ADVERTISEMENT

Any predictions of what is going to Happen to MSU athletics with this doctor?

I'd like Sparty to fry from all sides but don't think the NCAA will take action in this case unless they put the gymnastics program at MSU on probation. I can not believe the Dean of the School of Osteopathy at MSU still has a job! M L Simon has so far skated as has Holiis , they are covering their asses (they fired or forced the old Gymnastics coach to retire) and doing their best to stay low.. It is beyond me how this situation has basically escaped the national spotlight but then again it is MSU and no one nationally cares.
I can't see how the MSU gymnastics program could be put on probation. It would be as ridiculous as the PSU football program being put on probation. Neither situation had anything to do with the mission of the NCAA even though they tried to twist it to fit Sandusky. The vast majority of people don't pay attention to college gymnastics so Emmert won't waste his time working that PR angle. Delany just cashed in a $20 million bonus so there's no way he's going to rock the boat.

You're certainly right about Lou Anna Simon. How her hypocritical ass still has a job is amazing.

Nothing will be done. I wonder how long Emmert can dodge a press conference where he will be asked point blank about the PSU-MSU comparisons.

He's already said in the past the PSU case is a one-time thing and we'd never see something like that again. He'll lean on that comment when asked.
I guess, if I were the questioner, I would follow up with."How can you reasonably call the PSU issue a one time thing, when less than 6 years later you have essentially the same issue at MSU?"

The MSU situation is far worse that anything that supposedly happened at Penn State. There, administrators received numerous first hand allegations of sexual abuse from known victims against a current employee over the course of several years. Said administrators did next to nothing. Here, administrators were aware of only one accusation against an unknown victim involving a retired employee. The lone witness has given different versions of what he saw and never felt the need to call the police. With no leverage over the retired employee, said administrators notified the charity which the retired employee founded. That charity, which was run by child care experts, did next to nothing.

With all that in mind, the NCAA and B1G will do absolutely nothing to MSU. There's no famous football coach to vilify therefore Emmert and Delany won't be able to milk it for publicity. Also, what is better click bait? A story about a man who molests boys or a story about a man who molests girls?? The blowhards at the NCAA and B1G will never take any serious action regarding sexual assault against females. The faux outrage sounds good in the news though.
If you look behind the curtain, most of the B1G white men at the top likely have relationships with young women (for a fee).

Will they (NCAA) sanction them worse than they did to us. I mean the fact is this perv, was doing it on campus as an active paid employee?
??? No, they will not be, and you should know that from Corman v NCAA. I find this kind of talk to be rather hypocritical. PSU people should not want anything like that to happen to any school, ever again.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I'd like Sparty to fry from all sides but don't think the NCAA will take action in this case unless they put the gymnastics program at MSU on probation. I can not believe the Dean of the School of Osteopathy at MSU still has a job! M L Simon has so far skated as has Holiis , they are covering their asses (they fired or forced the old Gymnastics coach to retire) and doing their best to stay low.. It is beyond me how this situation has basically escaped the national spotlight but then again it is MSU and no one nationally cares.
Quite disingenuous to say this has "escaped the national spotlight". It hasn't. It's out there front and center, on ESPN and elsewhere, with all the same "Sports" people acting as stupidly as they did wrt the Sandusky case, and trying to blame this on everyone but the POC predator.

??? No, they will not be, and you should know that from Corman v NCAA. I find this kind of talk to be rather hypocritical. PSU people should not want anything like that to happen to any school, ever again.
So we should be the only school to get the shaft under the guise of lack of institutional control? We should forever be the poster child for culture run amok? If my son got kicked off a team (even if unjustly) for something like missing class because he was sick, then I would fully expect the next player that missed a class to get kicked off, even if I didn't agree with the rule.

So we should be the only school to get the shaft under the guise of lack of institutional control? We should forever be the poster child for culture run amok? If my son got kicked off a team (even if unjustly) for something like missing class because he was sick, then I would fully expect the next player that missed a class to get kicked off, even if I didn't agree with the rule.
You aren't the only school to get an incorrect LOIC.

And we got it worse than pretty much anyone else.
Which is why people from other schools as well as your own started shouting about the utter audacity of the NCAA very loudly and very publicly! From the very beginning. I can name 5 or 6 of those off the top of my head...

Reactions: humpydudas19
We're talking about the doctor here, but please take this opportunity to remember that michigan state also has a culture problem within its football program.

Which is why people from other schools as well as your own started shouting about the utter audacity of the NCAA very loudly and very publicly! From the very beginning. I can name 5 or 6 of those off the top of my head...
It still didn't help us...we got screwed badly.

Nothing will be done. I wonder how long Emmert can dodge a press conference where he will be asked point blank about the PSU-MSU comparisons.
The MSU womens gymnastics program will be dealt some severe penalties and likely LOIC due to the way the NCAA handled the PSU FB case they'll want it to look similar, Also I'd bet the school president and AD will be gone rather soon.

I guess, if I were the questioner, I would follow up with."How can you reasonably call the PSU issue a one time thing, when less than 6 years later you have essentially the same issue at MSU?"

Simple. He is admitting it is a legal issue and out of his jurisdiction.

And we got it worse than pretty much anyone else.

What did you expect? If you want to push success with honor and you have kids getting raped in the s
Absolutely nothing

If they did ANYTHING substantive, I would be shocked

Just as - if not for the actions of the PSU BOT and various and sundry other Scoundrels - there would have been absolutely no meaningful NCAA action vav PSU football.

Bull. THe Ncaa wanted the death penalty . 7 B10 titles so far this year. Not too shabby.

You don't market your way out of a rape scandal. IF it was not for the actions of JOE, MM, Curley, Shultz and Spanier there would have been no meaningful NCAA actions.

The MSU womens gymnastics program will be dealt some severe penalties and likely LOIC due to the way the NCAA handled the PSU FB case they'll want it to look similar, Also I'd bet the school president and AD will be gone rather soon.
You really believe any of that?

Reactions: Fizz1
You don't market your way out of a rape scandal. IF it was not for the actions of JOE, MM, Curley, Shultz and Spanier there would have been no meaningful NCAA actions.
Really? Well damn, if what those guys did warranted NCAA sanctions then MSU should get hammered 100 times worse. They received numerous first hand complaints over the course of several years and did nothing. To echo the criticism people level at C/S/S, how hard would it have been for one of the people at MSU to pick up a telephone and call the police? And if you claim it wasn't their responsibility and instead the phone call should have been made by the victim/witness then you've completely exonerated C/S/S and dumped responsibility back onto McQueary.

What did you expect? If you want to push success with honor and you have kids getting raped in the s

Bull. THe Ncaa wanted the death penalty . 7 B10 titles so far this year. Not too shabby.

^^^^ At any point - were there two or more consecutive cogent words in there?

Reactions: NittPicker
You really believe any of that?
The president and AD being removed I do. As to the other I think it's a pretty good chance. The coach literally ignored multiple complaints and tried to hide the fact that she even was aware of the complaints. If the NCAA does nothing the optics Nationwide would look pretty bad.

Really? Well damn, if what those guys did warranted NCAA sanctions then MSU should get hammered 100 times worse. They received numerous first hand complaints over the course of several years and did nothing. To echo the criticism people level at C/S/S, how hard would it have been for one of the people at MSU to pick up a telephone and call the police? And if you claim it wasn't their responsibility and instead the phone call should have been made by the victim/witness then you've completely exonerated C/S/S and dumped responsibility back onto McQueary.

Are you saying MSU handled it worse than the PSU BOT? THey did.

The NCAA knows they F'ed up with PSU they know this is a legal matter at MSU. They are going to stay out of it regardless of what MSU did.

Knock michigan state back to the stone age. :eek:

Are you saying MSU handled it worse than the PSU BOT? THey did.

The NCAA knows they F'ed up with PSU they know this is a legal matter at MSU. They are going to stay out of it regardless of what MSU did.
I'm not saying anything of the sort so I'd appreciate you not putting word in my mouth. You're implying the PSU admins did less than the average person would have done in the same situation. Judging with the benefit of hindsight makes everyone sound smart. That doesn't change the fact MSU received numerous first hand complaints and did nothing. Nobody seems to care. PSU received one nebulous ear witness account and people wanted to shut down the university. The double standard is what pisses so many of us off.

I disagree that it is essentially the same issue. At PSU, school officials received a watered down report of horseplay and passed it on to the suspects employer... a mandatory reporter, who did nothing with it. At MSU, they received countless complaints of abuse that they actively covered up, likely to protect the football program.

Who was raped in the shower on campus? I'll save you some research... no one.

What a load of BS. Just because C/S pled guilty to a parking ticket to move on with their lives doesn't justify 6 year old NCAA sanctions. You have one of the worst cases of revisionist history I have ever seen.

Why did you put "JOE" in all caps? He's the only one we know for sure did the right thing in this mess.

I disagree that it is essentially the same issue. At PSU, school officials received a watered down report of horseplay and passed it on to the suspects employer... a mandatory reporter, who did nothing with it. At MSU, they received countless complaints of abuse that they actively covered up, likely to protect the football program.

Who was raped in the shower on campus? I'll save you some research... no one.

What a load of BS. Just because C/S pled guilty to a parking ticket to move on with their lives doesn't justify 6 year old NCAA sanctions. You have one of the worst cases of revisionist history I have ever seen.

Why did you put "JOE" in all caps? He's the only one we know for sure did the right thing in this mess.
I don't disagree I think it was obvious some administrators ignored multiple complaints. However "At MSU, they received countless complaints ofabuse that they actively covered up, likely to protect the football program." How would this be to protect the football program? Nassar had absolutely nothing to do with MSU football ever.

I don't disagree I think it was obvious some administrators ignored multiple complaints. However "At MSU, they received countless complaints ofabuse that they actively covered up, likely to protect the football program." How would this be to protect the football program? Nassar had absolutely nothing to do with MSU football ever.
It makes as much sense as saying anyone at Penn State was trying to protect football.

Reactions: pandaczar12
It makes as much sense as saying anyone at Penn State was trying to protect football.[/QUOTE well one predator actually was part of the football program at some point and allegedly committed a crime in a football building (not saying anything what's true or not as far as Sandusky and PSU football) the other had absolutely nothing to do with MSUs football program in anyway, at any point in time. The situations are not really equivalent

Was Lu Ann Simon ...........one of them? She had a heads up and apparently..............................

Then they were trying to protect Michigan football and the legacy of Bo Schembechler who helped launch Larry Nassar's career. Because foosball. And culture.

As NittPicker already said "It makes as much sense as saying anyone at Penn State was trying to protect football."

One could argue that bad press for a school is bad press for the football team. This guy was current employee of MSU working with MSU athletes. Sandusky was retired.

In the case of PSU, it as a big name school with the biggest name coach possible. It was all done for ratings. Fortunately for MSU, no one cares about them.

Reactions: Judge Smails
As NittPicker already said "It makes as much sense as saying anyone at Penn State was trying to protect football."

One could argue that bad press for a school is bad press for the football team. This guy was current employee of MSU working with MSU athletes. Sandusky was retired.

In the case of PSU, it as a big name school with the biggest name coach possible. It was all done for ratings. Fortunately for MSU, no one cares about them.
Again the situations as far as the football programs were concerned aren't comparble in anyway. Sandusky was in his predatory phase while employed by the PSU (again im not saying anything about PSUs culpability with regards to Sandusky) as was Nassar while working with various MSU programs (neither FB or Bball). Izzo and MSU b-ball would be a huge name to take down but it's impossible to do when the suspect had absolutely nothing to do with his program at any point in time past or present.

Again the situations as far as the football programs were concerned aren't comparble in anyway. Sandusky was in his predatory phase while employed by the PSU (again im not saying anything about PSUs culpability with regards to Sandusky) as was Nassar while working with various MSU programs (neither FB or Bball). Izzo and MSU b-ball would be a huge name to take down but it's impossible to do when the suspect had absolutely nothing to do with his program at any point in time past or present.
Lets just "roll tape" for a while..........

We can sit back and see just how big of a douchebag "thetruth82" can be.

Maybe he'll use the term "optics" again :)

ADVERTISEMENT