ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone ever run the Bolder Boulder on here ? Calling Coolestfish

cyrizzle

Jan 10, 2010
I will be running the Bolder Boulder on Monday and have heard and read great things about it. It's listed as one of Americas best 10Ks, and is listed as having 50K runners and over 100K spectators. It looks like there will be a lot of fun post-race activity as well. Has anyone on here ever run this race, and if you have, what is your opinion? Coolestfish, I figured you ran in this at some point, or can at least describe what the atmosphere will be like. I am really looking forward to this race, and will be trying to run it in under 40 minutes!

Reactions: fairfaxlion2
I will be running the Bolder Boulder on Monday and have heard and read great things about it. It's listed as one of Americas best 10Ks, and is listed as having 50K runners and over 100K spectators. It looks like there will be a lot of fun post-race activity as well. Has anyone on here ever run this race, and if you have, what is your opinion? Coolestfish, I figured you ran in this at some point, or can at least describe what the atmosphere will be like. I am really looking forward to this race, and will be trying to run it in under 40 minutes!

I'm sure Coolestfish will report in soon. He might be out getting new crocs to wear to the race Monday. ;)

Last edited:
I've run it twice.

You're going to love it! As far as atmosphere - it's a big race that they release people in waves. You have the "professionals" who usually head out first. Then there's the rest of "us" of who want to be competitive but aren't anywhere near professional. There's going to be a ton of people. As far as the atmosphere? It's amazing. First off all, the course itself is great. You wind through the streets of Boulder, past college student housing who will be offering beer, alcohol, shots, throwing water balloons, slip-n-slides, etc. Runners dress up in costumes. I saw a guy who ran the whole race backwards. Another guy who did cartwheels the whole way. Then you finish the race inside the CU football stadium, which will be packed with people. You'll see a lot of tributes, will probably witness an air force flyover. When the race is over, there is a ton of other activities.

The only reason I ran the race twice was for the atmosphere. It was fantastic! Have fun, hopefully the weather holds out as it's been unusually rainy out here for the past week.

Under 40 is an amazing time!

I've run it twice, but not in the last 10 years. It's the most fun 10k I ever took part in, and it's not even close.

Coolestfish, I figured you ran in this at some point

word on the street is that tcf has found that running distance races effects his 40 time. he's so enamored of his 4.4 forty time (more like 4.8, but he pays the folks operating the stop watches), that he refuses to run long distances any more.

just kidding with you, tcf.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT