ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody still watching the AAF?

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
I gave it anther shot last night- bad football, I think Alabama wins the league easily

I’m still following closely, but it’s probably more due to the gambling aspect. But I find it to be an enjoyable brand of football with the lack of commercials and quick pace.

Reactions: step.eng69
I like the game, its gotten better every week. To me, it beats watching basketball.

Mettenberger got injured recently I read. Also I read that the Express signed Johnny Manziel.

I think Alabama wins the league easily

Orlando leads the league at 5-1. The "ole ball coach" has got 'em going. Birmingham looked good in the first few weeks but has slipped a bit since.

I've quit watching the games although I do keep up with the league standings and scores. I guess I was hoping that 1) Hack would become a superstar and/or that 2) Atlanta would be a good team. Since neither one has happened, I've lost interest. There are some things about the league I like, such as the quick pace of the games, and the no-kickoff thing has grown on me. The problem really is the level of play. It's OK but it is too close to being "bad football."

The couple times I've watch Spurrier's teams play he is limping badly and the announcers say he had recent back surgery and that's why. I wonder how recent and if the limp is permanent.

I’ve heard the guys coaching the game really like coaching the players, as for the most part the players ‘take to coaching ‘. For the most part, most of the players had an NFL shot, and didn’t make it. They tried It their way and failed, so now they seem open to trying it the coaches way

The AAF's first championship game will no longer be held in Las Vegas on April 27, as originally planned. Instead, the game will now be played in the Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas -- a 12,000 seat facility owned and operated by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. The facility is currently shared with the Cowboys, the city of Frisco and the Frisco Independent School District.

A statement from the AAF cited Jones' close relationship with the AAF as a primary force behind moving the game. Jones was seen at the NFL combine wearing an AAF hat.

View image on Twitter

Alliance Football Focus@AllianceFF

https://twitter.com/AllianceFF/status/1101522077578915841

Jerry Jones wearing an #AAF hat at the #NFLCombine!#JoinTheAlliance@AAFFleet @aafAPOLLOS @aafcommanders @aafiron @aafexpress @aafstallions @AafLegends @aafhotshots
ilt a foundation of high-quality football, revolutionary technology and world-class partnerships with the NFL, CBS and Turner Sports," said Jones in a statement. "It was only natural that we at the Cowboys organization would want to join that great group of partners. I have always believed that our great game of football could use a league to give players the shot they needed to make it to the NFL, and Bill Polian, Tom Dundon and Charlie Ebersol, have done just that. We are proud to be able to host their inaugural Championship Game."

The statement also noted that the San Antonio Commanders, the AAF's Texas-based team, have been leading the league in attendance.

"Jerry Jones isn't just a close friend of Tom, Charlie and mine, but he is also a great supporter of our league," said Bill Polian, the AAF's head of football. "To be able to showcase our brand of top-flight football on NFL Draft weekend in the state-of-the-art football facility built by Jerry is a Texas-sized win for our league. Texas has played a huge support role in the launch of The Alliance. Our San Antonio Commanders average nearly 30,000 in attendance for home games, and we are sure football fans in Dallas/Fort Worth will support our Championship."

The decision to move the game from Vegas is interesting, to say the least. The AAF has been open about is relationship with betting and one of its key investors is MGM Resorts International. Going from Sam Boyd Stadium in Vegas to the Ford Center is a big drop in seating capacity, as well -- three times, in fact, from 36,000 to 12,000.

However, Frisco is far more centralized for the entire AAF landscape. Additionally, the DFW area has been a mecca for football events, from the Cowboys to college footballbowl/championship games and high school championship games.

"We are eternally grateful to the people and city of Las Vegas as well as Las Vegas Events and the LVCVA for their early support and confidence in what we have created. Not only is Las Vegas the home of our investor and world-class partner, MGM Resorts International, Vegas is the undisputed mecca for live events," said AAF CEO Charlie Ebersol. "While we won't play our championship game in Vegas this year, we will still be offering a one-of-a-kind experience for Alliance fans in Las Vegas during our Championship weekend."

Fans who purchased tickets for the game in Vegas will receive full refunds. Tickets for the new championship game will go on sale on March 28. The game will be broadcast on CBS at 8 p.m. ET.

I watched excuslively for Hack. If any interesting stories emerge, I may tune back in. I hope the league is successful as it’s nice to have more sports viewing options.

Not sure if the Bama comment in regards to winning the league was legit or sarcasm. Let’s be clear. They would get absolutely destroyed in the AAF. These are grown men, not kids, most of which have played in the NFL.

I watched excuslively for Hack. If any interesting stories emerge, I may tune back in. I hope the league is successful as it’s nice to have more sports viewing options.

Not sure if the Bama comment in regards to winning the league was legit or sarcasm. Let’s be clear. They would get absolutely destroyed in the AAF. These are grown men, not kids, most of which have played in the NFL.
I was serious. While it's possible that an AAF team may have one or two players who could play in the NFL (not start, but make a team) Alabama always has several- including some who will start year one.

It's certainly true that no college team can beat the worst NFL team, but this is a far cry from the NFL. So yeah- let's be clear- you are wrong.

I was serious. While it's possible that an AAF team may have one or two players who could play in the NFL (not start, but make a team) Alabama always has several- including some who will start year one.

It's certainly true that no college team can beat the worst NFL team, but this is a far cry from the NFL. So yeah- let's be clear- you are wrong.

Alabama got rolled by Clemson. 80% of these players were in the NFL. There’s a big difference between a 19 year old offensive lineman and 25 year old. How many players on Bamas team make the NFL, less than 50%? I’m not saying there’s no chance and maybe Bama could be competitive, but they would lose most games and have no chance at winning the league. Think about other sports...AAA baseballs team vs College, NBA G League Team vs College, etc...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT