethora of 4 and 5 star candidates that are knocking on the door right now. Likewise with Nordin.

I did not hear much whining on this board when Garrett Taylor flipped from UM to PSU last year. Or when the TE from Mass flipped from BC to PSU this year.
Some people just don't get it. It is OK for PSU to flip other school's kids. It is not OK to take kids away from PSU.

Exactly!

As I said earlier:

"Harby collected a bunch of under-recruited kids early in this years cycle, a bunch of them from down south.

You know Harby - just like Urby - will cut and paste as much as necessary if he can find/flip a better prospect.......It is what it is."
th

"Michigan Minions".....starring Harby, as himself

th
Welcome to the world of recruiting. It is what it is. Now, I don't know how all this will shake out but there are three recruits I was referring to. Dele Harding is not considered a commit by the staff. It's a weird situation. He has avoided the staff for the past several months knowing what is happening. Matt Falcon has had multiple season ending injuries and may not be physically able to play. Reese is a kid who wants to play LB and Harbaugh recruited him to play FB. There has been plenty of talk that he may look around.

A kid changing his mind.....even if it may be due to being pressured by other coaches.....is one thing.

"Cutting" guys during the recruiting cycle - guys who you recruited, who had "committed" to you - when something "better" comes along......that's a whole 'nuther thing.......and it is becoming "par for the course" among a certain demographic of the highly compensated gym teacher group.

The "College Coaching Profession"? Is that a term destined for the OXYMORON lists.....ala Military Intelligence and Jumbo Shrimp?

Welcome to the world of recruiting. It is what it is. Now, I don't know how all this will shake out but there are three recruits I was referring to. Dele Harding is not considered a commit by the staff. It's a weird situation. He has avoided the staff for the past several months knowing what is happening. Matt Falcon has had multiple season ending injuries and may not be physically able to play. Reese is a kid who wants to play LB and Harbaugh recruited him to play FB. There has been plenty of talk that he may look around.
LOL Of course. Funny how all that stuff just happens.

th

FWIW, to make it clear....I certainly do not feel Harby is the only guy who would do this kind of crap. Far from it. He certainly didn't invent the concept, not even close.

As you said, it is what it is....and - more and more - it is becoming par for the course.

LOL Of course. Funny how all that stuff just happens.

th
Not sure 'how all that stuff just happens'. Not everything UM does is evil.

Harding... committed to Hoke. Harbaugh and staff evaluated and decided he wasn't a good fit. That happens during a coaching change.

Falcon... injured and missed his junior year. knee injury and missed his senior year. It's too bad but a major problem for the kid.

Reese... from day one there was a little unrest about him getting a shot at LB. He has done the camp circuit trying to prove himself. If he finds a school that wants him at LB then there really isn't much the staff can do. His choice.

Just listening to Harbaugh in news conferences is painful. I know Michigan is a historic program, but this guy (or his assistants) must be way more engaging on recruiting trips.

But, it also works both ways. I believe there were reports that Franklin thought Nassib might not fit in with his plans for the team. Things change and that has definitely worked out well for us!!

If a B10 school has more than 28 scholarship players graduate do they have to play the next season under 85?

If a B10 school has more than 28 scholarship players graduate do they have to play the next season under 85?

I'm going to go with yes, they would have to play with under 85.

Chances of that happening are slim though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT