ADVERTISEMENT

Announced attendance for Army...107,000?

dwiz

Aug 4, 2002
Are they going to announce 107,000 as the attendance since they are claiming this is the first non-conference sellout game in years even when there are 70,000 people in the stands? Seems they usually use the biggest number they can wrangle up (tickets sold + employees), maybe they just skip announcing it at the game?

Perhaps giving away 30,000 tickets (including 4 to people who only requested one) and calling it a sellout was not the best plan?

Are they going to announce 107,000 as the attendance since they are claiming this is the first non-conference sellout game in years even when there are 70,000 people in the stands? Seems they usually use the biggest number they can wrangle up (tickets sold + employees), maybe they just skip announcing it at the game?

attendance is based on tickets sold, not how many people are in the stadium.

Who cares what the announce attendance is anyways? Isn't it suppose to be crappy weather wise?

Tickets given away to people who don't want them included in that announced figure?

Reactions: Sproul
107k tickets "sold" plus 3k employees, might as well put it on the list of top 10 attendances in Beaver Stadium history! You can put it up with the AD making a profit of 4 million dollars last year after taking a 10 million dollar loan. Loans are profit right?

Then the solution is simple: Announce "tickets sold," not "today's attendance." Attendance means how many people "attended," which is substantially different. I even saw that one of the "reporters" talking about the game vs. SDSU lauded the student section for filling up after the 1Q, which could not be further from the truth (lower bowl never filled up). Of course, that's what you get for trusting journalists to tell the truth. Then again, PSU could report the truth about attendance, but then they would have to stop claiming to be on the top 5 in attendance.

And to the original point, if the forecast holds, there will be 70k in "attendance" -- tops.

I guess the meaning of sold has changed since I took my last economics class.

Perhaps giving away 30,000 tickets (including 4 to people who only requested one) and calling it a sellout was not the best plan?
"The Tsunami Barbour Plan"

Hey!! We're just getting started!!

th
th

We WILL reach our goal!

th

(No references to Cal :) )

Reactions: 91Joe95
Quit complaining and start getting your butts into those seats. Amazing it seems this board is littered with post bitching and moaning about everything and more. Most post have nothing to do with the team or football. Heading back over to premium where at least you can discuss Penn State Football.

Reactions: pap17754
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT