ADVERTISEMENT

Anticipated Olympic Weights

WPB_lion

Jun 5, 2001
What weight classes are J'den Cox and Kyle Dake going to be competing at for the Olympic Trials? I was wondering who David Taylor's competition is going to be.

Cox 97
Dake 74

Dake knows how close he is to Burroughs. He'll have a ton of confidence if he does as well as we all expect these next two years.

Cox simply can't make 86 with day of weigh-ins.

Cox 97
Dake 74

Dake knows how close he is to Burroughs. He'll have a ton of confidence if he does as well as we all expect these next two years.

Cox simply can't make 86 with day of weigh-ins.

Although that seems to be the common refrain when discussing what weight Cox will wrestle, he has stated he is going 86 at Oly Trials.

Although that seems to be the common refrain when discussing what weight Cox will wrestle, he has stated he is going 86 at Oly Trials.
Must've missed that one. So much can happen in 2 years.

Cox plan is to drop to 86kg for 2020 then be done and become a creative writing teacher at a deaf school.He is deaf in 1 ear which happened to him in college his father is also deaf its something hereditary

Reactions: lionlover
Speaking of which: I thought that he was going to play for Missouri after his college wrestling career ended? Abandoned plan apparently?

I don't remember ever hearing that, but he would have had to play last season as he now is out of eligibility.

I don't remember ever hearing that, but he would have had to play last season as he now is out of eligibility.
He did work out with the team and talk it over with the coach after the Olympics, but nothing came of it, if I recall. Creative writing at a deaf school is probably the most J'den reason for retiring imaginable. I'm glad he and DT are different weights for at least a year: dude is awfully hard to hate on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT