ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Bourdain suicide...

I've watched a few of these Pre-Season NFL games and how they (Godell and CO.) manage to screw up an almost perfect game is mind boggling.
There are now more flags and stoppages than ever before. This new tackling rule is about as clear as last years "Catch" rule.
Unbelievable. I will probably be watching even less this year and, for me, its got nothing to do with kneeling, standing, sitting...whatever, its the fact that they are making this unwatchable. :mad:

Nothing that the NFL has done thus far has changed how much I watch or enjoy the games. But what I've seen this preseason from the new tackling rule may make me stop watching. You can't tackle a professional football player in the open field by addressing them standing perfectly upright. And if you aren't perfectly upright, then you have to lower your head and lead with it (unless someone knows how to get your shoulders in front of your head). So essentially every tackle could potentially be called under this rule. And it will just be arbitrarily called with no rhyme or reason, and games will be decided as a result. It will ruin the game.

Nothing that the NFL has done thus far has changed how much I watch or enjoy the games. But what I've seen this preseason from the new tackling rule may make me stop watching. You can't tackle a professional football player in the open field by addressing them standing perfectly upright. And if you aren't perfectly upright, then you have to lower your head and lead with it (unless someone knows how to get your shoulders in front of your head). So essentially every tackle could potentially be called under this rule. And it will just be arbitrarily called with no rhyme or reason, and games will be decided as a result. It will ruin the game.

I just don’t understand why this is such an issue in the NFL. In rugby you have to tackle with your shoulder and wrap the person up. Why can’t the NFL adopt a similar rule?

Edit: You know what, never mind. The problem is the game itself largely because of passing. In rugby you don’t have guys catching a ball and another guy 200 plus pounds barreling down on them at full speed and slamming into them full force. It’s just the way the game is set up and as these players get bigger and faster it’s just going to cause more and more damage to their bodies. The human body wasn’t meant to absorb that that kind of impact once once let alone repeatedly game after game, year after year.

Last edited:
Yikes. news out today is that Argento paid a kid $380,000 to keep quiet about an affair when he was just 17. One gets the idea that Hollywood is just a snake pit with a mixture of ambitious sycophants and narcissistic predators. Throw in some hard drugs for good measure.

Which is worse, the Catholic Church or Hollywood?
Well Obliviax, IMO the Catholic Church is worse for the simple fact that they claim to be serving in the name of Jesus. Hollywood makes no such claim, though they are just as hypocritical.

ADVERTISEMENT