ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone going to the Super Bowl Parade??

just an amazing day at the parade!!!!

the Parkway was wall-to-wall people. I haven't heard official estimates yet of the crowd size, but I suspect they will be lower than the actual number.

people flew in from all over the country to attend the parade, and fans from southeast PA, South Jersey, and Delaware were out in force.

I made an effort to be there super early, and was rewarded by being so close to the Art Museum that I could see the ceremony. The crowd was awesome, and had a fantastic time. I had family members and friends all along the parade route, so I've heard scores of good stories since the parade ended. Somebody I know, who was a female soccer standout, and who played D1 women's soccer on a scholarship, had a sign that read, "I Love Zach Ertz, But I Love Julie More." (Zach is married to Julie Ertz, who is a member of a the US Women's National Team.) Zach saw the sign, got off the bus, asked if he could have the sign, and carried it along with him.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen more people wearing green, and that includes all the Saint Patrick Day parades I've attended.

So nice to finally be able to remove Attend An Eagles Super Bowl Parade from my bucket list. ;)

the Parkway was wall-to-wall people. I haven't heard official estimates yet of the crowd size, but I suspect they will be lower than the actual number.

people flew in from all over the country to attend the parade, and fans from southeast PA, South Jersey, and Delaware were out in force.

I made an effort to be there super early, and was rewarded by being so close to the Art Museum that I could see the ceremony. The crowd was awesome, and had a fantastic time. I had family members and friends all along the parade route, so I've heard scores of good stories since the parade ended. Somebody I know, who was a female soccer standout, and who played D1 women's soccer on a scholarship, had a sign that read, "I Love Zach Ertz, But I Love Julie More." (Zach is married to Julie Ertz, who is a member of a the US Women's National Team.) Zach saw the sign, got off the bus, asked if he could have the sign, and carried it along with him.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen more people wearing green, and that includes all the Saint Patrick Day parades I've attended.

So nice to finally be able to remove Attend An Eagles Super Bowl Parade from my bucket list. ;)
Jealous

Sorry that you couldn't make it, Grant. It would have been worth the flight across the country.

I believe NFL Network broadcast it. CSNPhilly also broadcast it, and should have a lot of video from the parade on their web site.

Traveling on business this week...appreciate all the reports! Wore some Eagles gear on the trip (San Diego and San Francisco) and folks have been genuinely happy that the Eagles won!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Sorry that you couldn't make it, Grant. It would have been worth the flight across the country.

I believe NFL Network broadcast it. CSNPhilly also broadcast it, and should have a lot of video from the parade on their web site.
I was real close to grabbing a flight. I watched every minute on tv though. Glad you made it. Truly a bucket list event.

You're up next PSU.

Regional rail tomorrow
6165d1182749374-how-dangerous-are-indian-trains-overloaded_train_hanging_india.jpg
That was not too far off what it was like for the second Flyers parade in 1975.... Luckily for me and my brother, we lived in Warminster. Anyone trying to get on after that (or maybe Hatboro) was SOL.

Got a decent spot on Logan Square around 9:45. It was fun watching the game on the big screen until 11. The parade got there about 12:45. Everybody's feet were freezing from standing there for 3 hours straight, even with double socks. Once the parade started, we forgot about all of that. Celek lead an Eagles right in front of us when the parade stopped there for a few minutes.

After the parade we were looking for someplace to eat. Just about when we giving up on that, we found a table at Porta Pizza on Chestnut. It was awesome with a full bar. Watched the ceremony on a big screen.

Leaving the city around 4 was really not that much worse than normal rush hour traffic.

The kids, 12, 13 and 15 year old boys loved it. It was a great experience but once is enough for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT