ADVERTISEMENT

Another Tomlin coached team playing DOWN to the level of their competition.

it amazes me how the Steelers can have five sacks in the first half and then go almost the entire second half without one and yet the Broncos only get one holding call toward the end of the game. it really almost seems to me that refs call games to keep them close sometimes

Reactions: TheGLOV
Talk about playing down- Atlanta just absolutely collapsed at Dallas. Ridiculous onside kick coverage by Atlanta.

I can't take this players coach!

:mad:

And he really SUCKS AT CHALLENGES!!

I'm not sure thats on Tomlin. The Steelers defense is over rated. All they can do is rush the passer. Their Secondary is still iffy, Their OL is average at best and neither Snell or Connor have any kind of speed. Well maybe some of it is because he's the one doing the drafting. But I do like their WR's and Ben looks pretty damn good so there's that. ;)

I'm not sure thats on Tomlin. The Steelers defense is over rated. All they can do is rush the passer. Their Secondary is still iffy, Their OL is average at best and neither Snell or Connor have any kind of speed. Well maybe some of it is because he's the one doing the drafting. But I do like their WR's and Ben looks pretty damn good so there's that. ;)
In a league that creates all the rules to favor the Offense, the Steelers D is pretty good...there are no more all-time defenses anymore. Also, when healthy, their OL is better than average. Otherwise, agreed with GLOV that these Steelers play to the level of their competition, and have for some time.

I’d feel better about their potential if they had a legit shut down corner. Then again, you have to be able to score a ton of points in the modern game, so maybe if Ben stays healthy and the young guys develop (like what I’ve seen from Claypool so far), then they can out score a bunch of opponents? Teams that make long runs stay relatively healthy, especially down the stretch, so time will tell.

Reactions: BBrown
In today's game a "great defense is one that holds the other team under 20 points. This is what the Steelers have, so to win, all hands need to be on deck. Today the run game broke down but we got just enough from Ben and the kids at wr.

I’d feel better about their potential if they had a legit shut down corner. Then again, you have to be able to score a ton of points in the modern game, so maybe if Ben stays healthy and the young guys develop (like what I’ve seen from Claypool so far), then they can out score a bunch of opponents? Teams that make long runs stay relatively healthy, especially down the stretch, so time will tell.
I don't believe there are any true shut down guys any more m

In a league that creates all the rules to favor the Offense, the Steelers D is pretty good...there are no more all-time defenses anymore. Also, when healthy, their OL is better than average. Otherwise, agreed with GLOV that these Steelers play to the level of their competition, and have for some time.

Thats probably true about great defenses but The Ravens seem to do it fairly consistently.
I'm hoping that its not having any preseason games and probably limited practice that is making the Steeler's secondary look worse than it is. But I saw too many Bronco WR's open.
Hopefully the OL can get healthy cause right now they just are ok.
But on the plus side Ben and the WR's looked pretty good.
And yes its also true they do seem to play to the competition level.

Regardless, been having the same issues for as long as I can remember. Cannot close out games.

I can't take this players coach!

:mad:

And he really SUCKS AT CHALLENGES!!

Andy Reid should be fired for going to O.T vs the Chargers and a rookie QB.. Mahomes blows.

Christ, calm down. They played their best game in a long time yesterday. Ben first home game, I am sure he is still a tad rusty with no preseason and limited practices, D looked good, Conner had his best game in a while. Claypool emerged.

They should beat Houston next Sunday, it will be close, but should be 3-0..

Andy Reid should be fired for going to O.T vs the Chargers and a rookie QB.. Mahomes blows.

Christ, calm down. They played their best game in a long time yesterday. Ben first home game, I am sure he is still a tad rusty with no preseason and limited practices, D looked good, Conner had his best game in a while. Claypool emerged.

They should beat Houston next Sunday, it will be close, but should be 3-0..

I'll disagree with you about the defense. I saw way too many Denver WR's that were open and the pass rush and blitz were not effective in the second half. That was not Lamar Jackson playing for Denver.
Houston is horrible so if the past is prologue The Steelers will win by a TD.
The good news is the Steeler schedule is not very difficult except for said Ravens and I think The Brown's will challenge.
Also it will help to get Descastro back.
I really like the new kids at WR.

Thats probably true about great defenses but The Ravens seem to do it fairly consistently.
I'm hoping that its not having any preseason games and probably limited practice that is making the Steeler's secondary look worse than it is. But I saw too many Bronco WR's open.
Hopefully the OL can get healthy cause right now they just are ok.
But on the plus side Ben and the WR's looked pretty good.
And yes its also true they do seem to play to the competition level.
As good as Kevin Colbert is at drafting lineman linebackers and Wr’s his history of ineptitude drafting db’s is incredible.

As good as Kevin Colbert is at drafting lineman linebackers and Wr’s his history of ineptitude drafting db’s is incredible.

+100. and really its only been with in the last couple of years that his drafting LB'rs got better. Up until Shazier there were some horrible first round busts.

Defense looks great. Offense is OK. Snell has to hold onto the ball; there is no other job when running the ball with 8 minutes in the game up by two scores....that is pop warner stuff there.

The only thing standing between the Steelers and a division title is Lamar Jackson.

I'll disagree with you about the defense. I saw way too many Denver WR's that were open and the pass rush and blitz were not effective in the second half. That was not Lamar Jackson playing for Denver.
Houston is horrible so if the past is prologue The Steelers will win by a TD.
The good news is the Steeler schedule is not very difficult except for said Ravens and I think The Brown's will challenge.
Also it will help to get Descastro back.
I really like the new kids at WR.

You're correct they are blitzing over half the time through 2 games.

And the Steeler will be 3-0 after they beat Houston

it amazes me how the Steelers can have five sacks in the first half and then go almost the entire second half without one and yet the Broncos only get one holding call toward the end of the game. it really almost seems to me that refs call games to keep them close sometimes

I'm pretty sure this happens all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT