ADVERTISEMENT

Any other deer or bear hunters here?

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
I’m sitting in a blind at our camp now waiting for sunrise….

Shot a bear at 10:50 on Saturday. Then after lunch took him to the bear check at Jersey Shore and got back in time to get a shower before settling in with a Rolling Rock before the game started.

My bear was estimated at 162 lbs live, and another camp member got a 420 pounder. Only 7 total at bear check at 3:00 pm Saturday including our two.

It’s more of a “lodge” than a camp, with a direct tv dish…..

The bear is pretty much for the wall, but now it’s time to put some meat on the table….

I got a pretty nice 7 point Saturday.

My cousin shot a hammer 10 point Sunday. He's going to the taxidermist.

Along with those of us who got deer in archery, im heading out to play dog for the others. Although I will shoot a doe if I get a chance.

Just got a picture of a big 8 point my oldest son just shot.
That’s a start for the freezer, although we need 40 lbs of deboned for the hot dogs we like to get made. And I have that assessment from my brother who’s in the hospital after having to get a toe amputated.

Congrats on the bear, and 7 point. I shot a 9 point and my wife got a huge 8 point bigger than anything I ever shot.

I get Lebanon bologna made at Peachey's in Belleville Pa. The large roll then slice it like lunch meat, it's so good, and way better than the store bought stuff, healthy too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT