ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Cassar talks to WGRC about Penn State wrestling and his faith.

Really hope both he and Shak end up back here next year.. I get why one would want out but their competition pushing each other is great for the team..

Reactions: Ja1339
Raptor has all the tools, great strength and an elite neutral game. As I have said before if he can wrestle more aggressive with the aim to pile up the points with catch and release earlier in his matches his few late third period close match losses will be a thing of the past. I think one more year away from his injuries will strengthen his game even more. He can become just plain dominant of he wants it bad enough.

He delivered probably the biggest clutch match I have ever witnessed for the team in beating Moore on the big stage with everything riding on his broad shoulders. I will forever remember that one - just plain awesome, and the perfect setup for Nevills to deliver his gem as well.

No knock against Shack whatsoever but I see another early season duel between the two, but this time with Cassar taking the prize at the end and winning the spot for Big10s and Nationals. I will go a step further in my crystal ball and predict a top 3 finish at Nationals with a very realistic chance at a national championship. The man is a stud, and 2018/2019 is his time.

He comes off as a bright, well grounded young man. Many people would have carried more bitterness for how his season ended.
I think a testament to Anthony's team first character was shown at the PSU wrestling award's banquet on Sunday when he was sitting next to Shakur Rasheed at a table full of wrestlers.
As a fan, I feel so blessed to be able to watch these guys compete throughout the season. I have come to realize that being great wrestlers are only a small part of who they are but being great men and examples we can all take pride in adds to the blessing. They definitely follow their coaches lead as men of integrity and first class people!

Some additional information is the Buffalo Valley Church of the Brethern is located in Miffilinburg, PA.

Thanks for posting. This young man is centered and gracious. Considering the disappointment of not wrestling at the NCAA's he still has a great attitude and now I more fully understand why. Thrilled he is with the team.

Reactions: creamery freak
Can't say no to bacon.
Visited Loveland Co for a long weekend, and went to Door 222 for Happy Hour Saturday. Had these appetizers,and they were great! Awesome local beer as well

Bacon Wrapped Dates / Stuffed With Marcona Almonds / 8

OK, I have to ask, why does a person need 138 pounds of cheese?

Because there are so many different kinds of cheese. ;)
We smoked several varieties including: swiss, hot swiss, cooper yellow & cooper white, cooper black pepper, sharp cheddar, pepperoni, bacon black pepper, horseradish, thunder jack, hot pepper, mozzarella, garlic, green onion and experimented with smoking some horseradish mayonnaise (turned out great).
The main answer is that I give a lot away as gifts, and almost half of this batch belonged to friends who helped.

Because there are so many different kinds of cheese. ;)
We smoked several varieties including: swiss, hot swiss, cooper yellow & cooper white, cooper black pepper, sharp cheddar, pepperoni, bacon black pepper, horseradish, thunder jack, hot pepper, mozzarella, garlic, green onion and experimented with smoking some horseradish mayonnaise (turned out great).
The main answer is that I give a lot away as gifts, and almost half of this batch belonged to friends who helped.
Please tell me more about this hot swiss? I'm assuming she's blonde, no?

In all seriousness, what is hot swiss? Your own brand?

lol. It is a standard baby swiss cheese with small pieces of hot pepper within. I buy it like this. It's not super hot, but has a nice kick.
Smoked hot swiss remains one of my all time favorites.
Most cheese is purchased in 5 pound blocks, but the swiss can vary and is typically 6-7 pounds per block and 2 blocks per box. I've purchased from several sources, but you should see the look on a sales lady's face when I ask to order over a hundred pounds of cheese.

lol. It is a standard baby swiss cheese with small pieces of hot pepper within. I buy it like this. It's not super hot, but has a nice kick.
Smoked hot swiss remains one of my all time favorites.
Most cheese is purchased in 5 pound blocks, but the swiss can vary and is typically 6-7 pounds per block and 2 blocks per box. I've purchased from several sources, but you should see the look on a sales lady's face when I ask to order over a hundred pounds of cheese.
I'm a newby smoker. I bought a house with a built in Primo smoker, and have just tried it once. I'm not nearly bold enough at this point to commit hundred of dollars to smoking stuff. $60 of brisket is enough to experiment with and not go bankrupt.

Reactions: d-1980
d-1980, I love my cheese but never heard of Cooper Chesee until I was at the Creamery on Sunday. They had Cooper Sharp American Cheese so I bought some. I have yet to open it as I'm now eating an English cheese Barbers sweet red grass fed cheddar.

I love the Creamery for their hot pepper cheese. It is soft, creamy and has some bite to it.

Wow are we in the off season .

Reactions: d-1980
As to Anthony, if you listen to Cody's interview on Matchat on another Thread, he discusses the wrestle off and selection of Rasheed for the post season. He said they and all coaches worry about what happens to the team chemistry and at times, those situations can get toxic when the choice is made. He gave Anthony credit for his handling of the situation.

Anthony has great character and we are lucky to have him here. I still believe we had three guys at 197 who could each have been All-Americans.

Tell me how you like it. I have had one for a couple of years now.

Do you like yours? I got mine on the advice of a good friend who has gone through a few different kinds. Seems really easy to use. Brining my pork tonight!

Do you like yours? I got mine on the advice of a good friend who has gone through a few different kinds. Seems really easy to use. Brining my pork tonight!
Love it but I like using charcoal. Some folks I know do use wood in it. I like hanging the meat and you can really load it up. Ribs are not the best from the Pitt Barrel, they simple are not in there long enough. The chicken and brisket are amazing. I find the flavor is better with bigger cuts of meat like 10lbs or more.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Raptor has all the tools, great strength and an elite neutral game. As I have said before if he can wrestle more aggressive with the aim to pile up the points with catch and release earlier in his matches his few late third period close match losses will be a thing of the past. I think one more year away from his injuries will strengthen his game even more. He can become just plain dominant of he wants it bad enough.

He delivered probably the biggest clutch match I have ever witnessed for the team in beating Moore on the big stage with everything riding on his broad shoulders. I will forever remember that one - just plain awesome, and the perfect setup for Nevills to deliver his gem as well.

No knock against Shack whatsoever but I see another early season duel between the two, but this time with Cassar taking the prize at the end and winning the spot for Big10s and Nationals. I will go a step further in my crystal ball and predict a top 3 finish at Nationals with a very realistic chance at a national championship. The man is a stud, and 2018/2019 is his time.
Geat post Goggles....Gave you a like.

Yes. Cassar would score us some needed points at Nationals....Very good on his feet !!!! Hope he gets to wrestle off soon with Rasheed...Cael seems to have a like for Rasheed for work ethic....Cassar is our answer at 197....IMO

Real question is if you are AA level talent would you rather be a backup in the best program or transfer elsewhere to start? Tough spot

If you understand the mindset of top level wrestlers, the answer is you want to be the starter at the best program if it is within reach. With Cassar it is. Did all those Iowa backups when Gable was coach bail on the program if they couldn't quite crack the lineup?

A kid like Jordan Pagano, for example, was never in that position at Penn State so it made sense for him to transfer. And this year has shown he can't find a place in the lineup at a program that doesn't even have AA caliber wrestlers at his weight. So there was no way he was making the starting lineup at PSU unless guys were seriously injured.

I'm curing bacon as we speak.
Just thought you smokers might want an update.

I cured almost ten pounds of pork belly in a salt/sugar/syrup recipe for five days this week, and smoked it for four hours this morning. El cheapo vertical charcoal smoker, with a water bowl, with hickory chunks. Just finished some off in the microwave to test it.

Mrspawrestlers just said she may never buy store-bought or butcher-shop bacon again.

ADVERTISEMENT