ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Pryts

psufan9808

Oct 27, 2014
We were supposedly close on him not all that long ago. Anyone have an update? Also, he is listed as a safety at 6'3" 205 and hits like a mack truck. Anyone else see him growing into a stud LB with great speed?

Seems a little large for S, although we've now seen a couple of larger S in the NFL (Taylor Mays, Kam Chancellor). At 17, it would seem that he gets up to 225/230 by his jr year. That would slot him more for OLB than S, but we'll see. Love to have him on the roster either way.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I'd love to get Pyrts, but anytime a prospect visits ND, it's worrisome. And yeah, my guess is that he ends up at OLB or star, too.

I'd love to get Pyrts, but anytime a prospect visits ND, it's worrisome. And yeah, my guess is that he ends up at OLB or star, too.

Despite that some think our "recruiting" competition is OSU it has always been ND and Michigan. Quite often kids we would like also fit the kids ND and Mich would like. OSU has a "different" profile.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I'm with you Magoo. Pryts and Ferns would be a duo with enormous potential and would add to the young core of Cooper, Bowen, Kelly, Farmer and Reeder. Linebacker U will continue nicely with that group. Also, I'm glad he is visiting ND today. If I am not mistaken he has already visited Michigan and OSU. That will just leave a trip out to UCLA and then he will have seen the competition and commit to PSU. Much like Fries having to visit UM before he was ready to commit to PSU. These trips to other schools are not necessarily a bad thing.
By the way, with respect to Ferns, I know he is supposedly looking at PSU and WVU but I still consider OSU to be the real competition here. I know his future major has been cited as key but OSU does not offer his major yet he was "in discussions" with them for three weeks before reportedly moving on. If they don't offer his major what was there to discuss for three weeks?

I'm with you Magoo. Pryts and Ferns would be a duo with enormous potential and would add to the young core of Cooper, Bowen, Kelly, Farmer and Reeder. Linebacker U will continue nicely with that group. Also, I'm glad he is visiting ND today. If I am not mistaken he has already visited Michigan and OSU. That will just leave a trip out to UCLA and then he will have seen the competition and commit to PSU. Much like Fries having to visit UM before he was ready to commit to PSU. These trips to other schools are not necessarily a bad thing.
By the way, with respect to Ferns, I know he is supposedly looking at PSU and WVU but I still consider OSU to be the real competition here. I know his future major has been cited as key but OSU does not offer his major yet he was "in discussions" with them for three weeks before reportedly moving on. If they don't offer his major what was there to discuss for three weeks?
Ferns eliminated OSU. It's over there. It's PSU vs WVU. Last time he was here we made a real impression, need him back on campus.

Pryts same deal, we need him back on campus. His dad was a LB here. Should be a matter of time, but you never know he might want to go his own way.

0% chance he ends up at OSU. He completely eliminated them and then he and his family had a pretty bad experience on twitter with OSU fans following that. Bad enough that he pretty much shut down giving interviews and even stopped using twitter all together. I suspect those "discussions" were pretty one sided.... Ferns is a respectful kid and OSU is the home town team, but once he saw the writing on the wall about the lack of a PE program, OSU was never really a factor. This kid is as committed to his major more than any recruit I can recall. He's already been out shadowing engineers in the field.

We were supposedly close on him not all that long ago. Anyone have an update? Also, he is listed as a safety at 6'3" 205 and hits like a mack truck. Anyone else see him growing into a stud LB with great speed?
To your second question, yes. He is a Sean Lee clone.

0% chance he ends up at OSU. He completely eliminated them and then he and his family had a pretty bad experience on twitter with OSU fans following that. Bad enough that he pretty much shut down giving interviews and even stopped using twitter all together. I suspect those "discussions" were pretty one sided.... Ferns is a respectful kid and OSU is the home town team, but once he saw the writing on the wall about the lack of a PE program, OSU was never really a factor. This kid is as committed to his major more than any recruit I can recall. He's already been out shadowing engineers in the field.
Hope you guys are right about him eliminateing OSU. I have become very cynical over the years about recruiting and the ability of 17 and 18 year old kids to be swayed by persuasive coaches. Again with Ferns, I go back to the old expression, "watch what they do, not what they say". He said he is committed to this one specific major yet he had very serious interst in OSU. Why? Why would they even be in the conversation if the major was factor number 1 and they don't offer the major? To me, that says the major is very important but is negotiable.
But even if OSU is out of it I thought the last update indicated he will visit Texas A&M and LSU, no? I would think both of them would be very viable options for him.

Also, I'm glad he is visiting ND today. If I am not mistaken he has already visited Michigan and OSU. That will just leave a trip out to UCLA and then he will have seen the competition and commit to PSU. Much like Fries having to visit UM before he was ready to commit to PSU. These trips to other schools are not necessarily a bad thing.

He's also visiting Stanford on June 22.

Ceasar,

Ferns and OSU were exploring work-around options to fulfill his academic interests, but after a few weeks if trying to jam a square peg in a round hole, Ferns decided it was best to move on and find a program that offers Petroleum Engineering (which is currently producing the highest incomes of any college degree). Fortunately, Penn State is Top 5 in this category.

Ceasar,

Ferns and OSU were exploring work-around options to fulfill his academic interests, but after a few weeks if trying to jam a square peg in a round hole, Ferns decided it was best to move on and find a program that offers Petroleum Engineering (which is currently producing the highest incomes of any college degree). Fortunately, Penn State is Top 5 in this category.
Thanks Chitown . That certainly bodes well for PSU.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
ADVERTISEMENT