ADVERTISEMENT

Another PR blunder by psu

You see -this is one of the major problems with you people. You think you get to dictate what is and what isn’t racist or aggressive.

You don’t. It’s not your call.
No, I just worry about who gets to determine what is and isn’t allowed to be said. Who draws the line? You?

Seems that he was smart enough to talk his talk when driving right by, would he say the same thing walking by instead? That is calculation, as in knowing they can berate from a safe distance or easy get away. Not so tough me thinks if hes standing face to face with the targeted audience.
There’s no doubt he wouldn’t have said it in a face to face encounter....which makes him a coward, not smart.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
They deserve all the misery they’re going to get....that’s pretty close. So if the misery is their son dying then they deserve it? You did say they deserve ALL the misery they’re going to get.
you seem to like putting words in other people's mouths, you shouldn't do that becasue two or more can play that game

If I'm going to suggest that somebody should die, you can rely on me to say just that, not to beat around the bush about it

Reactions: step.eng69
you seem to like putting words in other people's mouths, you shouldn't do that becasue two or more can play that game

If I'm going to suggest that somebody should die, you can rely on me to say just that, not to beat around the bush about it
Well, that’s what it seemed like you were saying. Maybe I took your post too literally.

This isn't PSU's problem until someone makes it their problem, which has apparently already happened. PSU didn't utter the offensive phrase, but they are well-within their right to expel the student for conduct unbecoming of PSU's values.

I won't be surprised if Key Bank is pressured / strongly encouraged to discipline the father for the same reason.

After reading Key Bank's Code of Conduct policy, the father will likely be severely reprimanded or possibly even terminated. Employees sign these agreements (with annual renewals/acknowledgment forms) and then forget they did so.

1. Remember, conduct that is unprofessional
    or harms Key’s reputation is not tolerated and could result in disciplinary action, including termination of your employment.
http://investor.key.com/Cache/IRCache/0ce977aa-9c36-ee9d-0758-cbc078dc3240.PDF?O=PDF&T=&Y=&D=&FID=0ce977aa-9c36-ee9d-0758-cbc078dc3240&iid=100334

how is the father related to this? not sure how there would be any connection, or that he works at Key Bank, assuming that is fact.

how is the father related to this? not sure how there would be any connection, or that he works at Key Bank, assuming that is fact.
The father became involved when his wife tweeted that the husband, not the son, yelled the words.

The father is in the car laughing and smiling while his kid is yelling the nword and saying the klan is coming. Or he’s laughing and smiling while simultaneously shouting the nword and saying the clan is coming. Father is also a psu alum, and piece of shit.

Sounds like they’re trying to cover their son’s ass.

That doesn't really work when the mom tweeted that the son apologized to her for saying the things, then outrage builds and she deletes that tweet and says her husband in the one that said them.

Reactions: Sproul and AWS1022
Stupid was when my friend publicly urinated in rite aid. Calling a black protester the n-word from a moving car is hate. Calling that stupid is an insult to stupid people.

Those are some parents. And the kid wasn’t smart enough to reject their antiquated racist beliefs, he’s doubled down. Ironically, I’m sure they high fived every time Saquon or KJ scored a TD.

Throw him out— I’m sure Penn State will— just have to follow their processes, and I am sure their legal is figuring it out. If I were him, Penn State is last place to show his ugly racist face— he would get beat up—- I don’t think the racists understand that we are at a turning point in American history— the current President has given cover to the extremists— just see who they worship and whose hat he is wearing

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
The father was the one driving the damn car. Do you think this kid just decided to be racist out of nowhere, while he's riding in the Jeep with the doors off flying an american flag in the back? Father and Son clearly left the home with the intention of harassing the protesters - there are other videos of the Jeep harassing protesters at other times in the day, too, so it wasn't just an isolated incident.

I don’t mean to keep this ugly story unnecessarily going on this board, but I just read this statement from the young man and had some thoughts:

The videos and images falsely depicted me in using racial slurs against peaceful protestors in my home town. I was in the passenger seat with an American flag, and said nothing racist nor derogatory toward any individual. Some of the people at the protest were friends I graduated high school with, in which I would never disown in such horrible ways. Please look at all the facts before assuming anything. The one in which did use these derogatory terms was the driver of the Jeep.

A couple of thoughts - 1) According to him, it was his dad (clearly the driver according to the pictures) who used the racial slurs...did he just throw his old man under the bus? and 2) Is his poor grammar alone grounds for expulsion?

I don’t mean to keep this ugly story unnecessarily going on this board, but I just read this statement from the young man and had some thoughts:

The videos and images falsely depicted me in using racial slurs against peaceful protestors in my home town. I was in the passenger seat with an American flag, and said nothing racist nor derogatory toward any individual. Some of the people at the protest were friends I graduated high school with, in which I would never disown in such horrible ways. Please look at all the facts before assuming anything. The one in which did use these derogatory terms was the driver of the Jeep.

A couple of thoughts - 1) According to him, it was his dad (clearly the driver according to the pictures) who used the racial slurs...did he just throw his old man under the bus? and 2) Is his poor grammar alone grounds for expulsion?

So mom and kid blame the dad?

Great family.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r

He makes it sound like he was on a city bus and some random guy next to him yelled something.

so he’s the kinda guy that lets his dad yell derogatory statements at his high school buddies?

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
This isn't PSU's problem until someone makes it their problem, which has apparently already happened. PSU didn't utter the offensive phrase, but they are well-within their right to expel the student for conduct unbecoming of PSU's values.

I won't be surprised if Key Bank is pressured / strongly encouraged to discipline the father for the same reason.

After reading Key Bank's Code of Conduct policy, the father will likely be severely reprimanded or possibly even terminated. Employees sign these agreements (with annual renewals/acknowledgment forms) and then forget they did so.

1. Remember, conduct that is unprofessional
    or harms Key’s reputation is not tolerated and could result in disciplinary action, including termination of your employment.
http://investor.key.com/Cache/IRCache/0ce977aa-9c36-ee9d-0758-cbc078dc3240.PDF?O=PDF&T=&Y=&D=&FID=0ce977aa-9c36-ee9d-0758-cbc078dc3240&iid=100334

Penn State says they can't expel him for his comments.

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/campus/article_d1677c24-a535-11ea-af37-47857c5f63d4.html

Reactions: BW Lion
Penn State just posted on Twitter that they can’t expel student. They are always prosecuting students for breaking code of conduct. This President’s club donor just sent an email to president@psu.edu about having second thoughts about the endowment we were planning to set up, as We Are needs to stand for something.

It's clear his father shouted the racial slur a couple times. What's not so clear to me is what he's yelling. One of the eyewitness girls right there said he's yelling about the Klan. If he did, that's enough for me to tar him with the same vile racist brush his father richly deserves but I can't tell from this video what he actually said. Whatever it was, he was certainly excited to be taunting the protestors.

Last edited:
Reactions: mn78psu83
I mean it makes sense. A school receiving federal funds can't prosecute someone for expressing their first amendment rights.

I mean it makes sense. A school receiving federal funds can't prosecute someone for expressing their first amendment rights.
This is true, but if I’m that kid, I’m looking to start over somewhere far from home...life could get rough for him on campus with the rep he’s earned.

Oh, and yet again - he threw his dad under the bus (and not because he’s a racist prick, but rather to cover his own lying ass).

Reactions: Nitt1300
I wish I had that much latitude, but unfortunately I don't. I would assume, based on your comment, you feel some way concerned that I have more authority than say....you. But I don't. (I am just as surprised about this as you are).
On this, you and I agree.

ADVERTISEMENT