ADVERTISEMENT

Announcement today - season is a go!!!

YIKES

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So, the Big Ten (1) doesn&#39;t have a built-in bye week, (2) has a 21-day suspension of play for players testing positive and (3) has a shutdown threshold of 5% positivity rate on a team.<br><br>Hang on to your butts.</p>&mdash; Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) <a href="">September 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Sad
Reactions: JustinTyme
Guys, the BIG does not want to have a season. Step back and look at this logically. Programs were already geared up for an Oct 17 start date. There was no reason to push the first game to Oct 24.

Those of you questioning why playing 9 games in a row in late Oct, Nov, and Dec are safer than dealing with the minimal threat of COVID to college athletes are on to something. It's not safer--the BIG's plan is actually more unsafe for the athletes than a September start would have been.

This is because the BIG asshats do not want to play. Oct 24 just happens to be the last date the BIG could theoretically be eligible for the CFP--the BIG has no intention to actually move forward with this plan. As soon as any bad COVID news hits any college football program, they will shut it down again.

So I have not followed the details of other leagues/schools' protocols. Is 21 day time out before return to play after a positive the norm?

Reactions: psu00
Guys, the BIG does not want to have a season. Step back and look at this logically. Programs were already geared up for an Oct 17 start date. There was no reason to push the first game to Oct 24.

Those of you questioning why playing 9 games in a row in late Oct, Nov, and Dec are safer than dealing with the minimal threat of COVID to college athletes are on to something. It's not safer--the BIG's plan is actually more unsafe for the athletes than a September start would have been.

This is because the BIG asshats do not want to play. Oct 24 just happens to be the last date the BIG could theoretically be eligible for the CFP--the BIG has no intention to actually move forward with this plan. As soon as any bad COVID news hits any college football program, they will shut it down again.

Once again, f*ck us.

So I have not followed the details of other leagues/schools' protocols. Is 21 day time out before return to play after a positive the norm?
Ha....not even close. The CDC has even lowered the quarantine to 9 days (maybe 10) but definitely not 14 anymore.

Once again, f*ck us.
gDfd_HdIl4glQyhgHWUPIkIs-qJEHnCLgXZo20ZTLBznj3VREL0eN077jcSXMrwezrAoonD5BpMCyXYT4zlKes3bq9qGw7JXoDy_iSTLVMHcVVD0hE8QBs6FKdxwLHzfC9AeNwJ_AV2gMh68jyD3IoTAE-1AMjBZ4gFTQQ

You have to ask? SEC all day (except for a slight chance if OSU is the 9-0 team)....we’ll hear about the gauntlet the SEC team went through to get to 11-1 while the Big team just took a walk through the park.
So what if tosu is something like 7-0 because a team has to cancel a game? No chance in hell IMO.

Reactions: psu00 and AWS1022
Stupid. This league is just stupid. Personally, I could care less to watch these meaningless games. 8 games is pathetic and they are starting basically when they should be finishing. I thought Fauci said don't play too deep into the fall; this is basically going to winter. What morons.

How many temper tantrums have you thrown so far? Grow up.

Agreed. The B1G hates itself so much they are insisting on cancelling the season twice so they can deal with the aftermath of cancelling the season twice since it went so well the first time. It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it at all.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Makes the B1G eligible for the CFP - have to take what we can get.

Only if everything goes perfectly. By needlessly delaying this decision for weeks now the big ten has removed any bye weeks that could act as buffers for any suspended games. Oct 10 start would have allowed 2 bye weeks and flexibility. Oct 24 allows none. Now, if any teams postpone games there will be no making them up.

How do they determine who goes to the championship game if a team plays say 6 games while others play 8? Will the playoff committee pick a big ten team that’s played 7-9 games over the other conferences playing 10-11?

Last edited:
Reactions: JustinTyme
No fans or public sales. Possibly families of players and staff.
thanks, gotcha.

just saw this:
Penn State athletic director Sandy Barbour said the Big Ten has agreed to have no fans attending football games this season, which will be held on campus throughout the season. The league is working on a plan to allow families of players and staff to attend both home and away games.

Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez said the schedule will be released later this week.

Stupid. This league is just stupid. Personally, I could care less to watch these meaningless games. 8 games is pathetic and they are starting basically when they should be finishing. I thought Fauci said don't play too deep into the fall; this is basically going to winter. What morons.
You're a wonderfully supportive fan of Penn State football. :rolleyes:
I don't think you will be missed.

• Sad
Reactions: Ski
Suit yourself as far as watching the games. I'll be watching. You do kind of have a point about starting vs. finishing. But based on what we've seen of college students so far most of them who are going to get Covid will probably have had it by then and they'll be testing football players a lot more than the population at large, so I think it doesn't make a lot of sense to have our team sitting out when most others are playing. We tend to think in terms of player health, but the older coaches will probably have more risk than the players in this situation.

Agreed. The B1G hates itself so much they are insisting on cancelling the season twice so they can deal with the aftermath of cancelling the season twice since it went so well the first time. It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it at all.

Exactly what about the BIG's actions to date regarding this matter indicates that they are acting in good faith? How much more evidence do you need that they are incompetent and disingenuous?

They are now getting so much heat that they are kicking the can down the road as far as possible, in hopes that the SEC/ACC/Big 12 seasons blow up before BIG teams ever have to take the field. Then they can promote the narrative that "they tried". They very clearly do not want to play. And they clearly do not care about the welfare of the players if they are going to play for 9 straight weeks. This group of bureaucrats has only been about protecting their own asses the entire time.

I'm not sure why you refuse to see this reality.

Reactions: Ski and JustinTyme

<<The idea behind the 21-day suspension for positive test results is to ensure that Penn State will not be at full strength for its annual back-to-back gauntlet of Ohio State, Michigan, and either Iowa or MSU.>>

<<sarcasm font in use>>

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT