ADVERTISEMENT

[Another] Piazza Suit

Your right. :rolleyes:

This latest incident is the first time Penn State leadership has used OPM to satisfy their own desires.
Obviously :)
The issue was never whether I was right. It was whether you could understand simple written English. Ok....."no" it is then.

Is there any information out there about his toxicology results?
I just googled, and while I don’t see any references to specific toxicology results, I do see references to the piazzas attorney getting on his high horse about “no illegal drugs” in piazzas system, which of course is confirmation that the toxicology results reveal the presence of “legal” drugs.

Reactions: First Last
I just googled, and while I don’t see any references to specific toxicology results, I do see references to the piazzas attorney getting on his high horse about “no illegal drugs” in piazzas system, which of course is confirmation that the toxicology results reveal the presence of “legal” drugs.
Maybe they should try the case by competitive Googling.

Lol. Never even considered going to a frat party. Was not for me. Not jealous. Thankfully they can bring all your alleged facts out at trial. Why so afraid?
It’s funny that demlion keeps acting as others are “afraid” when they call out his posts. What he fails to recognize/acknowledge is that most people disagree with him because of his arrogance and obvious biases. One of the worst posters on BWI.

It’s funny that demlion keeps acting as others are “afraid” when they call out his posts. What he fails to recognize/acknowledge is that most people disagree with him because of his arrogance and obvious biases. One of the worst posters on BWI.

Yep. The tortured connection he drew to the Catholic school kids pretty much tells us all we need to know. I feel sorry for his clients if that reflects the sort of arguments he makes in court.

Actually, by reading the posts you can see that what they are afraid of is a trial. If you are sure I am so wrong, then why not demand a public trial? Get the argument on the actual evidence out there, instead of fearing it. I would be happy to be wrong. Prove it.

He litters this board w/ constant political posts - eschewing the politics board - because that "no politics" rule is for regular people, not him.

Yep.

Yet, he, a 60-ish year old man who doesn't play by the board rules, is "doubling down" on his claims that it is a bunch of 16-year-old kids who go to private school are the ones who are "privilidged" and "don't have to play by the rules."

Last edited:
So, lawyers representing PSU committed malpractice when they settled for Second Mile in the lawsuits against PSU by Second Mile kids? You should file a complaint with the PA bar.
Might be a wee bit different when the path they chose was ORDERED by the BOT. When PSU paid the victims, it was OUT, and the case was OVER. The poster was talking about PSU settling with the Piazzas, then getting dragged back in. Try to follow along.

Last edited:
So this deep concern we see that the Piazzas are at fault because their kid voluntarily joined in is a one way street, eh? Not true for those who let him die?

You completely, possibly intentionally, misunderstood my point, which was the hypocrisy of the exact flip side to your retort. I did not say there was no fault among the frat boys, but that there was also fault - more personal and over a longer period of time - directed toward his parents. In my opinion, they did not do a proper job raising their son.

Actually, 'sons' plural, considering Mike, in his own words, was concerned by his medical test results because of how long he'd have to wait (one whole week.....damn!) before he could drink again.

Before you fall back on your "afraid of a trial" mantra, I'm not. The Piazzas should be, because all this nastiness will be paraded for all to see and hear, and the number of kids who go to trial equals the number of times they'll have to listen to all the negatives about their son. None of that will help with their healing process.

Reactions: Keyser Soze 16801
Nobody said anyone is afraid of a trial. The criminal trials which could still exist are over misdemeanors like hazing which is exchanging a drink with someone. Ins companies will pay civil suits. People are saying the whole thing is a shame and a tragedy and after millions have been paid no one is satisfied and want more blood

Reactions: Keyser Soze 16801
Nobody said anyone is afraid of a trial. The criminal trials which could still exist are over misdemeanors like hazing which is exchanging a drink with someone. Ins companies will pay civil suits. People are saying the whole thing is a shame and a tragedy and after millions have been paid no one is satisfied and want more blood
So what in the actual F did the posters mean who said the Piazzas should move on? That is, if they did not mean the piazzas should not have filed suit and demanded a trial?

Might be a wee bit different when the path they chose was ORDERED by the BOT. When PSU paid the victims, it was OUT, and the case was OVER. The poster was talking about PSU settling with the Piazzas, then getting dragged back in. Try to follow along.
WTF are you talking about? He said "Penn state should have settled for everyone when they paid $20m." Then you bizarrely claimed that Penn State's lawyers entering into a universal settlement in the Piazza matter would have been malpractice, even though he said nothing about their lawyers doing so without direction from "Penn state," their client.

Try to follow along.

Reactions: njlion73
WTF are you talking about? He said "Penn state should have settled for everyone when they paid $20m." Then you bizarrely claimed that Penn State's lawyers entering into a universal settlement in the Piazza matter would have been malpractice, even though he said nothing about their lawyers doing so without direction from "Penn state," their client.

Try to follow along.
Here is his post, nitwit: Penn state should have settled for everyone when they paid $20m, which is plenty of money. Now, they’re going to get sucked back into the Piazzas continuing vendetta against the “frat boys” who failed to save their son from himself.

How will PSU get sucked back into this, idiot? In exchange for the 20 mil. or whatever, THEY GOT A COMPLETE RELEASE OF ALL CLAINS RELATED TO HIS INJURIES AND DEATH. Are you really this stupid?

So what in the actual F did the posters mean who said the Piazzas should move on? That is, if they did not mean the piazzas should not have filed suit and demanded a trial?

If you're asking me, I mean that they should move on if/when criminal proceedings are over. This endless retribution tour will leave them unsatisfied in the end and appears to be consuming their lives. I guess this is how they grieve - I think I'd do something different.

Reactions: 81b&w
Here is his post, nitwit: Penn state should have settled for everyone when they paid $20m, which is plenty of money. Now, they’re going to get sucked back into the Piazzas continuing vendetta against the “frat boys” who failed to save their son from himself.

How will PSU get sucked back into this, idiot? In exchange for the 20 mil. or whatever, THEY GOT A COMPLETE RELEASE OF ALL CLAINS RELATED TO HIS INJURIES AND DEATH. Are you really this stupid?
I was addressing your bizarre claim about malpractice, idiot. Try to follow along.

Now you want to argue about a part of his post I didn't address. Perhaps you should direct your anger and confusion back to the poster with whose concern you're actually arguing. And while you're trying to follow along, you might want to also try decaf.

I was addressing your bizarre claim about malpractice, idiot. Try to follow along.

Now you want to argue about a part of his post I didn't address. Perhaps you should direct your anger and confusion back to the poster with whose concern you're actually arguing. And while you're trying to follow along, you might want to also try decaf.
Jesus. I said the only way they would get sucked in would be if their lawyers malpracticed. You did not understand, so maybe you should have kept from revealing how you didnt get it.

If you're asking me, I mean that they should move on if/when criminal proceedings are over. This endless retribution tour will leave them unsatisfied in the end and appears to be consuming their lives. I guess this is how they grieve - I think I'd do something different.
I might too, and they might when this is over.

Seems THEY are not afraid of what the evidence may show regarding what a drug addict Tim allegedly was. Moreover, if they try this case and get less than 20 million, chances are (depending on what pa law says) they wont be able to collect ANYTHING from the frat boys OR their families.

But this is all up to them, not us.

Jesus. I said the only way they would get sucked in would be if their lawyers malpracticed. You did not understand, so maybe you should have kept from revealing how you didnt get it.
If that's what you meant, then that's what you should have said, idiot. But you didn't. Perhaps it didn't occur to you that any of the defendants could subpoena PSU witnesses and documents and that might have been to what the person with whom you were arguing was referring. Perhaps you should ask him instead of arguing with your own strawmen.

Given that you're prone to pontificating about negligence standards when you don't know what they are, I'm not surprised that you're unable to see a larger picture. Try to follow along, nitwit.

If that's what you meant, then that's what you should have said, idiot. But you didn't. Perhaps it didn't occur to you that any of the defendants could subpoena PSU witnesses and documents and that might have been to what the person with whom you were arguing was referring. Perhaps you should ask him instead of arguing with your own strawmen.

Given that you're prone to pontificating about negligence standards when you don't know what they are, I'm not surprised that you're unable to see a larger picture. Try to follow along, nitwit.
That one really hurt you. Lol.

That one really hurt you. Lol.
You misstated the law because didn't know Pennsylvania is a modified comparative negligence state. You assumed that a nonlawyer using the term "sucked in" could mean one and only one thing--PSU being joined as a defendant--when it could have meant any number of things. You post mental eructations posing as inchoate arguments that omit most of what you had in your head and berate others for pointing out the holes in what you post. Yep, I really hurt myself there.

YOU WIN, Mr. I Claim to Be a Genius Lawyer But Malpracticed Because I Didn't Know PA Is a Modified Comparative Negligence State. Yay for you!

Everyone should realize that this could have easily happened to any one of us when we were under 21. Whether we were the one to fall down stairs twice or be a person at the party not realizing Tim was in trouble after the 1st fall. Nobody of the 100 there were demons like Kline tried to make them out to be during the criminal trials. He failed at that since every felony was thrown out several times but that was all part of his plan for a huge payday in the end. Claiming it was intentional gets on national news and prolonging it ends up in a bigger payday from PSU and frat in the end. His plan worked to a tee. He forced Parks Miller then Shapiro to keep re-filing felony charges every time they were dismissed to keep the whole thing in the news to jack up payday. And he still wants more. This guy is going straight to hell.

Everyone should realize that this could have easily happened to any one of us when we were under 21. Whether we were the one to fall down stairs twice or be a person at the party not realizing Tim was in trouble after the 1st fall. Nobody of the 100 there were demons like Kline tried to make them out to be during the criminal trials. He failed at that since every felony was thrown out several times but that was all part of his plan for a huge payday in the end. Claiming it was intentional gets on national news and prolonging it ends up in a bigger payday from PSU and frat in the end. His plan worked to a tee. He forced Parks Miller then Shapiro to keep re-filing felony charges every time they were dismissed to keep the whole thing in the news to jack up payday. And he still wants more. This guy is going straight to hell.
Not every lawyer can be honorable like Fair Gambit...

Reactions: Eaglesmere
Not every lawyer can be honorable like Fair Gambit...
How do you suppose that he forced these 2 elected officials, one of whom lost her post as a result of illegal, unethical charges unrelated to this case, to refile criminal charges again and again when they were without merit?

If the 20 mil. number is right, then I shudder to think what Tim Bream's actual role in this was.

If the 20 mil. number is right, then I shudder to think what Tim Bream's actual role in this was.
Don't you think Crazy Parks Miller would have loved to implicate him and create an even bigger splash? He escaped criminal charges. I would think Crazy had nothing. If she was willing to play games with the security tapes.....why would she give Tim a free pass?

Does everyone realize that PSU gave the fraternity a permit to serve alcohol that night for their bid acceptance? Frats need to request permission and it was granted. Probably 5% of kids there were 21. On top of that the security company named St Moritz who was hired by PSU to do security checks on frats were in the house 5 or 10 minutes before Tim P fell down the steps the first time and could have shut down the party but instead got a signature and left. The guantlet was a traditional game to start bid acceptance events and lasted 8 minutes and 4 or 5 drinks that are not mandatory for acceptance before party officially began. Kline and his money and influence drove this bus and media circus from day one. He reportedly has donated $50 million to Drexel Law School. Do you think that influence would make Parks-Miller and Shapiro to keep re-filing dismissed charges?

What does the absolutely disgraceful portrayal of the Covington students have to do with Trump?

Would it not be more appropriate - and correct - to simply make note of the shameful farce that certain elements have tried to make political capital from, rather than to bring “Trump” into it? For no meaningful purpose.

Isn’t that just yet ANOTHER element of FUBAR agendizing?

Choir boys as it were...

Reactions: demlion
Does everyone realize that PSU gave the fraternity a permit to serve alcohol that night for their bid acceptance? Frats need to request permission and it was granted. Probably 5% of kids there were 21. On top of that the security company named St Moritz who was hired by PSU to do security checks on frats were in the house 5 or 10 minutes before Tim P fell down the steps the first time and could have shut down the party but instead got a signature and left. The guantlet was a traditional game to start bid acceptance events and lasted 8 minutes and 4 or 5 drinks that are not mandatory for acceptance before party officially began. Kline and his money and influence drove this bus and media circus from day one. He reportedly has donated $50 million to Drexel Law School. Do you think that influence would make Parks-Miller and Shapiro to keep re-filing dismissed charges?
Sounds like another honorable lawyer to me...

Does everyone realize that PSU gave the fraternity a permit to serve alcohol that night for their bid acceptance? Frats need to request permission and it was granted. Probably 5% of kids there were 21.

On top of that the security company named St Moritz who was hired by PSU to do security checks on frats were in the house 5 or 10 minutes before Tim P fell down the steps the first time and could have shut down the party but instead got a signature and left.

The guantlet was a traditional game to start bid acceptance events and lasted 8 minutes and 4 or 5 drinks that are not mandatory for acceptance before party officially began.

Kline and his money and influence drove this bus and media circus from day one. He reportedly has donated $50 million to Drexel Law School. Do you think that influence would make Parks-Miller and Shapiro to keep re-filing dismissed charges?

Were Parks Miller and Josh Shapiro trying to get into Drexel? No? Okay, nothing there.

Did they have a permit to serve underage kids? No? Nothing there.

When the security co got a signal and left, did THAT make it legal for underage kids to drink? No? Of course not. The frat bought the booze. Illegal to serve, they served anyway. Their call, their fault. Others may have not performed their duties, but that did relieve the frat boys of their duties under the law. No wonder you're afraid of a civil trial. Your excuses suck.

What does the absolutely disgraceful portrayal of the Covington students have to do with Trump?

Would it not be more appropriate - and correct - to simply make note of the shameful farce that certain elements have tried to make political capital from, rather than to bring “Trump” into it? For no meaningful purpose.

Isn’t that just yet ANOTHER element of FUBAR agendizing?

are you serious? The covington thing blew up as a direct reaction to the trump awfulness. totally undeserved but it was entirely a way to repudiate trump

ADVERTISEMENT